Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pm2og

Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Post by pm2og »

I think we need a Vanax PM2. If you follow me on instagram you are well aware of my campaign to get this done. I know Sal is here and Spyderco doesn't interact on IG. I would love to see this happen.

We are hoping for a full true stainless PM2 with Vanax Steel.

Titanium Scales (like the copper PM2 but with titanium and more machined cuts to reduce weight).
Titanium Lock Bar for the compression lock.
Titanium Hardware (could be coated where titanium isn't a good idea).
Shipped Tip Up (ok now the demands are crazy but I had to try).

This will be my shark stabbing knife. I really need a good one.
TazKristi

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, pm2og:
Welcome to our forum. We do interact on IG, but we typically interact more with those who are respectful. You'll find that disparaging remarks directed at our crew don't usually garner our attention.

There is a wealth of information here on our forum, and we are fortunate to have an incredible community. And yes, Sal is here regularly. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

And an MSRP of $600...

I would love to see Spyderco start using Vanax, though. Sal intimated that a Mule would probably come before any other models.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

From Sal himself on another thread:
sal wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Vanax is about 4 times more expensive than S90V and we seem to be having a problem getting a sample to test, besides the high price.

sal
I'm going to say it is highly unlikely to happen. There is no way I would buy one, sorry.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

No more PM2s, please. I'm all for Vanax. But, I'm over the PM2. There are enough variants to arm half the country. :D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I'm in!
•• Beau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

No idea what Vanax is, but at that price...I'm out! I don't think any steel that expensive can really be THAT MUCH BETTER than something like 4V or Rex45. Something that extreme, what the heck would you use it for!?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I've seen far too much disrespect from you on Instagram towards Spyderco.

Hopefully your contributions here on the forum will be different.
-Nick :bug-red
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:05 pm
Hi, pm2og:
Welcome to our forum. We do interact on IG, but we typically interact more with those who are respectful. You'll find that disparaging remarks directed at our crew don't usually garner our attention.

There is a wealth of information here on our forum, and we are fortunate to have an incredible community. And yes, Sal is here regularly. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
I would have love to have heard from you before this post. I have been campaigning for PM2s on IG for over 2 years. I dont know if you saw any of the hundreds of 10V posts? I am obviously a fan. Would love to have a conversation. I am actually really easy to talk to. My posts get attention. I admit Im a bit attention seeking some call it being a troll. Its my flaw. Love you. -Josh (thats my real name)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I cannot follow you on Instagram because you blocked me. I assume it was for calling you out on some of your shenanigans.

How much do you plan on flipping a Vanax Para2 for?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm
I've seen far too much disrespect from you on Instagram towards Spyderco.

Hopefully your contributions here on the forum will be different.
Disrespect is relative. I have literally sold thousands of knives for spyderco by testing and promotion. I have much respect. Im also very deliberate and honest in the way i talk and interact. I have hate thrown at me every day. I deal. Its the way of communication in the new age. The older people get the less they understand it. Its evolution of communication.
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:38 pm
I cannot follow you on Instagram because you blocked me. I assume it was for calling you out on some of your shenanigans.

How much do you plan on flipping a Vanax Para2 for?
I dont sell knives unless I buy something I dont use then decide to sell. I used to but no longer have time. You are trying to shame me because you feel entitled and just want someone to bully. Your comment is proof that I probably made the right choice in blocking.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

👀
His Instagram is cringe
Last edited by SG89 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Josh,

Welcome to our forum.

We have no plans at this time to use Vanax. We may in the future, but it would probably be a Mule Team to see reaction to the materials. I have a Vanax Mule Team (proto) in my kitchen that I use regularly. I'm familiar with the material.

sal
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm
And an MSRP of $600...

I would love to see Spyderco start using Vanax, though. Sal intimated that a Mule would probably come before any other models.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
I know they usually run the mule first. Lets get that going. It sounds like from his other posts (ive actually been on here for a long time under an old name) he is having trouble getting a sample. I wonder if there is a production issue due to covid. Nothing moves fast but I think this is the future so we shall see.
Dyrestraiz

Post by Dyrestraiz »

Although a VANAX PM2 would be interesting, maybe the other side of the spectrum can be addressed first. Perhaps a budget version of the PM2 similar to the Para 3 LW?
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm
Hi Josh,

Welcome to our forum.

We have no plans at this time to use Vanax. We may in the future, but it would probably be a Mule Team to see reaction to the materials. I have a Vanax Mule Team (proto) in my kitchen that I use regularly. I'm familiar with the material.

sal
Hey Sal,

Thank you for the response. I also had a knife from Shannon Steel Labs that I tested extensively and then my wife used in the kitchen for about 6 months then I let someone else take it from there. I see Chinese companies and Russian companies using it and I realize its expensive but in this format would be extremely popular. I was on a Search and Dive Rescue team for several years and can see the benefits of a tough steel that is fully stainless. I would love to see a PM2 or 3LW in LC200N as a stepping stone to Vanax. From your testing on the Proto Vanax what are your impressions? Obviously a fan of your work -Josh
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Man, am I oldschool... never ever been on Instagram (nor on Facebook, Twitter...for that matter) and this forum is the only one I am active on.
So I have no idea what is/was going on Instagram and can just say 'welcome to the forum'.
Will have to look up what Vanax is like. No idea either tbh... :o
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
👀
His Instagram is cringe
Im sorry you feel that way. Its just me.
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm
Man, am I oldschool... never ever been on Instagram (nor on Facebook, Twitter...for that matter) and this forum is the only one I am active on.
So I have no idea what is/was going on Instagram and can just say 'welcome to the forum'.
Will have to look up what Vanax is like. No idea either tbh... :o
Old School is a good school. Thank you for the warm welcome. Vanax is amazing. It is a nitrogen steel that is truly stainless with similar edge retention as Elmax and the toughness of s35vn. really amazing.