DLT Cruwear purple Para3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

Re: DLT Cruwear purple Para3

Post by bouhunter »

Oloung1 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:11 pm
BG-ThatsMe wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:48 pm

On DLT's instagram there are "buyers" gloating that they were able to purchase and will be flipping both knives for x2 the price.

They'll list them for that, but then most will sit at ebay for months until some fool finally pays a stupid price.
Last edited by bouhunter on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

GarageBoy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 pm
The only PM2/Para 3 exclusives that didn't fly off the shelf were the 52100, the smooth g10 cruwear (which go for stupid money now), the two tone Cutlery Shoppe REX Para 3s, and the BBS K390 (still available!)
The BBS M390s are still available and the Cutlery Shoppe DLC XHP lasted several weeks.
I bought a XHP from CS, a PS 52100 on the bay and the K390 from BBS.
This Cru Wear makes my 4th Para 3
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

DLTJordan wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:19 pm
TenGrainBread wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:17 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:50 pm
Uhm, how can you prove that nobody needs a certain knife in a certain kind of steel? Cruwear has some properties that make it better than other steels, especially on toughness. Certain jobs and certain knife applications need that intrinsic property of that steel. That generalization just doesn't make sense at all. Without Spyderco's willingness to innovate and experiment with different steels we'd probably all be stuck with whatever steel was the industry standard in the last decade.
So you're saying that there's a job you need to do with a small folding knife that you wouldn't be able to do unless the steel was Cruwear? Cruwear is great and I love that Spyderco experiments with different steels, but nobody can pretend that the blade steel is allowing some heretofore un-doable task to be done. The exotic blade steels (especially on a smallish folder like the PM2) exist because aficionados find it cool, not because Spyderco is filling a functional gap.

I think DLT can avoid this server traffic issue if they have a lottery for these. Have a 3 day signup period where anyone can throw their hat in the ring. When the 3 days are up, draw names from a hat and whoever wins can purchase. No need to smash your keyboard at 11am on a Tuesday.

The lotto idea is being discussed, the big issue with it is the sheer number we'd have to figure out how to contact and arrange to purchase.
Should be pretty easy using a coupon code, I would think. Notify winners by the email they sign up with, then have them go to your website and put the knife in the cart, enter their unique coupon code, and then checkout.
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

jacala wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:58 pm
JMHO
I think "first come first served" is the fairest.That's a lottery itself.
Limit of one per customer.
Get a better server or vastly improve the current one.
The problem with this is the "first served" are going to be the pro flippers with Chrome extensions buying the knives. Still sound fair for the average collector? I suppose we should all be using the tools available but it's a cold war I really don't want to have to participate in.
jacala

Post by jacala »

Arkansaw,
You are dead right. I will be talking re this with my son--he's a computer whip.Makes me look like a dummy.
Chrome extensions ???
BTW,I think the flipper haters outnumber the flippers.
There has to be a solution ?
Just got an idea !!!! What if DLT formed a "spyderco club" and each member had a personal number and were given priority.
But I just thought -how would the flippers be recognized ? I've got the weekend to think about it :-)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

jacala wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:45 pm
Arkansaw,
You are dead right. I will be talking re this with my son--he's a computer whip.Makes me look like a dummy.
Chrome extensions ???
BTW,I think the flipper haters outnumber the flippers.
There has to be a solution ?
Just got an idea !!!! What if DLT formed a "spyderco club" and each member had a personal number and were given priority.
But I just thought -how would the flippers be recognized ? I've got the weekend to think about it :-)

Flippers gonna flip. Can't do much about it aside from showing restraint and refusing to buy from flippers. If we all came together as a community and made a pact to never buy from a flipper then there would be no incentive to buy to resell and flippers would vanish.

The bigger problem is bots. Dealers need to implement ways to eliminate bots and also audit their orders to ensure there are no duplicate orders.

They also really need to limit it to one per customer on the day of the release. Then just take off the limit the following day and let people get as many as they want to help sell through the remaining inventory after everyone has had a chance on the release day.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:01 pm
Flippers gonna flip.
Yep. And big wallet buyers are gonna buy. When an extra 50-100 bucks doesn't matter to someone, then the market exists and they'll sell. The interesting thing for me right now is watching the actual auctions with no reserve for these new para3's on Ebay. The final selling price of these will be what I consider "market" value. There's obviously some completed auctions at 250ish from the trust fund kids already, but these auctions should tell us what the market is currently at.
Gadgetgirl

Post by Gadgetgirl »

I love the black and purple combo.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Arkansaw wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:46 am

The problem with this is the "first served" are going to be the pro flippers with Chrome extensions buying the knives. Still sound fair for the average collector? I suppose we should all be using the tools available but it's a cold war I really don't want to have to participate in.
Preach. If they want it that bad they can have it. It’s just a knife, it ain’t like they’re coming for my guns.... yet
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
BG-ThatsMe

Post by BG-ThatsMe »

bouhunter wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:12 am
Oloung1 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:11 pm
BG-ThatsMe wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:48 pm

On DLT's instagram there are "buyers" gloating that they were able to purchase and will be flipping both knives for x2 the price.

They'll list them for that, but then most will sit at ebay for months until some fool finally pays a stupid price.
This is getting the twitter “manipulated media” label

Not my quote, fyi
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

How about everyone just stops...its over. The knife is sold out. Move along! Been waiting on photos and thoughts on the knife, not all these notifications of pissing and moaning.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

I ended up having someone message me today and offer me one for cost + shipping. I had a feeling there would be a sizeable group that bought two and are passing on the lesser of the pair, which is fine with me. I hope those that are still looking can find one at a reasonable cost.
jacala wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:45 pm
Chrome extensions ???
Yes, eCommerce chrome extensions do exist, that assist with automating the checkout process. Also with sniping auctions on auction sites like of course, Ebay. The key really is just to have an account on the given site with as much information saved as possible, so you can move through checkout faster. Pay with Credit Card vs Paypal. Use a wired internet connection vs wifi, etc.
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Shipping was lightning quick. Well centered, just had to tighten the pivot a bit but otherwise perfect. Needs a black Lynch clip now.

nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

restless ghost wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:15 pm
Shipping was lightning quick. Well centered, just had to tighten the pivot a bit but otherwise perfect. Needs a black Lynch clip now.

Awesome! Say what you want about DLT, but they have one of the fastest shipping turnarounds among the online dealers!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mine arrived yesterday evening - thanks to DLT for the fast shipping! The lock feels just a teeny bit sticky, but other than that I can't find a flaw.

This might be the first exclusive series where I actually try to collect each one, I like them so much.

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Gadgetgirl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:30 am
Mine arrived yesterday evening - thanks to DLT for the fast shipping! The lock feels just a teeny bit sticky, but other than that I can't find a flaw.

This might be the first exclusive series where I actually try to collect each one, I like them so much.

Nice collections, gadgetgirl and julia! Once again DLT reigns supreme in fast free shipping. Yeah, the colors alone makes it kinda highly collectible, doesn't it? :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:38 am
Gadgetgirl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:30 am

Nice collections, gadgetgirl and julia! Once again DLT reigns supreme in fast free shipping. Yeah, the colors alone makes it kinda highly collectible, doesn't it? :D
Yep, purple knives seem to be popping up lately as more makers have figured out that a lot of us love it. And with the DLC it just looks killer! I'm also a fan of Cruwear, so nothing not to like here for me.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Can't wait for mine! Will take a while though. Makes me wonder what model is DLT going to drop next? Possibly a Manix or a Para 3 lw? (based on their releases of their red m390)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 am
Can't wait for mine! Will take a while though. Makes me wonder what model is DLT going to drop next? Possibly a Manix or a Para 3 lw? (based on their releases of their red m390)
For whatever reason their 20CV Manix seemed to be a slow seller, especially the 2nd time around. I wonder if they will try a different model because of that?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Those look really nice. Nothing I'm interested in ... but I will confess, those look really nice!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!