Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Woah, rare sighting from this guy lately!
Been busy with non knife things unfortunately.
Super exited for some of the new spyder offerings though :D
Bought my buddy a Bladeops Exclusive Para2 with the wave for his Birthday. Got to play around with it for a bit, a very cool knife.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Dragonfly and Police4 lightweight in k390. As well as the blacked out wharncliffe manbug.

How have you been?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I’m super interested in Vanax. Just the other day I was shopping around looking at other brands that have offerings in Vanax. It’s not many and I prefer to stick with Spyderco. So please make anything in Vanax happen!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

while we're waiting, I believe the Caribbean line recently received some CQI to make it even more corrosion resistant.

Maybe ya'll can nab a leaf Caribbean? it has rustproof liners and it is REMARKABLY affordable.....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JasonBeatty

Post by JasonBeatty »

I would love a Vanax PM2, and I know many others who would as well. I understand that it is expensive, and that the material is difficult to get until COVID relaxes, but I remain hopeful that it can happen. I would not be afraid of a $350+ price tag if it meant Titanium + Vanax.

Think of the saltwater crew: this steel would be a game changer for the SALT series since the edge retention is so good. It would make a heck of a fillet knife as well.
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

JasonBeatty wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 pm
I would love a Vanax PM2, and I know many others who would as well. I understand that it is expensive, and that the material is difficult to get until COVID relaxes, but I remain hopeful that it can happen. I would not be afraid of a $350+ price tag if it meant Titanium + Vanax.

Think of the saltwater crew: this steel would be a game changer for the SALT series since the edge retention is so good. It would make a heck of a fillet knife as well.
Well stated kind sir. Spyderco is definitely the company to make this happen.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

There a several custom makers that use Vanax and Spyderco is reasonable on licensing the round hole to custom makers from what I have read. So, the real solution is to find a maker who is willing to make exactly what you want in the steel you want.
I cannot see how it would help Spyderco to invest time and resources into a venture that will have very few customers. Even if a miracle occurs and Spyderco green lights this, it would still be 1, 2, or more years out before they hit the market. None of this is push button instant gratification. :spyder:
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:22 pm
There a several custom makers that use Vanax and Spyderco is reasonable on licensing the round hole to custom makers from what I have read. So, the real solution is to find a maker who is willing to make exactly what you want in the steel you want.
I cannot see how it would help Spyderco to invest time and resources into a venture that will have very few customers. Even if a miracle occurs and Spyderco green lights this, it would still be 1, 2, or more years out before they hit the market. None of this is push button instant gratification. :spyder:
That is true. My whole point in this campaign is to show them truly how many people are interested. There are many. It will be epic if it can happen.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

From what I can surmise, a few people willing to pay $300+ for a knife does not outweigh the production, shipping, and marketing costs of Spyderco. Even for a sprint run or dealer exclusive. In fact if we're talking about sprint, flash, or dealer, it might even be less profitable for Spyderco since these batches usually are in the 1000-2000 range.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Well I've about read enough. Actually I wasted too much time reading 3 pages of this parade. Here is my two cents worth:

1. I unfollowed you on IG because the negative vibes and comments toward other manufacturers was horrid.
2. If Sal said it wasn't going to happen then leave it at the door you tried to open.
3. There could be a reason why people are "hating" as you call it.
4. Yes you had probably a good part to do with the Scorpion models from REC, so leave your accomplishments there and move on.

I usually don't get political or voice opinion but as it had been stated by others trolling and using a negative or sarcastic initiative doesn't get you far here.
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
Timechaser

Post by Timechaser »

I’d pick one up. Just wonder why Quietcarry can do it (and very well btw)? They/he can’t possibly have the buying power of Spyderco. No disrespect intended to either party. I wouldn’t be against Vanax in another Spyderco folder either like the Gayle Bradley. Hello btw first post.
mikld

Post by mikld »

Vanax pm2 would be awesome.
It’s the next logical step in the evolution of super stainless.
I’d jump on board with the mules too when they’re available.
Looking forward to see how this progresses:)
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

nerdlock wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:43 pm
From what I can surmise, a few people willing to pay $300+ for a knife does not outweigh the production, shipping, and marketing costs of Spyderco. Even for a sprint run or dealer exclusive. In fact if we're talking about sprint, flash, or dealer, it might even be less profitable for Spyderco since these batches usually are in the 1000-2000 range.
You’re underestimating the interest. They could easily do 1000. They did a very expensive 154/s90v Pm2 at 300 pieces. Vanax costs a lot up front. They would be easier than Maxamet to make
MaxFactor

Post by MaxFactor »

nerdlock wrote:
From what I can surmise, a few people willing to pay $300+ for a knife does not outweigh the production, shipping, and marketing costs of Spyderco.
If it were any other manufacturer I would agree but this is Spyderco. The company currently making the Pochi. The company that made the Dodo, the Szabo, the Navaja, the Tighe Stick. Clearly I could go on. My point is, these are some freakin abnormal knives. If they can dedicate the R&D, materials, and resources to making those I don't see why a titanium Vanax PM2 is such a long shot.

Obviously this thread is getting more controversial (who knows how long it'll last) but I don't see why anyone wouldn't support a titanium Vanax PM2. If Spyderco can take risks making niche knives like the aforementioned ones then they should be able to make a niche variation of one of their most popular models.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

MaxFactor wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:58 pm
nerdlock wrote:
From what I can surmise, a few people willing to pay $300+ for a knife does not outweigh the production, shipping, and marketing costs of Spyderco.
If it were any other manufacturer I would agree but this is Spyderco. The company currently making the Pochi. The company that made the Dodo, the Szabo, the Navaja, the Tighe Stick. Clearly I could go on. My point is, these are some freakin abnormal knives. If they can dedicate the R&D, materials, and resources to making those I don't see why a titanium Vanax PM2 is such a long shot.
Good point, MaxFactor. This is exactly the sort of thing Spyderco does, and we love them for it.
While it may not be possible right now, I have little doubt that we will see Vanax from Spyderco in the future.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 pm
Well I've about read enough. Actually I wasted too much time reading 3 pages of this parade. Here is my two cents worth:

1. I unfollowed you on IG because the negative vibes and comments toward other manufacturers was horrid.
2. If Sal said it wasn't going to happen then leave it at the door you tried to open.
3. There could be a reason why people are "hating" as you call it.
4. Yes you had probably a good part to do with the Scorpion models from REC, so leave your accomplishments there and move on.

I usually don't get political or voice opinion but as it had been stated by others trolling and using a negative or sarcastic initiative doesn't get you far here.
I think you don’t understand me and that’s fine. Negative vibes is subjective. Sarcasm is comedy. What I heard from sal is that he uses Vanax on the daily. Likes it. That says a lot to me. Wouldn’t you want a steel sal chooses to use every day? I think I’ve hit on an epic option and there will be many very happy when it does happen. This constant flow of new is what gives spyderco so much clout and adds a ton to the bottom line. I think they’re hearing us more than you think.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

MaxFactor wrote:
nerdlock wrote:

Exactly. If Spyderco wanted to do Vanax, I'd rather they do it on an original production design like those that you have mentioned than rehash it into another PM2 sprint/exclusive. Thing about those PM2 dealer exclusives is that it doesn't reach out the whole Spyderco fanbase, only those few who have the time, money, social media rep and dealer connections to score on a drop and say "tough luck" to the majority who obviously do not have all the time in the world to wait on a drop.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

nerdlock wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 pm
MaxFactor wrote:
nerdlock wrote:

Exactly. If Spyderco wanted to do Vanax, I'd rather they do it on an original production design like those that you have mentioned than rehash it into another PM2 sprint/exclusive. Thing about those PM2 dealer exclusives is that it doesn't reach out the whole Spyderco fanbase, only those few who have the time, money, social media rep and dealer connections to score on a drop and say "tough luck" to the majority who obviously do not have all the time in the world to wait on a drop.
I’ve said a few times I’ve wanted this to be regular production. They can get a run out to gauge the market then go from there. Do what they did with Maxamet. No one ever dreamed we would have a Maxamet. A new model is very risky. I really want this to be the first USA made Vanax folder. It’s in reach.
vernonremington

Post by vernonremington »

Cmon dude. For those that don’t know, pm2og likes to buy up and overcharge on sprint runs. He must need some cash.

Guy is a clown as seen by this thread.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

vernonremington wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 pm
Cmon dude. For those that don’t know, pm2og likes to buy up and overcharge on sprint runs. He must need some cash.

True true. The thing is that you'll get a reply from this about how it's justified.
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

vernonremington wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Because there are a handful of guys like you who have no idea what you’re talking about I will clear the air once here. 99% of knives I sold were whole collections guys wanted to unload, most of the time they contacted me. I Would buy whole collections and list at current going rate. Most were not new releases. I did buy a few individual knives and never bought more than my limit or used a second account to buy more or had someone buy more for me. It was fun and enjoyable as a hobby, the hunt. Because I paid high secondary prices for most of those collections I did not make a lot but it allowed me to play with and test a lot of knives. Nowadays I am to busy at work to do those things and just have my ig for fun. This won’t help my case with your hand full of buddies who just hate and bully but I figured it was important to clear this up one time.