Baseball is BACK!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
legOFwhat?

Re: Baseball is BACK!!

Post by legOFwhat? »

Well my friend we jumped out in front but its way too early to get comfortable. Atlanta has scored more than 3 runs in multiple innings thus far and they keep clogging the bases....
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Not gonna lie, I paced around the house when Jansen was brought in. Really thought we'd blow this game the was the Braves were pitching after the 1st.

Game seven Mac! After going down 2 games to start, I sure didn't think this was possible.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I've watched Atlanta do this more than once....
Thats why I've always said the Dodgers were never out of it. I honestly feel that the Dodgers are gonna win tomorrow too.
It just seems the tide has really turned.
I knew we should've drove the final nail in the coffin yesteday!!
Oh well.....pays to be a winner I reckon!!!
I'll be very suprised if we win tomorrow night...
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Really not going to hold my breath tomorrow, anything can happen. I'm hoping the Dodgers start Urias tomorrow, but they may be thinking bullpen game... Ian Anderson won't be easy.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:32 pm
Really not going to hold my breath tomorrow, anything can happen. I'm hoping the Dodgers start Urias tomorrow, but they may be thinking bullpen game... Ian Anderson won't be easy.
Seriously though!
Larry, this Series has been so back and forth, your exactly right. There's just no way to predict what might happen. Both teams can explode for runs and both teams can shut ya down with pitching.
I just have a feeling that L.A. will not only win the N.L. Series, but the World Series too.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Looks like the Rays are going to the WS. Now for Atlanta to get their act together. They were far ahead of the Dodgers and allowed them to tie. Now it is a death match. Atlanta does this everytime they get to this point, they blow their opportunity. Come on Atlanta, do it!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Here we go! Good luck all!
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well guys, it definitely sucks one of you is going to be disappointed after tonight. I'm just hoping for a thrilling game, right down to the bottom of the 9th!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Game 7's are so stressful lol!
Thanx Rick :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gosh Larry, Rick, this is gonna be a Looong night...
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:22 pm
Gosh Larry, Rick, this is gonna be a Looong night...
Paul, nothing is going to be easy thats for sure. Nail biting every pitch and I'm pretty sure my voice will be out tomorrow.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wow, what a comeback! Paul you said it would go that way but I wasn't seeing it.

Sorry Paul, Doc and others, Atlanta has an incredible team, the Waters kid will be up next year and they'll get their veteran pitchers back.

Dodgers vs Tampa Bay Ray's.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Congratulations Larry.
Your Dodgers earned it.
Frank Thomas or Big Papi ( can't remember) called it last night before the game in Pre Game Show
He someone would make a big mistake tonight whether from the dugout ( managing ) or between the lines. He was right, and that mistake was made between the lines in base running from Atlanta
I was absolutely stunned when we got doubled up
Couldn't believe we were going for home on contact with less than 2 outs either!!
Oh well, it cost us the game
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 am
Congratulations Larry.
Your Dodgers earned it.
Frank Thomas or Big Papi ( can't remember) called it last night before the game in Pre Game Show
He someone would make a big mistake tonight whether from the dugout ( managing ) or between the lines. He was right, and that mistake was made between the lines in base running from Atlanta
Couldn't believe we were going for home on contact with less than 2 outs either!!
Thanks Paul! Yeah I cringed when that happened and I thought they were about to blow the game up. I told my wife if they score 2 right here it's over! I was angry when they decided to start May instead of Urias and when they showed Kershaw warming up I nearly threw the remote at the TV! Urias did end up with the win and he looked fired up the entire time, so I guess that worked out.

Mookie robbing that homer from Freddy was insane and looked eerily similar to the homers we had, that barely scraped over the wall and just out of the reach of Pache and Acuna. It's nuts how evenly matched up both teams are and how something tiny as a millimeter can change an outcome.

IMO this will go down as one of the best NLDS I've ever seen, regardless of the outcome.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 am
Congratulations Larry.
Your Dodgers earned it.
Thanks Paul! Yeah I cringed when that happened and I thought they were about to blow the game up. I told my wife if they score 2 right here it's over! I was angry when they decided to start May instead of Urias and when they showed Kershaw warming up I nearly threw the remote at the TV! Urias did end up with the win and he looked fired up the entire time, so I guess that worked out.

Mookie robbing that homer from Freddy was insane and looked eerily similar to the homers we had, that barely scraped over the wall and just out of the reach of Pache and Acuna. It's nuts how evenly matched up both teams are and how something tiny as a millimeter can change an outcome.

IMO this will go down as one of the best NLDS I've ever seen, regardless of the outcome.
Yup & Yup :)
Well, I'm gonna root for the Dodgers to take it all.
The Dodgers have always been my second favorite team.anyways. My mother lived in LA for many years as well as my Aunts and Uncles.
Lol, Aunt Betty was an avid Dodgers fan, and Uncle Dale a Giants fan. He hated Tommy Lasorda!!
Anyways, back in the '70's Aunt Betty would send me Dodgers tee shirts and I would proudly wear them lol
Actually, if ya think about it, I prolly really should be a Dodgers fan. But, living where I do, its just Braves Country. I also love the Giants. Not only thru Uncle Dale, but also Madison Bumgarner
He grew up in the county beside mine. I don't know him, but he is a Appalachian Blue Ridge homeboy nonetheless!
At any rate, thanx for indulging me with this long winded post on my baseball ⚾️ loyalties lol
And, Go Dodgers!
benben

Post by benben »

Congratulations Larry! The Dodgers have to be commended for scratching and clawing their way back! And the Braves.....well that's just the Braves! Great year, but I don't care, same ole same ole! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I coach baseball & fastpitch. MS boys baseball, mainly as a favor but it's a chance to mold these young boys and to help prepare them for High School Baseball.

But my main love is girls fastpitch, hands down! I coached a NC State Championship team in 2018 and I'm an assistant coach right now for a 18U National travel team, my daughter plays college ball. I'm used to very high level play, this ain't rec ball!

What I saw last night in the 4th inning on the bases was flat out 12U rec / church baseball, terrible!! Couldn't actually believe I saw what I saw! Runners on 2nd & 3rd with no (zero) outs, cleats on the back of their necks, just a stupid momentum Killer!! They never recovered, and it doesn't help that the Dodgers are just a better team, you can't waste opportunity's like they had in the 4th and run bases with your head up your a$$!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yup. I hear ya benben
But, honestly, to me, its felt like fate that the Dodgers would win.
Especially with how we got doubled up last night.
Why in the world would we run for home plate on contact with less than 2 out, no outs no less!! And, it being hit to Turner at 3b!!!
Lol, it was just fate.......
Before that happened, I thought the same thing Larry did. We were gonna blow the game open and get at least 2 runs. And 2 runs at that point, would have sealed the deal. No doubt about it.
But, as FATE would have it....
Again though, benben, I know exactly where your comin from. I've mentioned days ago that I've saw Atlanta do this more than once. But, I know it's prolly corny, but it just feels like fate that the Dodgers will win the World Series this year.
There's really no other way to explain the junior league base running Atlanta exhibited last night
That's just what I think guys.
benben

Post by benben »

It was a complete brain fart! About 30 seconds after the 3rd out in the 4th (after the brain fart) the camera panned the Dodgers dugout, they looked like some happy thieves who had just stole something BIG! They all had this big "wow" that just happened smile!

Turner is a smart baseball player, a real 3rd baseman! And congratulations to Seager.....VERY deserving, a huge threat every time he steps in the box!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:13 am
Yup & Yup :)
Well, I'm gonna root for the Dodgers to take it all.
The Dodgers have always been my second favorite team.anyways. My mother lived in LA for many years as well as my Aunts and Uncles.
Lol, Aunt Betty was an avid Dodgers fan, and Uncle Dale a Giants fan. He hated Tommy Lasorda!!
Anyways, back in the '70's Aunt Betty would send me Dodgers tee shirts and I would proudly wear them lol
Actually, if ya think about it, I prolly really should be a Dodgers fan. But, living where I do, its just Braves Country. I also love the Giants. Not only thru Uncle Dale, but also Madison Bumgarner
He grew up in the county beside mine. I don't know him, but he is a Appalachian Blue Ridge homeboy nonetheless!
At any rate, thanx for indulging me with this long winded post on my baseball ⚾️ loyalties lol
And, Go Dodgers!
Any time brother :) I don't see many Dodger fans here in the bluegrass and feel like the only one sometimes, most folks around here are Braves or Reds fans. I adopted my Dodger fandom from my dad who was a big Koufax fan.
Corey Seager and Alex Wood are both from Charlotte NC so that should give you another reason to pull for them :D
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
benben

Post by benben »

Corey grew up probably 25 / 30 miles from me. I've heard my dad say Sandy Koufax was the best pitcher in his lifetime many many times, he was a huge Koufax fan!