DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StuntZombie

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm a sucker for OD-ish green and black blades, so I jumped on this one. I've also never had a knife with Cru-Wear, so it should be interesting to see how it performs.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
JMM

Post by JMM »

I just got my shipping notification... Impressive, way to go DLT!
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

I got one too! This will be my first Cru-wear. At first I was tempted to hoard and get two but then I realized I really like variety and there are so many I still want to buy. So I will just exercise self-control and get just 1!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Blackpearl wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 am
I got one too! This will be my first Cru-wear. At first I was tempted to hoard and get two but then I realized I really like variety and there are so many I still want to buy. So I will just exercise self-control and get just 1!
Congrats! I think this was a good one to get. I have the grey Cruwear Delica sprint (and some other Cruwear models) and I really like it. I like OD green too. So this one was a no brainer for me

I've bought back ups (kind of by accident) of knives I really like. I usually keep them around for awhile until I realize, with all the different knives I have, I'll never wear out the first one. So I've ended up selling the extra ones just to purge some
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Big thanks to @DLTJordan for making this one happen! I now have my grail Delica. Please keep this combo coming in the Seki models so I can achieve my grail Endura (which is my overall grail knife BTW!), Dragonfly, Endela, Police LW, and Jester! Some Wharnie models like the Dfly Wharnie, Manbug Wharnie, Delica Whanie, and Endura Wharnie would be awesome as well! Maybe this would be a great first exclusive for the Rock Jumper and Straight Spine Stretch as well?? :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Just got out of my meeting and all gone!!!! :mad:

Ha .. Ha ... just kidding!! :D

Orders in.. Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :) ;) :) ;) :)

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:26 pm
Big thanks to @DLTJordan for making this one happen! I now have my grail Delica. Please keep this combo coming in the Seki models so I can achieve my grail Endura (which is my overall grail knife BTW!), Dragonfly, Endela, Police LW, and Jester! Some Wharnie models like the Dfly Wharnie, Manbug Wharnie, Delica Whanie, and Endura Wharnie would be awesome as well! Maybe this would be a great first exclusive for the Rock Jumper and Straight Spine Stretch as well?? :D
And while you're at it...convince spyderco to put some teeth on cruwear and do all the Seki SE hawkbills! ;) ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

cycleguy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:47 pm
Just got out of my meeting and all gone!!!! :mad:

Ha .. Ha ... just kidding!! :D

Orders in.. Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :) ;) :) ;) :)

CG

Glad you were able to get your order in! Awesome to see them order enough to meet the demand. I'm thinking they will take the 2 per household limit off in a few days. I'll probably grab a few more at that point. These are awesome!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I was just thinking about how I almost always regret impulse buys, but seeing as how the Delica is my favorite model, this might be one that sticks with me for the duration.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’m trying to resist. I even closed the browser window I’ve had open all afternoon. I love the steel/color combo, but I’m hoping they’ll run it in a Police and/or Endura. Even an Endela might get me to try that model for the first time, but as much as I like the Delica I generally opt for bigger models so I’m afraid it would just be a collectors piece and not a user. Then again I could get the Delica and sell it if the big boys ever drop...ahhh!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I'm with the rest of you ... this one is too good to be limited to the Delica only!

CG
SubMicron

Post by SubMicron »

It's still available
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i have too many knives. i have too many knives. i have too many knives. 😖
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

well, i say that, but i still hope to see this in a g10 manix or an endura.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 pm
well, i say that, but i still hope to see this in a g10 manix or an endura.
Oh heck yeah for the Manix!! I'd take OD Green with just about any steel in DLC. That's the main reason I keep my PM2 in OD/S30V, I'm not the biggest PM2 fan but that's one sweet looking knife! So yes, I definitely want some kind of configuration of this in my favorite model :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Burton Knut wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 pm
I’m trying to resist. I even closed the browser window I’ve had open all afternoon. I love the steel/color combo, but I’m hoping they’ll run it in a Police and/or Endura. Even an Endela might get me to try that model for the first time, but as much as I like the Delica I generally opt for bigger models so I’m afraid it would just be a collectors piece and not a user. Then again I could get the Delica and sell it if the big boys ever drop...ahhh!!
My guess is that there will be an Endura in a similar configuration somewhere along the line. Cruware isn't going anywhere. You know the feeling...the very next release is even more appealing than the last. I think we should congratulate each other more when we show restraint. It's just human nature to "want", but we all know from experience that desire is NEVER satisfied. When we show some mastery over it that's a good thing. Now if if I could just practice what I preach. :)
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Per DLT's usual form ... today's order has shipped. I just ordered one unit. Should have it in a couple days. Will decide then if I am interested in another, if still available.

CG
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

cycleguy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 pm
Per DLT's usual form ... today's order has shipped. I just ordered one unit. Should have it in a couple days. Will decide then if I am interested in another, if still available.

CG
Very impressive indeed. Mine is on its way too. But I shall resist the urge to get a back up. I have so many more I want to get. My goal is NO hoarding!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I wasn't planning on ordering one but they were available when I woke up and longer than my willpower held out. DLT must have a really large order of these or the popularity of the Delica has waned. Either way, I really like Cruwear and the OD/TiCN combo. It's a good way to start the day.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
chrisjohn

Post by chrisjohn »

Why haven't these sold out?

Vendor didn't hold 50% back to drip onto Ebay?