What are you buying from Reveal 6?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

What are you buying from Reveal 6?

Post by Doc Dan »

What are you all going to buy from Reveal 6? For me it has to be a Pink Delica, the Police 4, the Pacific Salt, and if the money is there the Birdseye maple Chaparral.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mushroom

Re: What are you buying from Reveal 6?

Post by Mushroom »

The "Colorado" PM2 sprint for sure and but I'll probably wait a little bit before picking up some of the other knives in this reveal.
-Nick :bug-red
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Birdseye maple Chaparral!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Definite buys:

Pac Salt 2 LC200N PE & SE
Tenacious LW S35VN
Delica 4 Pink TiCN S30V
Manbug Wharnie TiCN (probably a few of these unless a Jester exclusive comes first)
Endela K390 (I may try a VG-10 version first)
Police LW K390 (I may try a VG-10 version first)

Will try to get, funds permitting:

CBN Benchstone
Atlantic Salt LC200N PE & SE
Messenger Bag
Smallfly 2
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Would love the Pac Salt 2, but funds are short.
It's a pity my friends don't give a thing about knives, my birthday is tomorrow :p
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

One Salt, nothing else. However, I will enjoy the many pictures of the Birdseye Chaps,the complaints about patterns not so much.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

At least one or two of those green handles, definitely a K390 Police, one or two of the S45V Mules, likely a SE blacked out Autonomy 2 and probably a Pink Delica for the wifey.
Thankfully only the Mule (and possibly the Delica?) will be a limited run so the clock is on my side.
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Wood Chaparral for sure. Not much else is really jumping out at me in this one.

I like the Pac/atl salts in green/lc200n but would prefer a smaller knife. If the regular salt/Tasman follow, I'm in for sure. Would be interesting to see how a ffg serrated hawkbill would work. Also I like green better than yellow even if it's less visible underwater.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pac Salt ffg SE :D

Maple Chap, Tenacious S35VN and SmallFly 2 are also VERY appealing to me...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely getting the Birdseye Maple Chaparral, already have my pre-order in for that one. Plan on getting the CBN Benchstone. Probably will get the PE LC200N Atlantic as well, definitely will if it's FFG.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Autonomy 2 SE or CE, maybe both!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

The #1 on my list will be the Pink Delica. I'll probably buy both variants. Then, as follows in no particular order -
K390 Police
Mule Team CPM-S45VN
12c27 Blacked-Out Grasshopper
Atlantic Salt LC200N PE & SE
CBN Benchstone
Manbug Wharncliffe

Maybes:
Maybe the Autonomy 2 in CE, Maybe the Chap, Maybe the Smallfly2, Maybe the Sage1 in Maxamet
--Jeremy
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I wait what Reveal 7 brings to the table.
No more knives until 2021.

Pacific Salt 2 FFG SE is nice, but so the K390 Endura, thought choice. Also the upgraded Tenacious, and I like the colour.

Honestly, if Sal confirm another Phil Wilson fixed blade collaboration, I would not spend not a single Euro and wait for that fixed blade. For not, I'll wait.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
normal

Post by normal »

The Tenacious s35vn for sure. I am going to get the Endura k390 instead of the Police or Endela. Maybe the green Salt in LC200N. It would be a great kayaking knife.
vivi

Post by vivi »

PE & SE Pacific Salts
CBN Bench stone
Police LW K390 is a maybe. If I didn't own the K390 G10 version I'd get one for sure, its a great steel.

I'm a little surprised they went with such high grits for the CBN stone (400/800 mesh). Comparing them to the DMT FAQ it seems the coarse side will be in between the coarse and fine DMT, and the fine side will be between fine and extra fine.
Capture+_2020-09-10-14-36-49.png
Of course that's just what it says on paper.

For reference I use a worn black DMT (Extra Coarse) as a finishing stone for my PE knives and I consistwntly get shaving sharpness right off of it, and my worn DMTfine leaves such a polished edge I don't use it.

I'm really excited to try out the stone for my PE knives. EDCing serrated knives made me want to give all my PE knives a low grit, toothy edge to try and replicate that aggressive slicing action, so the ceramic stones don't appeal to me as they once did. In fact I sold my UF bench stone and gave my UF sharpmaker rods to a friend.
:unicorn
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

SE Autonomy 2 for sure. Probably a plain edge too.
juggler

Post by juggler »

Definitely the Atlantic Salt (PE for sure, maybe SE as well).

The Wharncliffe Manbug is very tempting but I might wait and see if more Salt LC200N are on the way: a LC200N Ladybug/Manbug would be even better. Or, as long as I'm dreaming, a Salt Jester :)
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

The SmallFly is the one that I would really like to add to my collection. I'd love to get a balisong, and with its pocket clip and utilitarian blade shape, it'll actually be somewhat practical for EDC.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

vivi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm
PE & SE Pacific Salts
CBN Bench stone
Police LW K390 is a maybe. If I didn't own the K390 G10 version I'd get one for sure, its a great steel.

I'm a little surprised they went with such high grits for the CBN stone (400/800 mesh). Comparing them to the DMT FAQ it seems the coarse side will be in between the coarse and fine DMT, and the fine side will be between fine and extra fine.

For reference I use a worn black DMT (Extra Coarse) as a finishing stone for my PE knives and I consistwntly get shaving sharpness right off of it, and my worn DMTfine leaves such a polished edge I don't use it.

I'm really excited to try out the stone for my PE knives. EDCing serrated knives made me want to give all my PE knives a low grit, toothy edge to try and replicate that aggressive slicing action, so the ceramic stones don't appeal to me as they once did. In fact I sold my UF bench stone and gave my UF sharpmaker rods to a friend.
I think they chose the grits pretty well. 400 mesh is the same as the diamond and cbn rods on the sharpmaker and I never found my diamond rods lacking for reprofiling. Well, I did, because of the size, not because of the coarseness though. They always worked pretty quickly and similar to my 325 grit diamond stone. The 800 is going to be interesting though because I usually go right to extra fine (1200 grit). It will give me another finish to play with so I can compare edges off the 325, 400, 600, 800, 1200, and spyderco medium and fine stones. Then the 7 micron diamond compound on the strop.

So cbn stone is a must buy and I want an s35vn tenacious!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

vivi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm
PE & SE Pacific Salts
CBN Bench stone

Interesting DMT choices. Almost 20years ago I got the same 2 DMT grits in the 12" bench stones in wooden boxes. One of the best decisions I've made.