A Manix 2 with a sharpening choil instead of a finger choil would be perfect, IMO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metaphoricalsimile

Re: A Manix 2 with a sharpening choil instead of a finger choil would be perfect, IMO

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:39 pm
metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:35 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 am

Right, and as said: You could not eliminate the choil in this knife anyway, unless you'd somehow redesign the whole CBBL. As it is its dimensions and placemenr in the handle require some choil/ cutout in the blade.
I can see a place in the handle where a stop pin could do the job with a longer edge length blade.

Again, as far as I understand: It is not about stopping the blade! It is just that the CBBL requires so much space in the Manix handle that a blade without choil just would not fit in there fully too. Just the cutout (= choil) makes this possible,
Shining a light through my translucent FRN handles I can see where there is room and where there isn't. I understand it needs some sort of choil, but it does not need a full-length finger choil. You could easily get another 1/4" of blade in there.
bdblue

Re: A Manix 2 with a sharpening choil instead of a finger choil would be perfect, IMO

Post by bdblue »

I like the Manix 2 design just fine. I don't typically use the finger choil, but if there was sharpened edge there I probably wouldn't be using that part of the edge either.

A knife generally shaped like the Manix 2 but without a choil would be the Tenacious.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:44 pm
prndltech wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 am
The current one would be perfect if it was offered with a full spyder edge. I’m sort of indifferent on Finger choils, if the knife has one I’d like it to be like the military where there’s no point between the 2, unlike the manix and pm2.

At least the LW in BD1N should really get a full SE version...
YES! :spyder:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Metaphoricalsimile,

It's fairly easy to add a sharpening choil, where as it is difficult to remove a sharpening choil. I personally think that sharpening choils cause more problems than solutions.

sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If you view the finger choil as part of the handle, then the edge does go right up to the handle. The problem is one of perception.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Let me turn this on it's head with this statement:

A Canis with a CBBL would be perfect.

Thoughts?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A cbbl or backlock.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050