pink ladybug?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tinneranne2

pink ladybug?

Post by tinneranne2 »

Cutlery Shoppe previously had a pink Ladybug FFG... but they're no longer available. I see that there is a pink delica upcoming, but my heart is set on the ladybug. I could be persuaded to get the manbug instead, but finding that in pink seems unlikely :p

Is a pink ladybug currently available anywhere?
Drahkis

Re: pink ladybug?

Post by Drahkis »

not readily, but there is a pink Jester on ebay right now with a Buy It Now price that is not completely unreasonable
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm hopeful that the black and pink s30v delica in the latest reveal won't be alone. I'd love a matching dragonfly, SE ladybug or jester, and an endura! A SE hawkbill in any of those models would be soooo amazing, but I'd definitely be ok with that in the new ffg lc200n salts, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sal seems open to the concept of more pink knives out of Seki given they change up the steel(s) to not conflict with previous sprints/exclusives, so a pink S30V version should be very doable (if we keep bugging him for one ;) :)).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

One of my grail knives would be a Tropen in pink G10.
Tragically, I'm the only one who wants one so it'll never happen (sad face)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Thunderpants wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:41 pm
One of my grail knives would be a Tropen in pink G10.
Tragically, I'm the only one who wants one so it'll never happen (sad face)
I think that sounds pretty sweet, but you're right, there might not be a huge market. ;) Maybe someone like Cuscadi could make you pink scales for one?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tinneranne,

Welcome to our forum

I agree that we need a regular pink Ladybug in the line. I'll see what I can do.

FYI, a percentage of sales on any pink knife we make, whether for us or for an exclusive, goes to Cancer research.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My wife has the pink Ladybug on her keys and pink Native in her purse/bag. Realistically she probably uses her Ladybug more than I use my knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi Tinneranne,

Welcome to our forum

I agree that we need a regular pink Ladybug in the line. I'll see what I can do.

FYI, a percentage of sales on any pink knife we make, whether for us or for an exclusive, goes to Cancer research.

sal

TiCN and FFG? What about a GITD Pink FRN? I'll for sure buy a few in any format.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

I’m looking for more pinks too!!
tinneranne2

Post by tinneranne2 »

sal wrote:
Hi Tinneranne,

Welcome to our forum

sal
yayyyyyy. i've never carried a knife before, but absolutely fell in love with the ladybug after seeing some reviews on youtube - i'll keep my eyes peeled for a pink one to pop up in the future! thanks :)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:26 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Tinneranne,

Welcome to our forum

sal

TiCN and FFG? What about a GITD Pink FRN? I'll for sure buy a few in any format.

I'm passing on the Saber Ground GITD Ladybug exclusive in hopes that we will see a Pink GITD FFG TiCN S30V Ladybug! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Did I mention FFG? ;) I wonder why the current Ladybugs are still saber ground and not FFG? There was actually a Pink VG-10 FFG exclusive, so it appears it can be done? Hopefully these new Pink ones are also FFG. and Pink GITD. and TiCN S30V. :D
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Steelcity,

We prefer to leave the Ladybug saber ground because of the thin 2.0mm blade thickness. I made the Manbug thicker to more easily handle the full flat. I imagine it would be possible to make them full flat? We've not heard of any complaints on the Exclusive version.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:46 pm
Hi Steelcity,

We prefer to leave the Ladybug saber ground because of the thin 2.0mm blade thickness. I made the Manbug thicker to more easily handle the full flat. I imagine it would be possible to make them full flat? We've not heard of any complaints on the Exclusive version.

sal

I've used the FFG/ZDP Ladybug for years without any issues. Seems to me the knife is so small it would be pretty hard to do anything crazy enough to break the blade that wouldn't also break the pivot.
~David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal

I've used the FFG/ZDP Ladybug for years without any issues. Seems to me the knife is so small it would be pretty hard to do anything crazy enough to break the blade that wouldn't also break the pivot.

I was thinking the same thing. I would think the ZDP-189, Super Blue, and K390 FFG blades would have been riskier than VG-10 or S30V in the case of a new Pink version. If there were no issues with the FFG exclusive then I would vote for FFG on the upcoming Pink Ladybug as well, and possibly even offering a FFG version of the production VG-10 Ladybug?? Maybe blacked out FFG PE VG-10 for production? :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:11 pm
Evil D wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal

I was thinking the same thing. I would think the ZDP-189, Super Blue, and K390 FFG blades would have been riskier than VG-10 or S30V in the case of a new Pink version. If there were no issues with the FFG exclusive then I would vote for FFG on the upcoming Pink Ladybug as well, and possibly even offering a FFG version of the production VG-10 Ladybug?? Maybe blacked out FFG PE VG-10 for production? :D

Any other time I'd understand with a blade this thin but the ZDP version has been in production for at least close to a decade or more, I would think if there were major issues with blades breaking Spyderco would have changed the grind by now.
~David
tinneranne2

Post by tinneranne2 »

The GITD had my eye too, but if a Pink one is coming along I’m going to hold out for that. :)
SamHaLeKe

Post by SamHaLeKe »

Bump for a Pink Ladybug 3 CPM-S30V :D
Vamais

Post by Vamais »

Just make them white. Then you can dye it whatever color you want. Bigger market, more customization.
-AHAB