National Breast Cancer Awareness Month... Time To EDC Your Pink Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

National Breast Cancer Awareness Month... Time To EDC Your Pink Spyderco

Post by Water Bug »

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I'm EDCing my Spyderco Pink Native, Model C41PPN, in recognition and support of this cause as well as in remembrance of those women I know who've faced the challenges of breast cancer, and those who lost the fight. How about you?

Spyderco released the Pink Native in 2008, and pledged the donation of 5% of all wholesale sales to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength. I purchased the Pink Native in support of this initiative and have EDC’ed this knife every October.

The Pink Native C41PPN was discontinued and replaced by the Pink Native 5 Lightweight (C41PN5). As noted by Spyderco in its link below, this knife (along with some of Spyderco's popular, brightly colored versions of its lightweight models) provides a constant reminder of the brave women currently battling all forms of cancer and helps support them in that fight. And, per the link, Spyderco also supports Guardians of the Ribbon/Pink Heals Tour and the "Cares Enough to Wear Pink" programs... it donates a portion of the sales of its pink-handled knives to this amazing organization...

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... N-Pink/952

EDC your Pink :spyder: this month in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Thunderpants

Re: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month... Time To EDC Your Pink Spyderco

Post by Thunderpants »

I'm the only one in the universe itching to own a pink Tropen, but since they only managed to sell 6 of the slick black originals I know it'll never happen (I guessed the number, but they're hardly flying off the shelves, thanks to some dodgy design mistakes around the lock mechanism)

So I'll have to make do with my pink Native as well. It's not like there's a ton of choice, pink wise, out there! A few Ladybugs but I have never seen one in person. I quite like the pink FRN on the Native - it certainly helps make a knife a whole lot less ominous than if it were in some military, blacked out colour scheme. And if a few dollars went to breast cancer research or aid, that's a fantastic bonus. We need more breast cancer Spydercos, that's for sure!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I’ve been carrying my pink Native5.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

This would be the perfect month to release that pink delica...hope it drops soon!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I don't own a pink Spyderco anymore.. I suppose i could swap the scales back, but i am 100% for the cause in spite of the original scales withdrawn to a drawer :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Pink knives? No, thank you.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Some of my pink Spydies ... :p ... it's my honor to support National Breast Cancer Awareness, even when it is not in my home country!

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The most feminine and pretty knife picture I've ever seen! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

**** that pinky-purple Ruger is scary... not because it's a gun but because it looks like a toy gun. Hate to think how often those fall into the wrong hands. Great picture though!

Them flowers are great too!
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

:D