I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Post by Doc Dan »

I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
prndltech

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Post by prndltech »

You made a good choice, I’m also on the 11 and I much prefer it over the 8 I had.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Oh I bet Siri is an excellent listener. Keep her on your nightstand when you go to bed every night. :o She hears everything you say at or above a whisper and takes copious notes. :eek: Siri will keep the notes on the Apple Corporate Server and refer back to them from time to time too. Be sure to keep Siri awake and fully charged!

:D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Hahaha! Siri only listens when you talk directly to it. Siri does not record and send it all back to Apple as that would violate privacy laws.

This is a handy, or should I say, hands free, feature that actually works. None of my Android features like this ever worked. I’m really happy so far.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Have fun, but be careful out there!

How much of my conversation does Siri listen to?
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... +listen+to

I must have 2500 links to articles on different forms of privacy that are under attack:

https://imgur.com/a/P4poQoC
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’ve had a 3GS, a 5, and still have a 6S Plus. I fully expect to lose my mind when I get the 12 Pro Max, so good has one iPhone been over another.

Siri, however, has proven as obstinate as my wife of 50 years.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
Have fun, but be careful out there!

How much of my conversation does Siri listen to?
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... +listen+to

I must have 2500 links to articles on different forms of privacy that are under attack:

https://imgur.com/a/P4poQoC
It’s the same with some TV’s, I think.

It’s remarkable how little folk seem to care about their privacy. Can you imagine the reaction if it were government eavesdropping?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:13 am
It’s the same with some TV’s, I think.

It’s remarkable how little folk seem to care about their privacy. Can you imagine the reaction if it were government eavesdropping?
As far as I know, the US Patriot Act has been continued every year since George W Bush put it in place. i.e. the US Govt collects data on every one and every system in every country that they are able to on Earth at this time.

While I'm not a fan of that, I don't sign up to also give access to my living space to corporations through smart TVs, and Cortana(Microsoft), Siri(Apple) or other system if I can help it. It's out of control.

But for those of you willing to roll with it, all the power to you.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The Government needs to combat terrorism, but I am not a fan of them collecting the data of private citizens without cause.

This new iPhone 11 is so easy to use it is hard to believe. It is a great phone so far. Siri behaves herself and I only activate her when I need to do so, like when I am driving.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Glad you are pleased with your choice. I'll stick with my new Samsung though I am not as pleased with it as I the hype suggested. Judging from my forum photos of old, my Note 3 had better optics than my last phone (S7) and this new S20 Ultra has better processing, but the optics are still lacking.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.

I have an IPHONE 11, it's great. :cool:

You made a great choice. :)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Ankerson wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
Doc Dan wrote:

I think so. The previous iPhones were not as good as the top Samsungs in some ways, though the fingerprint scanner was better on the iPhone. This 11 is far and away better than previous iPhones and I like it better than my deceased Samsung.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
I have a new girl friend
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

It's all fun and games until someone returns from the future to kill Sara Connor!

PS. They're all listening! :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Last 4 phones have been Samsung's....Note 3, Note 4, 8+ and now a Note 9. No issues whatsoever. Note 9 takes better pictures than my daughter's iPhone X. I stay a model or 2 behind the newest ones to let the bugs get worked out.

And yes, they all listen. Even after you "disable" all of the apps snooping capabilities.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I have a new girl friend
OMG! 😂😂😂

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 am
It's all fun and games until someone returns from the future to kill Sara Connor!

PS. They're all listening! :p
True! 😂😂

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
Doc Dan wrote:

I think so. The previous iPhones were not as good as the top Samsungs in some ways, though the fingerprint scanner was better on the iPhone. This 11 is far and away better than previous iPhones and I like it better than my deceased Samsung.

I totally agree. :cool: