Predictions for Reveal 7

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RustyIron

Re: Predictions for Reveal 7

Post by RustyIron »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm
Too early to start predicting/shilling/hoping/praying for new models in Reveal 7? I think not.. :D

Not too early at all. These aren't just my predictions. These are leaks from a well-known authority who has wished to remain anonymous. This is what you can expect from Reveal 7:

1. After market saturation with knives with that have a weird round hole in the blade, Spyderco will start punching square knockouts, and label them, The Spydie Square.

2. It's time for the G10 vs FRN wars to end. We all just need to get along. From now on, all handles will be made from tried and true Bakelite. Focus groups have revealed the most popular color, so all future knives will be done in mauve.

3. Fancy steels are expensive and offer little benefit to the bored fidgeter flicking his knife all day as he stares blankly over the edge of his cubicle awaiting the clock to reach quitting time. As a result of a lucrative deal with the Trans China Rail Company, future blades will be made from more affordable surplus railroad spikes.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I think it is a bit too early, when the last Reveal was yesterday.
Next Reveal is going to be around January next year, so....
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

prndltech wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm
I’d go for a fully serrated military of some kind
We are way, way overdue for the full SE Military model to return IMO. The C-36 Military in full SE was a rigid folder with great grip and a full sized blade. Maybe have a PE tip about a half an inch long in the end like I've got on my 440V NATIVE model.
And it would look cool with a kelly green handle or a nuclear green.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I'm still hoping for a collaboration with Grimsmo Knives. Would love to own a Norseman with a Spydie hole.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maxamet Military? :)

I am really liking the idea of a Crucarta Native5!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Hopweaver wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:39 am
I'm still hoping for a collaboration with Grimsmo Knives. Would love to own a Norseman with a Spydie hole.
:eek: oh the places my mind are going.... thanks for the day dream!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm just hoping for any new collaboration in the Reveal V7. I was surprised there weren't any in Reveal V6.
-Nick :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 am
I'm just hoping for any new collaboration in the Reveal V7. I was surprised there weren't any in Reveal V6.

I'd like to see a collaboration with Nathan Carothers on a Delta 3V folder. Either a brand new design, or at least working with Nathan to use his Delta heat treat on some 3V to throw into some Micarta Shamans, Militaries, and Manix XLs.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I think Spyderco will reveal that it now plans to make heroin because y'all are hardcore knife junkies!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm
After seeing the all black Manbug wharncliffe, I predict we will finally get a regular production all black Ladybug hawkbill!
I would love another one of these... :spyder:

SG89

Post by SG89 »

joeldworkin307 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am
I think Spyderco will reveal that it now plans to make heroin because y'all are hardcore knife junkies!
They already do and they sell it in red and black boxes :o
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
I doubt we'll see them as soon as reveal 7, but I'm hoping for another Phil Wilson collab, as well as a Rhino Grande. And of course the BBB collab. Also didn't Sal say he had a prototype from Kaila Cummings a while back?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 pm
Mushroom wrote:
I doubt we'll see them as soon as reveal 7, but I'm hoping for another Phil Wilson collab, as well as a Rhino Grande. And of course the BBB collab. Also didn't Sal say he had a prototype from Kaila Cummings a while back?
Yeah, I remember mention of both the BBB collaboration and Kaila Cummings Collaboration. I have to assume they're both fixed blades but I'm okay with that! :D I would love to see more stuff from Darriel Caston too!

Also, a sprint run of the Ed Schempp Tuff would be very welcomed. ;)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:18 pm

I don't care so much for the Tuff, but man do I want to see some 3V in the flagship Golden lineup! :D (and I'm not changing my avatar until we do!)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

JuPaul wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Dec 15 2019 Quoting Sal, "Thursday was a Lil' Pattada prototype. Friday was a Shawn Houston prototype. Yesterday was a Kaila Cumming prototype. ;) :p

sal"
•• Beau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Dec 15 2019 Quoting Sal, "Thursday was a Lil' Pattada prototype. Friday was a Shawn Houston prototype. Yesterday was a Kaila Cumming prototype. ;) :p

sal"
And we just got the Lil' Pattada prototype in the Reveal 6, the Pattadese. So maybe BBB prototype and Kaila Cummings prototype will make an official appearance in Reveal 7! :eek:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:20 pm
Mushroom wrote:

I don't care so much for the Tuff, but man do I want to see some 3V in the flagship Golden lineup! :D (and I'm not changing my avatar until we do!)
At the first seconds sales Mr. Schempp attended, a Tuff Sprint was brought up in conversation and I seem to recall him expressing that he liked 4V!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:43 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:20 pm
Mushroom wrote:

At the first seconds sales Mr. Schempp attended, a Tuff Sprint was brought up in conversation and I seem to recall him expressing that he liked 4V!

I can see that. I'm sure it would sell well. 4V is hot right now!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:37 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

sal"
And we just got the Lil' Pattada prototype in the Reveal 6, the Pattadese. So maybe BBB prototype and Kaila Cummings prototype will make an official appearance in Reveal 7! :eek:
Nice! I'd forgotten that Sal dropped the Pattadese bomb at the same time. That's great news!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

I'm thinking comp lock military. I'd love to see a wharncliffe Pacific salt and SE police LW.