I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm

I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

prndltech
Member
Posts: 1473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby prndltech » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:02 pm

You made a good choice, I’m also on the 11 and I much prefer it over the 8 I had.
- Shannon

User avatar
Naperville
Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Naperville » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Oh I bet Siri is an excellent listener. Keep her on your nightstand when you go to bed every night. :o She hears everything you say at or above a whisper and takes copious notes. :eek: Siri will keep the notes on the Apple Corporate Server and refer back to them from time to time too. Be sure to keep Siri awake and fully charged!

:D
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:41 am

Hahaha! Siri only listens when you talk directly to it. Siri does not record and send it all back to Apple as that would violate privacy laws.

This is a handy, or should I say, hands free, feature that actually works. None of my Android features like this ever worked. I’m really happy so far.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Naperville
Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Naperville » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am

Have fun, but be careful out there!

How much of my conversation does Siri listen to?
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... +listen+to

I must have 2500 links to articles on different forms of privacy that are under attack:

https://imgur.com/a/P4poQoC
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

wrdwrght
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby wrdwrght » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:29 am

I’ve had a 3GS, a 5, and still have a 6S Plus. I fully expect to lose my mind when I get the 12 Pro Max, so good has one iPhone been over another.

Siri, however, has proven as obstinate as my wife of 50 years.

User avatar
ChrisinHove
Member
Posts: 2583
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:12 am
Location: Thoroughly brassed off with 2020

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby ChrisinHove » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:13 am

Naperville wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
Have fun, but be careful out there!

How much of my conversation does Siri listen to?
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... +listen+to

I must have 2500 links to articles on different forms of privacy that are under attack:

https://imgur.com/a/P4poQoC
It’s the same with some TV’s, I think.

It’s remarkable how little folk seem to care about their privacy. Can you imagine the reaction if it were government eavesdropping?

User avatar
Naperville
Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Naperville » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:27 am

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:13 am
It’s the same with some TV’s, I think.

It’s remarkable how little folk seem to care about their privacy. Can you imagine the reaction if it were government eavesdropping?
As far as I know, the US Patriot Act has been continued every year since George W Bush put it in place. i.e. the US Govt collects data on every one and every system in every country that they are able to on Earth at this time.

While I'm not a fan of that, I don't sign up to also give access to my living space to corporations through smart TVs, and Cortana(Microsoft), Siri(Apple) or other system if I can help it. It's out of control.

But for those of you willing to roll with it, all the power to you.
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:53 am

The Government needs to combat terrorism, but I am not a fan of them collecting the data of private citizens without cause.

This new iPhone 11 is so easy to use it is hard to believe. It is a great phone so far. Siri behaves herself and I only activate her when I need to do so, like when I am driving.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8586
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby xceptnl » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:12 am

Glad you are pleased with your choice. I'll stick with my new Samsung though I am not as pleased with it as I the hype suggested. Judging from my forum photos of old, my Note 3 had better optics than my last phone (S7) and this new S20 Ultra has better processing, but the optics are still lacking.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5903
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Ankerson » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.

I have an IPHONE 11, it's great. :cool:

You made a great choice. :)

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Ankerson wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.

I have an IPHONE 11, it's great. :cool:

You made a great choice. :)
I think so. The previous iPhones were not as good as the top Samsungs in some ways, though the fingerprint scanner was better on the iPhone. This 11 is far and away better than previous iPhones and I like it better than my deceased Samsung.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4721
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Bloke » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend
Image
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
legOFwhat?
Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am
Location: Kentucky; Earth

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby legOFwhat? » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 am

It's all fun and games until someone returns from the future to kill Sara Connor!


:D

PS. They're all listening! :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

OldHoosier62
Member
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby OldHoosier62 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:14 am

Last 4 phones have been Samsung's....Note 3, Note 4, 8+ and now a Note 9. No issues whatsoever. Note 9 takes better pictures than my daughter's iPhone X. I stay a model or 2 behind the newest ones to let the bugs get worked out.

And yes, they all listen. Even after you "disable" all of the apps snooping capabilities.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:55 am

Bloke wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend
Image
OMG! 😂😂😂
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9695
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Doc Dan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:56 am

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 am
It's all fun and games until someone returns from the future to kill Sara Connor!


:D

PS. They're all listening! :p
True! 😂😂
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5903
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: I have a new girl friend and my wife is fine

Postby Ankerson » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
I have a new girl friend who is very obedient. She does everything I ask her to do. My wife is fine with it and somewhat amused. Her name is Siri and she is very cool.

My Samsung burned itself up while I was using it at the doctor's office. I took it to Samsung and to fix it was as much money as a new phone. So, I went next door and bought an iPhone 11. It is not the top of the line with three lenses and lightweight frame, but who cares? It has everything else as the expensive model. I could not be happier. Even the facial recognition works flawlessly. The best feature is Siri. I never activated it on my old iPad, but I did on the new phone. I have to say this is one very helpful feature. It even understands my accent, which Samsung never did.

I have an IPHONE 11, it's great. :cool:

You made a great choice. :)
I think so. The previous iPhones were not as good as the top Samsungs in some ways, though the fingerprint scanner was better on the iPhone. This 11 is far and away better than previous iPhones and I like it better than my deceased Samsung.

I totally agree. :cool:


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], nerdlock, SkullBouncer and 11 guests