DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mtb2104

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by mtb2104 »

they came! :D :D

jacala

Post by jacala »

Grumble,Grumble !!
If I'm lucky, I'll have mine 2 weeks from now.Er, maybe 3 weeks ?
mtb2104

Post by mtb2104 »

jacala wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:13 am
Grumble,Grumble !!
If I'm lucky, I'll have mine 2 weeks from now.Er, maybe 3 weeks ?
Did you go for Fedex?
I didn't want to wait, so went for the Express... :rolleyes:
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I ordered fre USPS. received safe and sound yesterday.
Nice knives! Thanks DLT!
Now, please make an Endura or Mille!
jdw

Post by jdw »

My tracking showed acceptance pending with USPS until it showed up today. It's a nice version of the Delica though.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Mine was supposed to arrive today via USPS. Now it shows "arriving late". Hopefully Monday.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
K-bar1999

Post by K-bar1999 »

Here another can express how they feel about my post but I can’t do u guys work with DLT and protect them if against any negative post that’s sad
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

K-bar1999 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:57 pm
Here another can express how they feel about my post but I can’t do u guys work with DLT and protect them if against any negative post that’s sad
I am sorry you apparently had a negative experience, but my experiences with DLT have been exceptional and so have others. It is fair (not sad) that you expressed your opinion so we expressed ours.

I hope your experiences acquiring the knives you want improve. A hobby is supposed to make you happy!
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

K-bar1999 wrote:

No we don't work with DLT...unless they allow remote work for an guy who lives thousands of kilometers across the Globe from DLT headquarters lol. But like most folks here, despite being overseas, I've had nothing but good experiences ordering from the company.

We' d love to hear your thoughts on why do you say that they're bad. It will probably help improve their business if you can point out what they did wrong. :)
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
jacala

Post by jacala »

I've bought 13 Spyderco knives from DLT and am very happy with them and I think their service(including shipping) is great.
I forgot: a tee shirt also.
Their rewards system is another draw for me.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

K-bar1999 wrote:
K-bar1999,
That's not true, I addressed that post and it has been edited. I think the challenge is that you've said your peace. If your intent is to always post negatively about a specific dealer, without giving any details... it becomes "beating a dead horse." You are welcome to your opinion, but so are others. Our goal on the forum is productive discussions. We welcome them all, good, bad, or otherwise. We have a fantastic community with a wealth of information for everyone to share. At the end of the day, this forum is about Spyderco. With that in mind, I'd love to hear about your experiences with our products.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

K-bar1999 wrote:
Previously you posted...

"I would never buy from them DLT again period"

With no other explanation or details.

So naturally others, myself included, posted that we've had nothing but good experiences. Why is that sad? Because our experience wasn't like yours? Do you think we weren't being truthful? Why would our positive responses make you think we work for DLT? Based on your post should we think you work a dealer that competes with DLT?

This is a thread about a knife we're excited about. What did you expect to happen when you decided to post your mysterious remark about the dealer here? Did you expect us to boycott buying the knife from a dealer with a otherwise good reputation?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

My unit arrived today ... a beauty as I had anticipated. Going to stick with the one unit and not follow thru with a second purchase. Practicing discipline!!! :D (A Nightstick, Manix LW Rex, this knife, a K390 and two 204P Delicas in a three week period :eek: :o ).

DLT is a preferred dealer of mine for a few years, however, due to market I tend to purchase knives from other dealers. (This is because DLT is so dang popular with so many dang people, that the dang knives are almost always sold out by the time I arrive to purchase ... so I have to look elsewhere. Dang!)

Don't think its been mentioned, but I find it kinda' cool and fun that the knife came with its own dedicated sticker. Have we seen this before???

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 pm
Don't think its been mentioned, but I find it kinda' cool and fun that the knife came with its own dedicated sticker. Have we seen this before???

CG

Yep they do

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mine came yesterday as well, so that was a nice surprise in the mailbox after not being sure when to expect with the tracking issues from USPS. My wife got the mail when we came home from lunch and said "I think you got the knife you won from the calendar contest!" Yes babe, that's the one hahah! :rolleyes: :)

I don't normally find the Delica to be a "cool" knife, but this one does look cool! The color combo with the frn looks fantastic. I've seen some YouTube videos and the pics from DLT and it was hard to get a true idea of the color because those seemed to vary a bit. Very happy with the color!

Mine looks like it's ground a little bit higher than most of the other models I have, nothing wrong with that though. It's even and looks good. I like how the lettering on the blade also has a gold looking hue to it, that seems different. I only have a couple that have that. I'm excited to put this to use at work, likely this week. I'm interested in how the coating holds up compared to DLC. Another reason I grabbed this knife, first experience with TiCN.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Awesome combo. Praying they make one in the endela size....that would be epic
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 am
I'm interested in how the coating holds up compared to DLC. Another reason I grabbed this knife, first experience with TiCN.
Please post your experience as it goes, I'm curious how it ages on these too.
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying them, I am personally super pleased with these, Spyderco did an excellent job on this project. As weird as it might sound, the Delica is honestly an underrated knife, it disappears in your pocket and is absolute scalpel when cutting.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience, K-bar1999, please consider emailing me at jordan@dlttrading.com to see if we can help resolve the issue.

Glad you guys like the stickers, we feel these special knives deserve some extra goodies, and do a specific sticker for each run.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DLTJordan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 am
I'm interested in how the coating holds up compared to DLC. Another reason I grabbed this knife, first experience with TiCN.
Please post your experience as it goes, I'm curious how it ages on these too.
I certainly will, I think a lot of people are curious about it. Thankfully my job allows me to give it a workout! I'll be carrying it all this week.

Keep one in stock for me, just in case the finish ends up getting thrashed ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I’ve used both DLC and TiCN-coated blades quite a bit and my experience is DLC is a far tougher coating. TiCN both scratches and “stains” a lot easier, where the coating gets “cloudy” looking. With DLC, you can usually clean that cloud off with some soap/water or cleaner, but I’ve had no luck like that with TiCN. My experience, yours may vary. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King