Regarding the titanium/damascus Endura 4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheGiant80

Regarding the titanium/damascus Endura 4

Post by TheGiant80 »

Despite my Military/Police 4/Manix 2 XL sized hands, the Endura 4 has quickly become my favorite Spyderco platform. It's the perfect balance between capability and pocketability as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering stepping up to the most ballin' E4 out there; the titanium-scaled and damascus-clad VG10 edition, but had two questions beforehand..

- Can anyone on this forum who owns or has owned the knife speak about it? Things you loved. Things you didn't. Reviews seem to be very hard to come by for this blade.

- Is the internal architecture the same as the standard FRN E4? Damascus is fine, but I might like to blade swap with the K390 edition when it finally drops.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Regarding the titanium/damascus Endura 4

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

To me, the titanium versions of the Delica and Endura are absolutely the best variants, whatever blade may be sitting in their frames. They are incredibly slim and light yet incredibly sturdy feeling, and of course have no nested SS liners. They are not nearly as “grippy” compared to the FRN or G10 versions, but they’re not intended for hard use anyway - they are very gentlemanly.

As for blade swaps, you should have no problem swapping other blades with different steels in, all of those dimensions are standard across the lines (make sure you also swap the mated lockbar). Here’s my Ti Delica frame with a Lil’ Matriarch blade in it, which to me is the coolest version I’ve made of it. The frame has sported several blade steels and shapes in it (standard and Damascus, wharnie, Lil’ Mat...). I’ve also so far swapped nearly every K390 blade into nicer scale setups, it’s really an amazing steel and they’ve ground them so slicey thin with fantastic factory edges. There must be a new sheriff in Seki these days! Cheers, Radioactive

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
TheGiant80

Re: Regarding the titanium/damascus Endura 4

Post by TheGiant80 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:08 pm
To me, the titanium versions of the Delica and Endura are absolutely the best variants, whatever blade may be sitting in their frames. They are incredibly slim and light yet incredibly sturdy feeling, and of course have no nested SS liners. They are not nearly as “grippy” compared to the FRN or G10 versions, but they’re not intended for hard use anyway - they are very gentlemanly.

As for blade swaps, you should have no problem swapping other blades with different steels in, all of those dimensions are standard across the lines (make sure you also swap the mated lockbar). Here’s my Ti Delica frame with a Lil’ Matriarch blade in it, which to me is the coolest version I’ve made of it. The frame has sported several blade steels and shapes in it (standard and Damascus, wharnie, Lil’ Mat...). I’ve also so far swapped nearly every K390 blade into nicer scale setups, it’s really an amazing steel and they’ve ground them so slicey thin with fantastic factory edges. There must be a new sheriff in Seki these days! Cheers, Radioactive

Extremely helpful. Thank you very much for the reply!