How to cancel account?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Red

How to cancel account?

Post by Red »

I checked the FAQ but still cannot seem to find how to delete my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
xceptnl

Re: How to cancel account?

Post by xceptnl »

Red wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:26 pm
I checked the FAQ but still cannot seem to find how to delete my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I hope you aren't planning to leave, but usually Taz can handle anything forum related.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Why would you want to delete your account?? You've been one of the most active new members we've had around here in awhile!! Hope everything is well.

I suppose you could just not sign in anymore?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
James Y

Post by James Y »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:27 pm
^^This.

Shortly after I joined here in 2004, I went away for 14 years, until I came back and really started participating again in 2018. Surprisingly, my account was still intact. There are a few other forums I was a member of (including a Spaghetti Western movie forum) that I no longer frequent, that I never had my accounts deleted from. I simply stopped going onto those forums.

But if you really want to have your account deleted, I’m sure TazKristi will help you out.

Jim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:27 pm
Why would you want to delete your account?? You've been one of the most active new members we've had around here in awhile!! Hope everything is well.

Yeah, what gives, Red?
I thought all was goin along real well for ya?
I hope you don't leave us.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey don't leave>> you can just take some time off and come back if you've got stuff to do. If there is something wrong here on the Forum maybe we can talk it out. I've had to take time off a couple of times since I've been here myself because of medical stuff and personal business. But don't quit because we're glad to have you aboard :) Now If you have to leave because of something really important we certainly can understand that. So if you have to bail out completely and have your forum name erased I think Tazkristi is the only one that can do that. She is the Forum moderator. Just relax and take some time to think about it ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Red wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Hey Red, what happened that makes you want to delete your account?!

Think I told you at least twice in the past that you´re certainly one of the most active and also most positive, enthusiastic and friendly new members I can recall here, and I mean it. Furthermore, you´re one of those who really use their knives and share your experiences in that area
Would be sad to see you leaving. Could the reason even be (and I am not kidding) that exactly because you are that active here, this forum takes too much of your time and/or makes you buy too many knives?

Anyway, if you really want to have your account deleted: As others said, you can´t do that by yourself but would have to ask TazKristi.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Red

Post by Red »

Thank you all for the kind words and the pm’s. I apologize for not getting back to this sooner but also have a part time job at nights and just got home.

I am choosing to leave the forum because although its an excellent overall forum filled with wonderful and knowledgable folks there is one member, who has an extremely divisive political tagline. Its a hashtag with a set of numbers at the very bottom of his posts. (under his other tagline) The same guy in a thread that is supposed to be about reading books is constantly getting his passive/aggressive political jabs in. He had a few posts removed or edited previously but his latest one he inserted a link to an ultra political tabloid he deemed as “truths” to once again jam his political rubbish quietly down everyones throats. He mockingly says he is an independent but one look at the hashtag and numbers at the bottom of his posts tells a different story.

I know this seems petty and on a few levels it really is but it still bothers me that its allowed to happen so I am leaving. Its been great. Its a wonderful forum.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Kristi can probably do it for you. Still, I've never quite understood the logic of doing this. Unless someone feels the need to virtue signal, all they really need to do is exercise some self control, delete any bookmarks they have to this site, and refrain from visiting it in the future. Heck, if they want to be really thorough, there's probably a way to block the forum's IP address, at least there use to be. I might understand someone doing this if they had registered using their real name and had some fear of guilt by association but, otherwise, it makes little sense.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Red wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:53 am
Thank you all for the kind words and the pm’s. I apologize for not getting back to this sooner but also have a part time job at nights and just got home.

I am choosing to leave the forum because although its an excellent overall forum filled with wonderful and knowledgable folks there is one member, who has an extremely divisive political tagline. Its a hashtag with a set of numbers at the very bottom of his posts. (under his other tagline) The same guy in a thread that is supposed to be about reading books is constantly getting his passive/aggressive political jabs in. He had a few posts removed or edited previously but his latest one he inserted a link to an ultra political tabloid he deemed as “truths” to once again jam his political rubbish quietly down everyones throats. He mockingly says he is an independent but one look at the hashtag and numbers at the bottom of his posts tells a different story.

I know this seems petty and on a few levels it really is but it still bothers me that its allowed to happen so I am leaving. Its been great. Its a wonderful forum.
Hi Red,

I´ve expressed above already (and also before) that I consider(ed) you a really positive and valuable "new" member of this forum
If leaving is what feels best for you though, of course you should - though I personally think it´s sad.

Just my personal opinion and advice:

- If you feel someone here (and I don´t want to know who you mean by the way) acts in any way politically divisive or does bring politics generally as a topic to this forum, I´d sent Kristi a pm and I am sure she´ll check if whatever the member does is ok within the rules of this forum (and discussing politics and religion is not).

- If whatever he/she posts actually IS within the boundaries of the forum rules: If I were you, I´d still think about if you want to give just one single person enough power and influence over something you obviously like (being on this forum) so that this is the only reason to make you leave a place where obviously many others here appreciate you and what you have to contribute.

Your choice of course, and no wrong or right here! :)
Last edited by Wartstein on Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Red wrote:

Red, I'm sure that if you bring this to Kristi (the moderator's) attention, she will take care of it.

Politics is off limits here and I'm pretty sure the tagline of which you speak exceeds those limits. It's pretty subtle, so I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned it before.

Report it and stick around! Help make this forum better instead of worse by leaving! :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

You may also want to consider ignoring that user. In this forum software, it's a feature called "friends and foes". Posts made by a "foe" will by default be "collapsed" and will only show some text indicating that post is by a user you've ignored. Here is info about using this from the forum software FAQ:

app.php/help/faq#f6r0
Friends and Foes

What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Politics are not allowed so report it.

Use the ignore feature. It is a wonderful tool.

Not everything in life is about politics. I assure you that I strongly disagree with many members on here politically. We can share a common interest in knives and leave the politics at the door.

Stick around! :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hi Red,
You can also turn off signatures. User control panel>Board preferences>edit display options>Display signatures-No.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Red wrote:

I just ignore that guy. Just because he doesn’t like our country and President will not cause me to leave this forum.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Definitely just try the ignore feature before you decide to go! It’s remarkable how much stress it can remove....
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Regarding anything one doesn't like, such as peanut curry sauces, hornets, pocket lint, etc:

"Like the sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives."
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:36 am
Regarding anything one doesn't like, such as peanut curry sauces, hornets, pocket lint, etc:

Lol! Hornets!! I HATE those bastards!!! :D
Seriously, HORNETS ain't nothin but a bunch a little mean bastards!!!
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:36 am

Lol! Hornets!! I HATE those bastards!!! :D
Seriously, HORNETS ain't nothin but a bunch a little mean bastards!!!
I know, such animosity they harbor toward other organisms! It's like, what happened to them in their childhood? But that's the thing about other people's hearts, you can't dispel the anger for them, only they can do that themselves. And that was kinda the point of my reply, there's only so much we can change, and all the while, the sands keep falling.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 am
Hi Red,
You can also turn off signatures. User control panel>Board preferences>edit display options>Display signatures-No.
WOW! You are a GENIUS. I've actually blocked users in other forums for their disruptive signatures.

I have a dream, that one day the members of the forum will be judged by the content of their posts, not by the flashiness of their signatures.