Reveal 6 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Re: Reveal 6 Live!

Post by PStone »

soc_monki wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm
PStone wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:16 pm
soc_monki wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:07 pm

What's the price on that bench stone... Must find out!
$131 msrp
Yep, I had the bright idea to check the website! Looks like it'll be worth it, being 2 sided and pretty large!
Yes, I agree. Definitely will be worth it. Especially, like you said, being dual sided/dual grit, and a really nice size.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Holy Seki models, batman! A SE lc200n green pac salt willbe mine, along with a pink and black delica. I am loving all the TiNC coming out of Seki now!

So many other temptations...k390 endela, s35vn tenacious, the Pattadese...and those maple Chap scales look great!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

odomandr wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:51 pm
eRoc wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:07 pm
odomandr wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:36 am
p_atrick wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:06 am

The Texas flag is a CQI. Spoken like a true Texan.
Real Texans say it while standing in Durango Colorado though.......
If you're questioning my Texas authenticity, I'll have you know at 13 yrs. old during my first visit to Colorado, I questioned the sanity of a Wendy's cashier for not having a Texas double cheeseburger on the menu.
Every texan has a colorado story..... just poking at the texans that vacation or have a second home in Colorado. So many texas tags on the roads in Colorado
Colorado is just far NW Texas as far as most are concerned.
Mtnblades

Post by Mtnblades »

Yes! Finally the sage in maxamet. Fingers crossed for a sage 5 maxamet. I’ll get two just in case anything happens to number 1. Hope it’s production and not a sprint. That would be such a shame.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

What an amaing Reveal! I'm in for the Chaparral in Birdseye maple and maybe the Manbug wharnie although I wish the steel was premium.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

So the PM2 is the only Sprint? That is interesting. Makes me wonder what all is on the chopping block this year??? :eek:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I want all of them, but I'm afraid that I'll buy an S35VN Tenacious and never need another knife again.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

PStone wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:11 pm
I wonder which Mules 29 & 30 are going to be. Goes from 28(Spy27) to 31(s45vn). Any guesses?
There was some talk of SRS-13. Perhaps that will be a mule before it goes to the Seki line?
JMM

Post by JMM »

W0W -- Super Awesome Reveal ! ! ! My poor savings account will not be seeing much in the way of input for the remainder of the year I'll wager. :p ;)

By far my #1 most anticipated that I'm REALLY excited to see is the P4 LW in K390, for sure I will be getting the PE as soon as I can possibly lay hands on it, same goes for the SE version, reveal 7 perhaps? :D I do love the Police family!

I dig the TiCN S30V Delica, will be picking one up and doing a scale swap. Is it just me or does the satin S30V Delica look like it should have a satin/silver clip? Could just be my OCD.

The SmallFly2 is a 100% must have, it looks fantastic IMO, #2 just behind the K390 P4 LW

The S35VN Tenacious is really interesting for sure, has there been a S30V/S35VN class steel done in China yet that I don't recall? I really hope that someday there will be another Resilience, perhaps SE, or LW, or SE & LW?... {fingers still crossed} :D

I'm glad to see others were as shocked with the sight of the Maxamet Sage 1 as I was... super cool, and it gives me hope for seeing something else with the Bolt-Lock one day... :rolleyes:

I think the maple Chap is the last absolute must have for me, it's absolutely stunning!

:)

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Prices are on knifecenter's website
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Of course there’s a Wharnie Manbug right after I order my first. Lolz

K390 Po Po looking good!
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

GarageBoy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 pm
Prices are on knifecenter's website
Yep! I went ahead and pre-ordered a couple
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

More than I ever could’ve asked for. Knocking it out of the park as always. That pac salt will be mine :)
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I wonder if the Chap in maple is priced to account for warranty claims of cracked scales? Or are they stabilized? That would also boost the cost. Just seems like $20 too high. I'm still buying one.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Pattadese should've had a blade length of 2.99" not 3.16" to make it legal in more places. Pity since it's a handy folder and quite a slicer!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

What a pleasant surprise.
Pac & atlantic salts in LC200n
More Seki models in k390 and s30v
Tenacious in s35vn
Grasshopper in 12c27
Mini Pattada
Sage1 maxamet ! (Birsdeye scales would be 3rd layer of icing on the cake)
3x8 double side CBN !
and more.

Looks like I'll be gifting more knives than usual this Christmas.
The sage-max and CBN plate will be mine, a perfect combination.
Might also keep a Pattadese for myself.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

PStone wrote:
I wonder which Mules 29 & 30 are going to be. Goes from 28(Spy27) to 31(s45vn). Any guesses?

15v? Some kind of Damasteel? VG10W?

Maybe serrated Mules of Spy27 and S45vn?

Good catch, PStone! I missed that. :rolleyes:

When I first got to that page, I could have sworn that it said that this Mule (S45VN) was going to be a Sprint Run! :D
By looking at the top of the .pdf page.

Does this mean that the SPY27 Mule, is just around the corner? :p

How about some Takefu VGMax steel? I wonder if Sypderco can, or has gotten a hold of some of that? It is very good stuff. I'm slowly adding it to my kitchen arsenal now, along with some HAP40 friends.

A 15V Mule, would be out of the Ballpark! :spyder:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 pm
PStone wrote:

15v? Some kind of Damasteel? VG10W?

Maybe serrated Mules of Spy27 and S45vn?

Good catch, PStone! I missed that. :rolleyes:

When I first got to that page, I could have sworn that it said that this Mule (S45VN) was going to be a Sprint Run! :D
By looking at the top of the .pdf page.

Does this mean that the SPY27 Mule, is just around the corner? :p

How about some Takefu VGMax steel? I wonder if Sypderco can, or has gotten a hold of some of that? It is very good stuff. I'm slowly adding it to my kitchen arsenal now, along with some HAP40 friends.

A 15V Mule, would be out of the Ballpark! :spyder:

I'd like to see Sal team up with Nathan Caruthers to get his Delta heat treat on some CPM-3V mules. Then hopefully we would see some Delta 3V folders in models like the Military, Shaman, and Manix XL once people see how awesome and capable 3V can be with this heat treat.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

A real knife guy problem when you're still waiting for Reveal 5 items to hit the dealer shelves and here comes another wave of awesomeness in the form of

Pac Salt 2 in LC200N
- finally we are going to get to see some head to head comparisons between hollow ground H1 and ffg LC200N. The shade of green is excellent to. Much better than the neon USN shade.

Police 4 LW in K390.....
- me likey! This one is self explanatory and will be the first purchase I make, with any luck. (Edit: just pre-ordered) :D

Murdered out Manbug wharncliffe
- this will be another first for me, but it immediately grabbed my attention. I do wish it had some teeth with a small PE tip.

Birdseye Maple Chaparral
- my first Chaparral and it will be epic. I don't recall off the top of my head when Spyderco has done a stabilized wood handle before (outside of the Kopa).

S35VN Tenacious
- this is the last one that made it to my must have list. I haven't owned a value line folder since my Resilience over 6 years ago. This color and handle material combo will be a hot seller I suspect.

Great Reveal and another homerun from Spyderco on so many front.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Surfingringo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Smallfly is a MUST HAVE for me!
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin