Is it possible we're stretching spyderco a little thin...?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Is it possible we're stretching spyderco a little thin...?

Post by sal »

Hi Ugaarguy,

Thanx much for the insight and explanation. These "behind the scenes" points of view are interesting to our ELU's that pay attention to the inside view of business.

FYI, Spyderco tries to be a model business model for those in or going into business. The "right mix".

sal
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

The suggestions don't get old, the whining that happens when people don't get their "dream knife" gets old - imagining a toddler foot stomping when their parents won't get them the toy they want
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I don't know about Spyderco but it IS spreading MY wallet a little thin!!! A slowdown would work well for myself! :cool:

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:01 pm
I don't know about Spyderco but it IS spreading MY wallet a little thin!!! A slowdown would work well for myself! :cool:

CG
Exactly, maybe Spyderco is stretching US a little thin! :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
sal

Post by sal »

All things in moderation.

sal
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Usually glance over the change a knife requests as it’s someone’s design and to me it’s rude to pick.

Enjoy a new knife suggestion as over the years we have seen some good knives come out of this.

Live in Northern Australia now (Crocodile Dundee Territory) with no knife limits so the outdoors Lifestyle leads to a change to more fixed blades than folders like when I was younger and was city living. So more requests for fixed blades for me nowadays.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Sprints/Exclusives are a great way for Spyderco and the dealers/distributors to make some quick money since they’re usually very popular models with new steels and handle colors/materials which the customers demand.

This trend has accelerated the past few years with the greater capacity of the Golden plants. This year alone 55% of all new Spyderco knife models are Sprints/Exclusives and of those 75% come from the Golden plants.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln