New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gsg9

New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Post by Gsg9 »

https://youtu.be/P1QAPVYgeWg
Holland

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Post by Holland »

Awesome video. Very excited for the chaparral
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Super cool. So many knives on my want list. That Tenacious LW is probably the one I am looking forward to the most. It looks fantastic!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

That's cool to hear! :D
-Nick :bug-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

I’m going to watch this later
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
PStone

Post by PStone »

Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoy listening to Eric talk and absolutely love his enthusiasm. :spyder:

Non-knife question, can anyone tell if that’s a Spyderco hat Eric is wearing? Would be pretty cool if it was, and is going to be offered for sale.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I enjoyed this video as well. Good to get another look and see them all at other angles and in different light.

I love the beauty and feel of wood and the various species & grains, but I have mostly ruled them out on firearms and knives. Now I'm wondering if this chaparral is going to make me cave?

I do have a green and yellow Zome Delica in S30V ... so not the first we have seen of it in a Delica, but I believe it is the first we have seen of it in a coated S30V blade Delica.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm
"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

I caught that, too! Very exciting. I foresee lc200n se hawkbill salts in my future!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mushroom wrote:

Wonder if that means we may actually see a FFG Aqua Salt someday? I'd buy a couple.
:unicorn
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

PStone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm
Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoy listening to Eric talk and absolutely love his enthusiasm. :spyder:

Non-knife question, can anyone tell if that’s a Spyderco hat Eric is wearing? Would be pretty cool if it was, and is going to be offered for sale.
His boyish excitement is somewhat contagious. It's great to see so much enthusiasm over new models; he would fit right in with all of us here!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Albatross wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 pm
PStone wrote:

His boyish excitement is somewhat contagious. It's great to see so much enthusiasm over new models; he would fit right in with all of us here!

I was thinking the same thing. It is awesome to see how excited he gets about the models, steels, materials, etc. I hope that he joins in the forum fun some day and becomes a regular presence on here like his pops! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

PStone wrote:

Sal has said they're working on a black hat, i think, as well as a pink one. Maybe this is one of them??
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

vivi wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

Wonder if that means we may actually see a FFG Aqua Salt someday? I'd buy a couple.
The Aqua Salt is underrated in my opinion. It's a good knife. I like easy to sharpen fixed blades, as the longer edges take longer to sharpen.
My favorite knives are the Salt 2, Dragonfly Salt and Aqua Salt, so I'm really excited about this.
sal

Post by sal »

Yes, on the hat.

That's a prototype of one of the hats we're planning, We'll have a gray one like he's wearing, but with black handles on the Bowie's and a pink one. We may also have a red one, but we're waiting on a sample. They'll be sold consumer direct to keep the price down.

sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

tonijedi wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:59 pm
vivi wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

The Aqua Salt is underrated in my opinion. It's a good knife. I like easy to sharpen fixed blades, as the longer edges take longer to sharpen.
My favorite knives are the Salt 2, Dragonfly Salt and Aqua Salt, so I'm really excited about this.
Its one of my favorite general utility knives. One of these days I need to pick one up in SE!
:unicorn
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Yes, on the hat.

That's a prototype of one of the hats we're planning, We'll have a gray one like he's wearing, but with black handles on the Bowie's and a pink one. We may also have a red one, but we're waiting on a sample. They'll be sold consumer direct to keep the price down.

sal
Cool, I'll definitely be in for a hat. Is there a chance that there will be any flat brim hats? :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Also, just whipped this up real quick to get a slightly better idea of the artwork on the hat.

(Note: This is just a concept of what was shown in the video and not exact)
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Also, just whipped this up real quick to get a slightly better idea of the artwork on the hat.

[/img]

(Note: This is just a concept of what was shown in the video and not exact)
That’s awesome! I see it now. Thank you! I’m definitely in for that black one. And most likely the gray too.
PStone

Post by PStone »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm
PStone wrote:

Sal has said they're working on a black hat, i think, as well as a pink one. Maybe this is one of them??
Looks like you were right!
sal wrote: Yes, on the hat.

sal
Thanks for confirming! Can’t wait!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:47 pm
sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Yes, on the hat.

sal
Cool, I'll definitely be in for a hat. Is there a chance that there will be any flat brim hats? :cool:
Large pizza
Regular crust
Cheese
Sausage
Onion
MUSHROOM?!

:D :D :D

I’m hungry. Maybe I’m off on the understanding but I laughed audibly. Thank you.
Last edited by prndltech on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006