Manix 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nerdlock

Re: Manix 3

Post by nerdlock »

vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:15 pm

I would be very interested to see your ideas. I'm curious to see what you
did to reduce the folded width especially. While I've grown used to it the Manix folders are certainly wide in the pocket.

You may be new here but I've found your posts insightful. Glad to have you around.

Thank you vivi! :)
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

screw construction I can get onboard with...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Vivi, I agree with just about every thing, except getting rid of the choil. Just like the Native, the choil was designed into from the start. No choil equals different knife.

So for me all your ideas, except with a choil. I would like to see the power lock, if possible.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 am
Honestly...when have you EVER used a knife and cut something from tip to ricasso/choil and weren't able to cut whatever it was you were cutting?? Or get to the ricasso/choil and thought "this knife would have been so much better with 4 more mm of edge" I'm willing to bet NEVER.
Cutting apples at the apple orchard for my niece and nephew. I was probably 4mm short of being able to cut clean through it and the choil got in the way more than I would have expected. That being said, I agree with just adding a few mm to the blade length, which should still fit within the handle, and I also agree with those that say removing the choil will make it a different knife.

Things I would like to see would be:
- At least some contouring, especially with the LW model
- Jimping that protrudes slightly less on the G10 liners
- A slightly longer blade, but still fits in the handle
- SCREW CONSTRUCTION FOR THE LIGHTWEIGHT MODELS! :)

Other than that I wouldn't change much, it's probably my favorite model, and its pretty darn good as is. I could see most of this done more as a CQI than a "Manix 3".

I think a Power Lock Manix XL would be awesome though. It would be VERY similar to the C95, but with the Power Lock rather than the backlock.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:50 pm
Also I named my dog Manix
94491298_280240769668753_2375728595340361728_n.jpg
That pup is the thread winner!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JohnDoe99

Post by JohnDoe99 »

vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:39 pm
I've been thinking about the Manix series a lot the past few weeks.

4 - The handle jimping needs to go.

6 - I would like the thumb ramp design to go back to the more mellow angle of the C95. See this photo for reference. Having used both side by side I find the C95 thumb ramp more ergonomic than the XL.

8. Consider removing the index choil, similar to how the Chinook folder dropped it. Here is a rough mock-up of a choil-less Manix XL with minimal changes to the rest of the handle. Here it is next to an XL showing 1/2" of cutting edge.

What would you like to see in a Manix 3 line?

For further reading, here is a comparison between the C95 Manix (the original) and the Manix XL (second gen)
Frankly, I would like to see that your suggestions don't materialize. It is frustrating to have such great knives constantly threatened by people who treat them as jewelry.

4) The Manix is a hard use knife. The jimping only helps under constant torque, grime, and sweat. That is why it is there, to provide traction. If you don't want a hard use knife, use another Spyderco model. There's plenty.

6) As with jimping, the high ramp helps prevent forward slippage of the hand onto, you know, the edge. If you are banging around with the knife, the likelihood of that slipping increases.

8) Forward finger choils are there for better, more precise control over the blade. Removing this would help transform the Manix into a generic sharpened crowbar suitable only for hammer grips, along with the previous "suggestions."

There was a similar thread recently proposing that we neuter and generalize the Native; removing the jimping, slimming it, removing the choil, "cpntouring" it so it can safely remain in the pocket for show and tell. Some of us actually use our Spydercos.
vivi

Post by vivi »

JohnDoe99 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:18 pm
Frankly, I would like to see that your suggestions don't materialize. It is frustrating to have such great knives constantly threatened by people who treat them as jewelry.
Not sure if you're aware of who you're talking to, lol.

I'm someone that recently bought a C95 green sprint in NIB condition. Instead of flipping it for $150 profit on ebay or keeping it pristine, I went out and batoned sappy wood with it, cut dirt covered roots, carved up some wood for roasting marshmallows, sliced cardboard for recycling etc. Also recently got the M4 Manix XL sprint. No safe queens here, I've gone out of my way to repeatedly expose it to corrosive fluids

In the first post there's a video of me chopping, batoning and cutting through a can with my Manix XL.

I fail to see how a knife with a U shaped handle benefits from a bunch of sharp jimping, considering no matter how wet my hands are they don't slip out of the handle.

Same thing with the thumb ramp. The handle has a deep guard on both ends. If those fail me a mellow little thumb ramp isn't stopping anything. But my hand doesn't slip out of U shaped handles.

The choil is debateable. Personally I don't need extra control on knives with 4" or less blades. I've never needed a choil on my Aqua Salt, my Bushcraft knife, etc. I don't have my heart set on seeing it removed, but it would make the knife work better for my uses.

In fact the Aqua Salt is a good design to reference in this discussion. It has prominent flares on both ends of the handles, it designed for hard use with wet hands or while underwater....yet the handle is smooth on the top and bottom VS the jimping on the Manix. Interesting comparison, no?
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

Ez556 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Honestly...when have you EVER used a knife and cut something from tip to ricasso/choil and weren't able to cut whatever it was you were cutting?? Or get to the ricasso/choil and thought "this knife would have been so much better with 4 more mm of edge" I'm willing to bet NEVER.
Cutting apples at the apple orchard for my niece and nephew. I was probably 4mm short of being able to cut clean through it and the choil got in the way more than I would have expected. That being said, I agree with just adding a few mm to the blade length, which should still fit within the handle, and I also agree with those that say removing the choil will make it a different knife.

Things I would like to see would be:
- At least some contouring, especially with the LW model
- Jimping that protrudes slightly less on the G10 liners
- A slightly longer blade, but still fits in the handle
- SCREW CONSTRUCTION FOR THE LIGHTWEIGHT MODELS! :)

Other than that I wouldn't change much, it's probably my favorite model, and its pretty darn good as is. I could see most of this done more as a CQI than a "Manix 3".

I think a Power Lock Manix XL would be awesome though. It would be VERY similar to the C95, but with the Power Lock rather than the backlock.
I agree thata lot of these changes could be done with CQI, like screw construction lightweights.

I've also run into times where I've used the full cutting edge. Like you mentioned, food prep. Longer edges halve apples and slice bread more efficiently. It limits the thickness of wood I can baton and split. Slicing thick stacks of cardboard is easier with more edge. I'm not as laser focused on this attributeas Wartstein but I do 100% agree with him that longer edges packed into a given design only increases versatility, no downsides.

Maybe instead of proposing a Manix 3 with no choil I should design a choil free powerlock knife based on the Chinook 4 with a more utilitarian blade shape.
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:51 pm
vivi wrote:

8. Consider removing the index choil,

Hey, Viv.
While I don't agree with some of your points, on this one, we are in total agreement. On the XL, there is no reason for the forward choil. It makes no sense at all. Dump it.

Another suggestion is move the clip mounting points more toward the end, and make it a deep carry clip. The standard XL clip is silly. If I wanted that much knife sticking out of my pocket, I'd just forget about a folder and go to a fixed blade on my belt.
I carry the XL way more often than I ever thought I would. I really enjoy the knife. It carries smaller than it seems and has huge cutting strengths. I totally agree that the forward choil is unnecessary. I am a choil user, but the knife cants forward too far for me when I use it. I have been thinking about a choil-less version of the XL for a while. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Maybe instead of proposing a Manix 3 with no choil I should design a choil free powerlock knife based on the Chinook 4 with a more utilitarian blade shape.
Better start designing that makers mark ;)
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:26 pm
JohnDoe99 wrote:
Frankly, I would like to see that your suggestions don't materialize.
Not sure if you're aware of who you're talking to
Yeah, JD!
Don't you dare question the random musings of... of... old what's his name.
vivi

Post by vivi »

gbcaffee wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 pm
RustyIron wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:51 pm
vivi wrote:

8. Consider removing the index choil,

Hey, Viv.
While I don't agree with some of your points, on this one, we are in total agreement. On the XL, there is no reason for the forward choil. It makes no sense at all. Dump it.

Another suggestion is move the clip mounting points more toward the end, and make it a deep carry clip. The standard XL clip is silly. If I wanted that much knife sticking out of my pocket, I'd just forget about a folder and go to a fixed blade on my belt.
I carry the XL way more often than I ever thought I would. I really enjoy the knife. It carries smaller than it seems and has huge cutting strengths. I totally agree that the forward choil is unnecessary. I am a choil user, but the knife cants forward too far for me when I use it. I have been thinking about a choil-less version of the XL for a while. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

For me, choils make the most sense in two different categories:

Knives with handles so small I can't otherwise get a four finger grip

Knives large enough the additional control they offer is beneficial (Which, for me, begins at about 6" blade length).

With knives in the 2-5" range that offer a handle with a full grip, I don't find choils to be very beneficial. On my Manix XL for example, I don't find there's anything I can do using the choil I can't do from the main grip. It has less than 4" of edge, I feel I get enough control from either position. Its tiny compared to the 8-10" blades I use daily at work.

The old pinned Pacific Salt in my pocket right now has a choil added. Notice I haven't added it to any other Pacific Salt. I found it wasn't very useful, and I never find myself reaching for it.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:15 pm
Well, then just lengthen the blade about the 4 mm that would fit into the handle? That would give the otherwise exact same model a pm2-ish cutting edge. Don´t think that would make the knife more cumbersome in any task, but more versatile in some... (and the blade gets shorter anyway over time due to sharpening)
Honestly...when have you EVER used a knife and cut something from tip to ricasso/choil and weren't able to cut whatever it was you were cutting?? Or get to the ricasso/choil and thought "this knife would have been so much better with 4 more mm of edge" I'm willing to bet NEVER. Come on now...it's getting VERY OLD, day in and day out multiple times a day across almost every model imaginable.

I could understand asking about an inch or a half inch, but nitpicking these couple mm's on so many models or favoring a model because of it is ridiculous. You might as well carry a sword or at minimum something like a Z Cut in a small little sheath and you'll have more than enough cutting edge. A Z-Cut is also a lot lighter than most of these LW folders (which is a big deal to you as well) Problem solved :rolleyes:

Rick, I am honestly surprised that a definitely experienced knife user like you is reducing the advantages of a longer cutting edge to situations where something has to be cut "from tip to ricasso" and the edge could be too short for that?!? Though exactly THIS can also be the case (but Vivi and EZ556 pointed that out to you anyway already), there are a lot more advantages in a longer edge/blade, as anyone who uses folders in various tasks probably knows, for example:
1.) Stuff with large diameters can be cut in one cutting motion (or at least fewer motions, where with a shorter edge you have to do back and forth, sawing motions)
2.) When for example whittling or cutting cardboard, with a longer edge one can do a longer, sweeping motion, without "running out of edge before running out of material (that gets cut)". Just cut a piece of cardboard with a very short edge: You´ll have to more or less press the edge downwards trough the cardboard or saw back and forth, while you can do one "arched" motion with a longer edge
3.) More cutting edge increases edge retention, since (quoting Vivi from another post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83520&start=20#p1320546): "there is more edge to dull"
4.) Related to 3: After a long day of cutting on a longer edge it is more likely that there are still really sharp areas
5.) Longer blade (and I actually proposed to lengthen the blade a bit) means more reach. This has several advantages (one being that you can keep the pivot area better away from stuff that could gunk it up)
6.) Longer blade = more clearance for the hand when cutting on a cutting board.

On the rest of your post: See next reply.. ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:15 pm
Well, then just lengthen the blade about the 4 mm that would fit into the handle? That would give the otherwise exact same model a pm2-ish cutting edge. Don´t think that would make the knife more cumbersome in any task, but more versatile in some... (and the blade gets shorter anyway over time due to sharpening)
Honestly...when have you EVER used a knife and cut something from tip to ricasso/choil and weren't able to cut whatever it was you were cutting?? Or get to the ricasso/choil and thought "this knife would have been so much better with 4 more mm of edge" I'm willing to bet NEVER. Come on now...it's getting VERY OLD, day in and day out multiple times a day across almost every model imaginable.

I could understand asking about an inch or a half inch, but nitpicking these couple mm's on so many models or favoring a model because of it is ridiculous. You might as well carry a sword or at minimum something like a Z Cut in a small little sheath and you'll have more than enough cutting edge. A Z-Cut is also a lot lighter than most of these LW folders (which is a big deal to you as well) Problem solved :rolleyes:
Reply about the values of a longer edge see post above.

Here (again... :rolleyes:) a friendly reply to your imho a bit unreflected remarks and way of putting those:

- This is a thread Vivi obviously started with the intention, that people could voice whatever they´d potentially like to see in a "Manix 3". One of my (and several others) suggestions is a longer cutting edge, without changing much else

- I´ve pointed this out to you several times already: This forum mostly IS about discussing rather little details, that may make a (more or less) slight difference for one, and not for the other: Of course a few more mm cutting edge is not a big deal, but just a small difference (and a small advantage for many) - but this is NO DIFFERENT to you yourself for example preferring G10 over FRN (practically, you could really do any task with an FRN knife as well as with a G10 knife), or even you preferring a Manix over a PM2 (practically both can do most tasks equally well). Still, no one ever says it´d be "ridiculous" that you prefer G10 or the Manix (cause there is 1.) no reason for that and 2.) this is not the tone people communicate in here normally)
It is a bit strange that you sometimes seem to believe it is on you to decide which little details matter and are ok to be discussed, and which are not... :rolleyes:

- You saying I´d ask for more cutting edge (quote) "day in and day out multiple times a day across almost every model imaginable" IS indeed ridiculous though and I may ask you in all friendliness to be a bit more thorough with such statements. Again, this forum is not about you and also not about you and me discussing. There are many new members and many who read threads and posts just occasionally and to put other members (in this case me... :rolleyes: ) in a bad light in a totally exaggerated way is not what I see people do here normally ever.

To put that out of the way once and forever:
- Yes, like many others here I see the advantages of longer cutting edges
- This is nothing theoretical, but based on my real use of knives in various tasks
- So sometimes (for example with the Manix) I mention that I love everything in a model, but just miss a bit more cutting edge from time to time (like you might say you like everything in a model but sometimes would like it to have a G10 instead of FRN handle or whatever)
- I assume that you just don´t do the knife tasks I do, cause if two models are equal in any other aspect, sure I´d prefer the one that gives me "a few mm more of edge", cause this makes it a bit more versatile in my use
- Still: I really don´t advocate for more edge "on almost every model imaginable". I like most models just as they are. Still, when comparing or deciding between two models, length of cutting egde is one (of several) factors I do consider and do point out.
And the Manix for me personally would be just-a-tad-even-better if the blade would be a bit longer. Again, based on many years of real use and real experience. If I cut an apple with my Stretch 1 (81mm of edge) and then with my Manix 2 LW (74mm of edge) I DO notice the (slight, but still) advantage of the Stretch concerning edge length
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

I bought almost all the variants of the original C95 and C101, and still own several. They were my EDC for quite a while, truly great knives. I bought a few different variants of the Manix 2 and XL but didn't use them much and have since sold them all. They're much different knives and just didn't work as well for me. Biggest thing was the uncomfortable, and for my purposes, mostly useless handle jimping. The thinner handles and blade stock were also downgrades, IMO.

In an alternate universe it would have been fun to see the Manix go through the same development style as the Chinook. The changes from 1 to 3 to 4 have been significant. An interesting evolution that has ended up with a more useful, if less visually interesting knife.

My wishlist for Manix 3?

Powerlock
Choil delete, ala Chinook 4
4mm blade stock
Dino jimping - only on the blade
Dentless lockbar
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

JohnDoe99 wrote:
vivi wrote:
I've been thinking about the Manix series a lot the past few weeks.

4 - The handle jimping needs to go.

6 - I would like the thumb ramp design to go back to the more mellow angle of the C95. See this photo for reference. Having used both side by side I find the C95 thumb ramp more ergonomic than the XL.

8. Consider removing the index choil, similar to how the Chinook folder dropped it. Here is a rough mock-up of a choil-less Manix XL with minimal changes to the rest of the handle. Here it is next to an XL showing 1/2" of cutting edge.

What would you like to see in a Manix 3 line?

For further reading, here is a comparison between the C95 Manix (the original) and the Manix XL (second gen)

4) The Manix is a hard use knife. The jimping only helps under constant torque, grime, and sweat. That is why it is there, to provide traction. If you don't want a hard use knife, use another Spyderco model. There's plenty.

6) As with jimping, the high ramp helps prevent forward slippage of the hand onto, you know, the edge. If you are banging around with the knife, the likelihood of that slipping increases.

8) Forward finger choils are there for better, more precise control over the blade. Removing this would help transform the Manix into a generic sharpened crowbar suitable only for hammer grips, along with the previous "suggestions."

There was a similar thread recently proposing that we neuter and generalize the Native; removing the jimping, slimming it, removing the choil, "cpntouring" it so it can safely remain in the pocket for show and tell. Some of us actually use our Spydercos.
Maybe a dehorned “City Slicker” or “Soccer Mom” versions of hard use knives is a thing. I can see in an EDC situation that most use their knives for boxes and food prep rather than gloved up and ready to take on the enemy. Nothing wrong with softening up a hard use knife IMHO as an option.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wartstein, I can't even read through all that. All I'm going to say is yes...there are many new members here, but if your a broken record day in and day out on cutting edge topic...multiple times a day, in various threads every day. Trust me...they'll see it. You post more than anybody around here, maybe you don't even realize how often you post? I dunno. I, unlike you...am lost for words at this point.

Ps...I've actually grown to like the Seki frn quite a bit :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

@Wartstein, regarding the extended blade, have you seen my mockups on the previous page? I photoshopped an extended blade over the regular Manix to at least provide a visual representation of how an extended Manix blade would theoretically look like. :)
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

vivi wrote:
4 - The handle jimping needs to go. The C95 pictured above is the perfect level of jimping for me. Some fine jimping on the spine and that's it. At the most I'd like to see jimping similar to the Police 4 lightweight. With such a secure handle shape I find the jimping needless on the Manix 2 series, and its my #1 complaint with the line.
I'm ambivalent on the jimping as a user, but it's easy to smooth it down and hard to put it on, so it seems like one of those things better left on at the factory and then up to the purchaser to remove. On balance, I prefer to keep it on my knives because they tend to have a wide range of uses, and sometimes the jimping is really useful (outdoors in the winter, with gloves, for example) but when the jimping would really annoy me (repetitive heavy cutting) I'm likely to have grabbed a fixed blade for the task anyway.
5 - I'm happy with both the lockback and caged ball lock versions. I'd also be curious if a power lock version would be possible. Either of these locks would work well for the Manix 3.
I prefer CBBL, but I'd be very interested to see a power lock version, especially on the XL.

Agree.
8. Consider removing the index choil, similar to how the Chinook folder dropped it. Here is a rough mock-up of a choil-less Manix XL with minimal changes to the rest of the handle. Here it is next to an XL showing 1/2" of cutting edge gained.
Without the choil, it wouldn't be a Manix for me. If I were to find a similar knife with no choil, I'd prefer it to be a wharncliffe, and then I think I'd want a CBBL Canis, which would be an awesome knife, but not a Manix.

I'd be interested in a larger (XL) size knife with no choil, but I think it's a totally different design (not a Manix).

Contrary to what other people are experiencing/saying, I find the choil useful on both the Police and Military, because it helps me choke up for finer control. When a large knife is the only knife in my pocket, the choil helps, and a large folder tends to be in that role ('only knife') more often than most others.

I'm definitely in favor of the choil.
9. Some contouring on the edges of the scales similar to the Shaman would suit this model very well in my opinion.
I agree, but again that's an easy mod for an end user, and may not be worth the price increase to do it at the factory.
10. Keep coating the blade and liners on the DLC models, it really helps with corrosion resistance.
In my opinion this should be true of all knives (including the Manix, of course).
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 am
@Wartstein, regarding the extended blade, have you seen my mockups on the previous page? I photoshopped an extended blade over the regular Manix to at least provide a visual representation of how an extended Manix blade would theoretically look like. :)
I personally completely missed your post, no idea how, but that is very much what an ideal Manix 3 would be in my eyes. I didn’t even think of reducing the closed height, but if making those few little changes would make it less wide in the pocket, would be awesome!
TomAiello wrote: Without the choil, it wouldn't be a Manix for me. If I were to find a similar knife with no choil, I'd prefer it to be a wharncliffe, and then I think I'd want a CBBL Canis, which would be an awesome knife, but not a Manix.
Mmmmm, yes, yes, please go on ;)
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.