Webex with Sal and Eric?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

WebEx or Zoom with Sal and Eric?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 46

ykspydiefan

Re: Webex with Sal and Eric?

Post by ykspydiefan »

Really neat idea. I am in. IT challenged but I could figure it out if Sal and Eric were game.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:21 pm
Not sure about video conference, that would be next to impossible with 50+ people.
But Twitch/YouTube livestream with chat, that is doable.
I responded: YES. Let's see where this goes.

Nonetheless, I agree with the statement above: Twitch/YouTube livestream with chat is the easiest. There is no way anyone is going to fit 50 to 100 of us in, and many people would be shutout.

I chimed in because I could not believe that just 20 people had responded. But I also know that they have to set aside a full day or more to do this, so I understand if they say no. I watch all of the Spyderco videos put out by retailers and Spyderco, so, I know who is leading the way and I'm impressed with the product. (I'd have double to triple the number of Spyderco knives that I have if I had the income.)

I'm pretty private, so I'm all in for a global appearance on YouTube by Sal and Eric, where we can chat back and forth would be fine. If you feel the need to share who you are with a fellow forum member, send them a pic.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Just to play Devil’s advocate here, do you guys not get enough of a chance to interact with Sal here on the forum? Given that several of you seem to have little to no experience with these platforms (which honestly in late 2020 during a pandemic is a bit surprising to me), it just seems like it would be fraught with IT glitches, not to mention some folks seem resistant to being seen “in person” online.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time on Zoom meetings on a weekly basis, both giving and listening to lectures, attending virtual conferences (I was supposed to be traveling to Hawaii this weekend for a conference in fact :mad:), and generally trying to keep my operation afloat that I truly don’t want to mix business with pleasure like this. But that’s just me... I just think it would be a whole lot of wish-listing poor Sal and Eric for a hundred variations of existing models. ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

!!!YES!!!

Any reason a forumite with a Zoom pro plan couldn't just set one of these up and invite folks?

I have done some Trader Vic's zoom calls for tiki enthusiasts, and they are a blast!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 pm
I just think it would be a whole lot of wish-listing poor Sal and Eric for a hundred variations of existing models. ;)
that's what i expect too, haha
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 pm
I just think it would be a whole lot of wish-listing poor Sal and Eric for a hundred variations of existing models. ;)
that's what i expect too, haha
We coukd have rules and an agenda to follow.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I like the idea, but I also think the Twitch proposal seems more likely/easier. The added benefit of being able to watch the stream whenever it's convenient (past broadcasts), would be fantastic for anyone who can't make it.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Zoom and WebEx have recording capability.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050