Watu - aftermarket scales?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3291
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:28 pm

TrifectCustomShop wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:22 pm
I really appreciate the positive feedback on my work. As a one man show these are the things that keep me going!

Much appreciation for you all,

Chris
Very nice looking work.

I sent you an email, about making a set for my wife.

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:21 am

sal wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am
Hi Chris, (Trifectcustomshop)

Welcome to or forum.

I got your email. Thanx much for the kind words. I couldn't find a direct email address so I thought to respond here. I did go onto your website and you've really got some beautiful stuff. We appreciate your efforts to make our models more eye appealing.

The inlays are are beautiful.

sal
Glad to hear the message was received! Thank you for the compliments :D I am still working on a professional email address linked to the website. But for now chrisbrom44@gmail.com will have to do. I am glad to be a part of the Spyderco community!

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:23 am

sal wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi Julia,

I'm sure Chris could inlay a python. Just to make it harder. :p

Hey Chris,

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. The only things that are really new are babies and tomorrow.

sal
Thank you! We are just over the moon about it.

By the looks of it, there is definitely enough real estate on the Python for an inlay!

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:29 am

[/quote]
Very nice looking work.

I sent you an email, about making a set for my wife.
[/quote]

Great! I just replied to it. Looking forward to designing something cool with you guys!

jclark80
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby jclark80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 am

Chris at Trifectcustom does great work and is super easy to deal with. Really happy with my Watu makeover. DLT cruwear Delica coming later this week!
Attachments
82E41F5B-6179-42F3-8F14-759EBF1F5292.jpeg
3A7D8C50-FECF-4576-9350-8ACE328C86BE.jpeg

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 14036
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby sal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am

Hi Jclark,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Chris,

How are you handling the scales. Can I send you my Watu and have you install new scales? or do you send the scales to the customer? I think I want a couple of Watu's with wooden scales, one to carry and one to show in the SFO store.

sal

prndltech
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby prndltech » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 am

sal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am
Hi Jclark,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Chris,

How are you handling the scales. Can I send you my Watu and have you install new scales? or do you send the scales to the customer? I think I want a couple of Watu's with wooden scales, one to carry and one to show in the SFO store.

sal

That’s just cool on all accounts.

looks like I may have to buy a Watu now after seeing these scales!
- Shannon

User avatar
bbturbodad
Member
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby bbturbodad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am

Chris did a great job on the scales he did for my Watu.

Image
-Turbo

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

sal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am
Hi Jclark,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Chris,

How are you handling the scales. Can I send you my Watu and have you install new scales? or do you send the scales to the customer? I think I want a couple of Watu's with wooden scales, one to carry and one to show in the SFO store.

sal
Hey Sal,

Sorry for the delay. I can do either but the most cost effective would be just to send out the scales to you and do the install yourself, but I am willing to perform the install no problem.

That would be awesome if you showed one at the SFO! I would be very appreciative of the exposure. I can send you an invoice for the two scales if you provide me an email address. You can DM me the email. What types of wood are you looking at getting?

Thanks again,

Chris
Trifect Custom

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am

prndltech wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 am
sal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am
Hi Jclark,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Chris,

How are you handling the scales. Can I send you my Watu and have you install new scales? or do you send the scales to the customer? I think I want a couple of Watu's with wooden scales, one to carry and one to show in the SFO store.

sal

That’s just cool on all accounts.

looks like I may have to buy a Watu now after seeing these scales!
It is way cool on all accounts! That made my day :)

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 am

bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am
Chris did a great job on the scales he did for my Watu.

Image
Looking great!
Last edited by TrifectCustomShop on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lumpy
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby Lumpy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 am

I’ve seen a few wooden aftermarket scales on Spydies and I have to admit, I never really cared for them, But WOW does that watu look good in those new pants! Great work here! The wood really complements this design excellently.

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5500
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am

Well, I am a carbon fiber fan...but these scales are AMAZING! I'm going to have to consider these once my Watu shows up! Holes or no holes is the question...
20 :spyder:'s in 13 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays

-Rick

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 14036
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby sal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

Hi Chris,

Pick 2 pair of the prettiest scale and send them to me. Send the invoice to; sglesser@spyderco.com

Send the scales to;

Spyderco
attn: sal glesser
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 8043

thanx,

sal

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am

Lumpy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 am
I’ve seen a few wooden aftermarket scales on Spydies and I have to admit, I never really cared for them, But WOW does that watu look good in those new pants! Great work here! The wood really complements this design excellently.
Thank you! I agree the new pants are where its at!

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am
Well, I am a carbon fiber fan...but these scales are AMAZING! I'm going to have to consider these once my Watu shows up! Holes or no holes is the question...
Yes, come over to the dark side hahahahaha

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

sal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am
Hi Chris,

Pick 2 pair of the prettiest scale and send them to me. Send the invoice to; sglesser@spyderco.com

Send the scales to;

Spyderco
attn: sal glesser
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 8043

thanx,

sal
Just sent it out. I'll get working on them right away. Thank you very much for the orders Sal!

User avatar
TrifectCustomShop
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TrifectCustomShop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm

TrifectCustomShop wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 am
bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am
Chris did a great job on the scales he did for my Watu.

Image
Looking great!

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 4750
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TomAiello » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm

These are up on the Trifect website now:

https://trifectcustom.shop/products/spy ... 5094806684

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5500
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Watu - aftermarket scales?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 am

TrifectCustomShop wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm
TrifectCustomShop wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 am
bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am
Chris did a great job on the scales he did for my Watu.

Image
Looking great!
Are these the Figured Koa scales?
20 :spyder:'s in 13 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays

-Rick


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: attila, Bing [Bot], Buddafucco, Evil D, KnOeFz, ladybug93, Wartstein and 27 guests