Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Re: Z-Wear Shaman: availability discussion & lookout thread

Post by ABX2011 »

The Campsaver date was bogus. They keeping pushing it back.
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:04 pm
The Campsaver date was bogus. They keeping pushing it back.
How disappointing! Hopefully it will be out soon! I would like to get one too.
archangel

Post by archangel »

:mad:

Well, saved me a bump post.

Oops!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

Whennn???? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
TheFrozenCelt

Post by TheFrozenCelt »

archangel wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm
Whennn???? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Relax mate, all good things to those who wait. I'm sure the lads and lasses at Spyderco are working hard and they will release it when that time comes. All we can do is wait, I'm sure it will be soon and I'm sure you will get one! Cheers! :)
"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." -Mithrandir
archangel

Post by archangel »

Change of plans. Took too long, now there's not going to be any Spyderco purchase from me for the next 6 months. Instead I was able to get the wife to agree on another totally not necessary but soooooo nice to have extravagance. So long...
Michael
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

archangel wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:31 am
Change of plans. Took too long, now there's not going to be any Spyderco purchase from me for the next 6 months. Instead I was able to get the wife to agree on another totally not necessary but soooooo nice to have extravagance. So long...

What could be more important than a Z-Wear-carta Shaman??? :confused: I can't even imagine...
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
GaryArt1

Post by GaryArt1 »

archangel wrote:
Cool. My chances of getting one just went up. 😂
Current Spydercos in EDC rotation: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Dragonfly 2 Toku2, Vrango, Matrix 2 G10 Black, Native 5 Fluted Carbon, Canis, Native 5 Salt, Enuff Sheepfoot, Lil' Temperance 3, Proficient, Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Zwear micarta, Shaman Black/Black Spyderedge, DLT tan Yojimbo 2
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

fick·le
/ˈfik(ə)l/

adjective
changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.
"Web patrons are a notoriously fickle lot, bouncing from one knife to another on a whim"
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

GaryArt1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:23 am
archangel wrote:
Hey leave one for us newbie! I don’t have a Shaman yet!
GaryArt1

Post by GaryArt1 »

Blackpearl wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:58 pm
GaryArt1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:23 am
archangel wrote:
Hey leave one for us newbie! I don’t have a Shaman yet!
No problem. I'm saving a space in line for you right behind me.
Current Spydercos in EDC rotation: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Dragonfly 2 Toku2, Vrango, Matrix 2 G10 Black, Native 5 Fluted Carbon, Canis, Native 5 Salt, Enuff Sheepfoot, Lil' Temperance 3, Proficient, Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Zwear micarta, Shaman Black/Black Spyderedge, DLT tan Yojimbo 2
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Pretty sure they'll show up eventually.
GaryArt1

Post by GaryArt1 »

ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Yes I don't think it is a matter of if, just when. Spyderco still has quite a few knives to issue from reveal 5. But if you consider how Covid is effecting the manufacturing community, they are doing pretty **** good. My hopes with the Shaman is they have realized the huge interest in this sprint and they are using the extra time to produce a large run of it so they don't leave as many disappointed fans as with the Cruwear version. My only complaint in waiting is I am spending an exorbitant amount of time lately checking the forum and site so I don't miss the drop.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

GaryArt1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:31 pm
ABX2011 wrote:
Yes I don't think it is a matter of if, just when. Spyderco still has quite a few knives to issue from reveal 5. But if you consider how Covid is effecting the manufacturing community, they are doing pretty **** good. My hopes with the Shaman is they have realized the huge interest in this sprint and they are using the extra time to produce a large run of it so they don't leave as many disappointed fans as with the Cruwear version. My only complaint in waiting is I am spending an exorbitant amount of time lately checking the forum and site so I don't miss the drop.

Fingers crossed :) I hope that they release a good amount of batches per dealer so people like us from across the globe can also chance upon this sprint...so far all my sprint runs have been from the secondary market with the horrible marked up prices and all, just got lucky most were only a few bucks or so above actual selling price.

It would also help defeat scalpers and opportunists who will eventually sell these for $300-upwards to those who missed out.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JohnDoe99

Post by JohnDoe99 »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:50 pm
GaryArt1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:31 pm
ABX2011 wrote:

Fingers crossed :) I hope that they release a good amount of batches per dealer so people like us from across the globe can also chance upon this sprint...so far all my sprint runs have been from the secondary market with the horrible marked up prices and all, just got lucky most were only a few bucks or so above actual selling price.

It would also help defeat scalpers and opportunists who will eventually sell these for $300-upwards to those who missed out.
There needs to be a consumer union where we strike the scalpers down to our level, or the knife rots in their safe. Pure scum.
archangel

Post by archangel »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 am
archangel wrote:

What could be more important than a Z-Wear-carta Shaman??? :confused: I can't even imagine...

A Sony Master Series OLED TV set. :p
Michael
kobold

Post by kobold »

On the 30th of September I was browsing the site of my local watering hole when this knife appeared. The page said 'delivery time five to ten days'. I placed an order and received a confirmation email ok for a C229MPZW.

Then just an hour later they called me saying that while my order is valid they actually had some kind of database/server thing going on and that the delivery time will certainly not be 5-10 days. And they only list the standard s30v models since then.

They sounded like it can take weeks, a month or even more for this to happen.

It's a trustworthy shop btw.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I am going to pass so no competition from me ... but I usually miss out anyways!
Good luck!!
I fully plan to watch it go down and follow the commentary!!!
So entertaining!!!! (even the pre release) :cool:

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Gil P.

Post by Gil P. »

Still no news on this knife?
I put it on my wishlist at blade hq, I hope I can get one.

Sort of unrelated but does the compression lock ever have any problems locking if it gets a bunch of dust on it? I plan on using at a construction site.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

No idea but Campsaver adjusted the estimated date for my order until Feb 2021!