NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:00 am

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:57 pm
I'm definitely surprised to see the Raiders win that game. With that game ending I went 13/15 with game picks this week! Almost makes me wish I into gambling... :rolleyes:
Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:54 pm
My picks for this week -

Bears over Giants
Rams over Eagles
Cowboys over Falcons
Buccaneers over Panthers
49ers over Jets
Steelers over Broncos
Titans over Jaguars
Packers over Lions
Bills over Dolphins
Colts over Vikings
Cardinals over The football team
Ravens over Texans
Chiefs over Chargers

Patriots over Seahawks
Saints over Raiders
Awesome picks!

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5080
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby TkoK83Spy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 am

Shocking game. Never would have believed it if I didn't see it. Saints just kept shooting themselves in the foot, and Brees was really missing his favorite target Thomas. But I'm not taking anything away from the Raiders win, that was good to see for a change. A nice butt whooping upset!
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 am

I am just so impressed that nkt only the Raiders chose to stay with natural grass, but also at the quality of the field last night. That field was Super Bowl quality.
Not gonna see that nice of grass in Pittsburgh or Chicago, KC, heck anywhere.
Super nice all-round. Love that Allegiant Stadium
* I'm weird about my fields..love natural grass*

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:52 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 am
Shocking game. Never would have believed it if I didn't see it. Saints just kept shooting themselves in the foot, and Brees was really missing his favorite target Thomas. But I'm not taking anything away from the Raiders win, that was good to see for a change. A nice butt whooping upset!
I agree Rick.
Nothing wrong with a good ole butt whipping
It'll do both of em some good, lol

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19534
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:06 am

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 am
I am just so impressed that nkt only the Raiders chose to stay with natural grass, but also at the quality of the field last night. That field was Super Bowl quality.
Not gonna see that nice of grass in Pittsburgh or Chicago, KC, heck anywhere.
Super nice all-round. Love that Allegiant Stadium
* I'm weird about my fields..love natural grass*
I beg to differ with you on that one. We had one of the most legendary grounds keepers in all of sports named George Toma who ended up being a consultant for every other stadium in the USA. The Royals and the Chief's stadiums both have won all kinds of awards for their superb turf management. I think you need to do a search on George Toma and read a little of his history here in KC and then let me know what you think?

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:12 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:06 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 am
I am just so impressed that nkt only the Raiders chose to stay with natural grass, but also at the quality of the field last night. That field was Super Bowl quality.
Not gonna see that nice of grass in Pittsburgh or Chicago, KC, heck anywhere.
Super nice all-round. Love that Allegiant Stadium
* I'm weird about my fields..love natural grass*
I beg to differ with you on that one. We had one of the most legendary grounds keepers in all of sports named George Toma who ended up being a consultant for every other stadium in the USA. The Royals and the Chief's stadiums both have won all kinds of awards for their superb turf management. I think you need to do a search on George Toma and read a little of his history here in KC and then let me know what you think?
JD,
That field last night was just better.
I have eyes.
And, you gotta understand JD, that was a huge deal for the Raiders. They spared no expense on that grass last night. It was Super Bowl quality.
I'm sure the Chiefs could match it, if they wanted to. But, prolly not for a regular season game man.
I'm not talkin about history, lol.
It was so good, it was hard to tell whether it was natural or artificial.
I prolly shouldve clarified, for a regular season game.
But, this was the Raiders 1st ever game in Vegas, and they made it special
Last edited by MacLaren on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am

Both the Cardinals and Raiders have grass fields that are on giant trays that roll into the stadium on game day, otherwise they are parked outside. Really neat concept.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am
Both the Cardinals and Raiders have grass fields that are on giant trays that roll into the stadium on game day, otherwise they are parked outside. Really neat concept.
Absolutely. Both just immaculate!!

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 am

one other thing, Kansas City, just like Pittsburgh and Chicago all will start to look bad as the fall goes on
Its just natural. Vegas and Arizona have it figured out with what they have lol....

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19534
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 am

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:12 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:06 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:48 am
I am just so impressed that nkt only the Raiders chose to stay with natural grass, but also at the quality of the field last night. That field was Super Bowl quality.
Not gonna see that nice of grass in Pittsburgh or Chicago, KC, heck anywhere.
Super nice all-round. Love that Allegiant Stadium
* I'm weird about my fields..love natural grass*
I beg to differ with you on that one. We had one of the most legendary grounds keepers in all of sports named George Toma who ended up being a consultant for every other stadium in the USA. The Royals and the Chief's stadiums both have won all kinds of awards for their superb turf management. I think you need to do a search on George Toma and read a little of his history here in KC and then let me know what you think?
JD,
That field last night was just better.
I have eyes.
And, you gotta understand JD, that was a huge deal for the Raiders. They spared no expense on that grass last night. It was Super Bowl quality.
I'm sure the Chiefs could match it, if they wanted to. But, prolly not for a regular season game man.
I'm not talkin about history, lol.
My whole point is this>> Most of all of these stadium groundskeepers ultimately learned their stuff from George Toma. His work with Kauffman ( Royals) Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium are legendary and he started all the way back in the mid 70s.
It wasn't long before he became a major consultant throughout the entire sports world. He even has international acclaim. There have been lots of seed and fertilizer companies that have used George Toma's name to market their products over the years.

I'm not disagreeing that the turf on the Raiders stadium looked pretty >> it certainly did >> but I'd be willing to bet something significant that they got a lot of their knowledge from methods and consulting from George Toma. He started with Royals Stadium all the way back in the 70s and it wasn't very long at all before his turf work was considered legendary throughout the entire MLB and NFL. If you do a little research on his name and his accomplishments I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also George Toma was a Turf Man for many Superbowls throughout the years. But if you want to disagree with me that's OK. But I could take that case to court and win.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 am

Lol, Ill see YOU in COURT, MR KANSAS CITY LOVIN JD SPYDO!!!! :p
Just kiddin!!
I hear ya man. Totally understand.
The Chiefs go waaaay back. I'm sure they have led the way in more things than turf management as well.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19534
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 am
Lol, Ill see YOU in COURT, MR KANSAS CITY LOVIN JD SPYDO!!!!
Just kiddin!!
I hear ya man. Totally understand.
The Chiefs go waaaay back. I'm sure they have led the way in more things than turf management as well.
There is an excellent Youtube video entitled "The Greatest Groundskeeper In The History Of Sports, George Toma" and it was produced by "NFL Media Originals". I just watched a little of it and I can tell you that you'll like it.

And his gig started right here in good ol' KC. I also just discovered that he has done groundskeeping in most of the modern day Superbowls. I didn't even know he did that many of them. But I can also assure you that the grounds at ARROWHEAD stadium are a subject of envy as well. I won't argue that the Raiders might have spent the equivalent of Fort Knox to out-do everyone. But I know for a fact that all current grounds keepers consider George Toma truly the Godfather of Turf>> and most present day grounds keepers learned their trade from him>> and it started right here in Kansas City, MO :D

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am

Speaking of worst fields... Did y'all hear about metlife stadium having bad turf that injured a few 49ers last week? The 49ers have to play there again this week and they are scared bc of the turf... (played jets last week will play giants this week)

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19534
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 am
Lol, Ill see YOU in COURT, MR KANSAS CITY LOVIN JD SPYDO!!!!
Just kiddin!!
I hear ya man. Totally understand.
The Chiefs go waaaay back. I'm sure they have led the way in more things than turf management as well.
There is an excellent Youtube video entitled "The Greatest Groundskeeper In The History Of Sports, George Toma" and it was produced by "NFL Media Originals". I just watched a little of it and I can tell you that you'll like it.

And his gig started right here in good ol' KC. I also just discovered that he has done groundskeeping in most of the modern day Superbowls. I didn't even know he did that many of them. But I can also assure you that the grounds at ARROWHEAD stadium are a subject of envy as well. I won't argue that the Raiders might have spent the equivalent of Fort Knox to out-do everyone. But I know for a fact that all current grounds keepers consider George Toma truly the Godfather of Turf>> and most present day grounds keepers learned their trade from him>> and it started right here in Kansas City, MO :D

Whoops!! I think I hear them calling the court dockett :rolleyes: Gotta go :D

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 19534
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am
Speaking of worst fields... Did y'all hear about metlife stadium having bad turf that injured a few 49ers last week? The 49ers have to play there again this week and they are scared bc of the turf... (played jets last week will play giants this week)
This is all interesting for a lot of reasons. Back in 1990 watching the Larry King Show on CNN he had Walter Payton ( my personal all time fav) as a guest. During that interview Walter said he would have played for at least another 3 to 4 years for the Chicago Bears if it weren't for all the stadiums with artificial turf. He went on to say that artificial turf ended or shortened the careers of a lot of NFL superstars that he personally knew about. And I remember that interview like it happened a month ago.

And Payton had quite a career even quitting 3 years earlier than he wanted.

And Spydergirl is bringing out something to take a serious look at. This year already there have been a huge, disproportionate amount of ACL tears this year already. NY Giant's star back Barkley is out for the year and I've heard that Bosa of the 49ers may be out for the year as well. This turf issue is interesting to say the least.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am
Speaking of worst fields... Did y'all hear about metlife stadium having bad turf that injured a few 49ers last week? The 49ers have to play there again this week and they are scared bc of the turf... (played jets last week will play giants this week)
Yup.
Serious business for sure.
I don't blame the Niners one bit either.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:27 am

Dang......now we gotta wait till Thursday :D
Darn 1st world problems :p

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:11 am

Sad day gang.
Gayle Sayers passed away today. He was 77.
R.I.P. #40

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 am

Well, on a lighter note......
Image

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7012
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Postby MacLaren » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 am

In honor of that very frat house that produced the magnificent Gardner Minshew, Im gonna take the Jags over the fins tonight


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jdw and 12 guests