NEW: MGE Wholesale Teal Native5 Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
laker_cj

NEW: MGE Wholesale Teal Native5 Exclusive

Post by laker_cj »

Should be hitting dealers within the next week to week and half.

Native 5; Teal FRN scales with S90V blade steel in satin finish with satin hardware.
Attachments
C41PTBL5.jpg
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
Dazen

Re: NEW: MGE Wholesale Teal Native5 Exclusive

Post by Dazen »

Love the S90V, just not the color! I’m curious what the premium for the steel will be.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Dazen wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:17 am
Love the S90V, just not the color! I’m curious what the premium for the steel will be.
MSRP: $175
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
SG89

Post by SG89 »

😍
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Dang, I was hoping you'd stay in Seki laker_cj! :D I've been carrying my Endura more than any other knife since I got it earlier this year. I was hoping to see an Endela, Police LW, Jester, maybe a Delica Wharnie, Straight Spine Stretch, Spyderhawk SE, Lil Matriarch SE, etc.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Well dang. I like the g10 native better, but I don't think I can resist the teal/s90v combo.

Is it really $175 msrp?? So only $122.50 map?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I don't want it, but I also really do...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am not a Native 5 fan, though it is a good knife. However, this should appeal to a lot of people. I predict these will not last long. they will sell out fast.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 am
I am not a Native 5 fan, though it is a good knife. However, this should appeal to a lot of people. I predict these will not last long. they will sell out fast.
I'm thinking the opposite! I think they will sit for a while. The Rex45 LW sat around quite a while, and that was supposed to be an instant sellout. This one has S90V, that for some reason a lot of people don't seem to care for, or at least jump all over when knives in that steel are released. Also that color, granted a few of the others dropped in this similar color have sold well. The package as whole seems like it has potential to sit a little bit...though I could be wrong!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I'm thinking the opposite! I think they will sit for a while. The Rex45 LW sat around quite a while, and that was supposed to be an instant sellout. This one has S90V, that for some reason a lot of people don't seem to care for, or at least jump all over when knives in that steel are released. Also that color, granted a few of the others dropped in this similar color have sold well. The package as whole seems like it has potential to sit a little bit...though I could be wrong!
You could be right, but I am not so sure. A lot of people love S90V. If it had been S110V it would sit forever. S90V has a loyal following. The color, I think, will be the big selling point, not the steel. All of the others have sold well, even the Endura (though I think I saw it in stock in one place a couple of days ago). The color is bright and easy to see if dropped and that is why I like it. It is not really teal. It is aqua of some shade.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 am
Dang, I was hoping you'd stay in Seki laker_cj! :D I've been carrying my Endura more than any other knife since I got it earlier this year. I was hoping to see an Endela, Police LW, Jester, maybe a Delica Wharnie, Straight Spine Stretch, Spyderhawk SE, Lil Matriarch SE, etc.
:-)
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

We sold out of them within an hour. ~1000 piece run.

Pending on our shipping schedule (we're working 6 days a week to try to keep up); dealers should start seeing them in their within a week and preorders through them should start popping up by end of day/tomorrow is my guess.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I like S90V but there have already been quite a few Native5s ran in it.

I think the EDC and Instagram crowd will gobble this one up. They seem to like innocuous colors.

I will probably buy one. I like the knife, the steel and the color so it will be hard to pass.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The Rex45LW has to compete with its g10 counterpart. I personally picked up the G10 and passed on the LW.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am
The Rex45LW has to compete with its g10 counterpart. I personally picked up the G10 and passed on the LW.
Good point that is often overlooked
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

laker_cj wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
steelcity16 wrote:

I love my Seki knives, but I guess I wouldn't say no to a Teal/Aqua G10 Military in S90V or better yet Cruwear? Or even better, DLC Cruwear? :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:26 am
laker_cj wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

I love my Seki knives, but I guess I wouldn't say no to a Teal/Aqua G10 Military in S90V or better yet Cruwear? Or even better, DLC Cruwear? :D
That'd wreck the system - S30V - Seki; S90V - US.... I know it stinks, but patience... there's more in the pipeline.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

laker_cj wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:42 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:26 am
laker_cj wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

That'd wreck the system - S30V - Seki; S90V - US.... I know it stinks, but patience... there's more in the pipeline.

I hate waiting. :D A Teal/Turquoise/Aqua G10 Military in S90V works for me! ;) As long as it matches my shorts!!

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

S110v and S90v are super similar, right? Teal is a nice color for a socially acceptable knife
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Not real big on the color but I like my Native 5s and S90V. I may end up picking one of these up
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!