Spyderco Face Mask (now bandana, hat and patch)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mini2white

Re: Spyderco Face Mask (now bandana, hat and patch)

Post by Mini2white »

bobnikon wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:43 am
I like ball caps, but prefer my "adventure" hats. The all around brim keeps off sun and rain.

I think a colaboration with Tilley would be awesome for hats, as they already have the gear and skills to make them.
I wear broad brim hats very often as our sun is harsh. I bet many others do too.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

bobnikon wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:43 am
I like ball caps, but prefer my "adventure" hats. The all around brim keeps off sun and rain.

I think a colaboration with Tilley would be awesome for hats, as they already have the gear and skills to make them.
Another Canadian brand, Lonix, also make superb Bush hats, and cheaper than Tilley.
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

Surfingringo wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:27 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:48 pm
I say regular ball caps, but flexfit. A couple different sizes. I'd think they would sell much better to the general population than some of these niche styles. Never heard any complaints over flexfits!!
I’ll be your first. I like the idea of the flex fit hats but they Don’t work for me. I’m kind of in between sizes. The mediums are too small but the large is a little too big. Fits ok when brand new but stretches out to unusable within a few months. I would use them all the time if they fit me but as it stands i avoid them in favor of snapbacks.
2nd, the smaller size gives me a headache and the larger size loses elasticity and doesnt fit right before too long.

most people dont realize that there are two types of NewEra flat brim hats. They have a deep and a shallow. I like the deep and they are wool so they can shrink up and begin to fit a bit more custom to my head

Also, they will hold a curve if you prefer not to have a flat brim but that is a choice you get to make for your own hat. flex fit always have a pre curved bill that is too tight on my fat wide face. flat brims can be curved but wont be blinders on the sides like precurved brim.

Sorry Sal, Im with Eric
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

I'm late to the party here. I saw Eric's hat in the Knifecenter reveal video. I can find the T-shirt (great design) but I can't find the hat and I really love the look of it. Is the hat available?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Skidoosh,

He was wearing a prototype not yet available.

sal
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I’ve not heard the term “drivers hat” before. My dad called them cheese cutters :D