Hannibal Lecter's Driving Tip #42

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Ahh yes. I do now sir :)

Was that a KIA? Was it a good car until yesterday?

Cheers mate,
David
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
aquaboy420

Post by aquaboy420 »

Dr. Lecter,

I bet that shook you up a bit, thank heavens you are alright, can't say the same for the vehicle. I've had my run-ins with the local venison myself, luckily enough I was driving something a little more "bulletproof". Good luck with the insurace companies, they've been known in my area to bottom dollar the customer. I hope your vehicle situation comes out alright. Cheers.

-greg
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Fisher of Men wrote:Ahh yes. I do now sir :)

Was that a KIA? Was it a good car until yesterday?

Cheers mate,
David
Looks like a Daewoo to me. KIA ,surprisingly, is still going strong and actually making progress I believe.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hannibal,
I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience, but I am grateful that the car seems to have taken the worst of the damage instead of you! Best wishes to you!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Excellent advice! Don't hit and kill deer. It is better to shoot them in season. How's the venison? Glad you are ok, H.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

KIA..the NEW 72 inch caliber deer rifle.
Hannibal Lecter

Daewoo

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

2001 Daewoo Leganza, actually...

Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."

Post by 224477 »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:2001 Daewoo Leganza, actually...

Hannibal

Korean CHEVY, actually :D
Thats fine, you are OK and that counts! :)
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:2001 Daewoo Leganza, actually...

Hannibal
OMG, Doctor, Doc....Hannibal, a man of your stature, a Daewoo? In deer trodden territory yet!

Nothing less than full size Hummer for the next vehicle. Next time you and a critter meet up, you'll have a sporting chance.

Hope you're over the initial shock, aches, and pains and getting back to normal.
Hannibal Lecter

Hang On...

greencobra wrote:OMG, Doctor, Doc....Hannibal, a man of your stature, a Daewoo? In deer trodden territory yet!

Nothing less than full size Hummer for the next vehicle. Next time you and a critter meet up, you'll have a sporting chance.

Hope you're over the initial shock, aches, and pains and getting back to normal.

Good day, all.

The Daewoo in question actually belongs to my Lady, and before you get the notion that it is underpowered, please understand that she obtained it partially because it is often used as an illegal street racer... :D

Very telling about her personality, don't you think?

My personal vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition with Upcountry Suspension Kit and a 5.2L V-8, but prevailing petrol prices make a 180 mile per day commute a bit pricey...so I drive (drove?) the car.

We just heard back from the adjuster: if the damage exceeds $3100, he will total the car, by state law, no less. Financing is already arranged in the event this occurs and a new vehicle must be purchased.

Make mine a Hummer... :p

Very few aches or pains, to be honest. Slight exascerbation of an existing spinal/neck condition, but nothing to worry about. As my six-year old daughter will tell you, "It's too far from your heart to kill you."

I love that child. Sense of humour just like her parents... ;)

Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Sorry to hear about you're accident Doc. Glad nothing serious happened to you.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Hannibal Lecter

Hardly...

ghostrider wrote:Sorry to hear about your accident Doc. Glad nothing serious happened to you.
My thanks for the sentiments, all.

In fairness and truth, I consider myself largely indestructible. I believe I lead a charmed life, though recent events are making me begin to question the sanity of that perspective... :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------