SNK Native 5 G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby nerdlock » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm
PStone wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 pm
I’ll add my name to the Millie wishlist. But would be awesome to see something from Taichung too. They demonstrated that they can handle 4V just fine with the Province. Would also be cool to see a DLC 4V fixed blade exclusive. That would get my attention too.

Taichung is an interesting thought. I've always thought Chap LW in this combo would be incredible. If Spyderco says they can do this then St. Nick's should absolutely put that one on the schedule. I'd love to see a GB1 or GB2 in this combo as well.

Ohhhh... GB2 in 4V and DLC... shivers down my spine! :D

And maybe wrap it up in G10 with the scales extending all the way parallel to the edges of the steel liners...I think that's the only way I can think of improving the excellent GB2. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

JMM
Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:39 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby JMM » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm

SWEET! I've got some funds burning a hole in my pocket from missing the REC pm2 & I like 4V way better!

Here's to hoping for another successful exclusive and fingers crossed for a Chief!
:)

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm

nerdlock wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm
PStone wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 pm
I’ll add my name to the Millie wishlist. But would be awesome to see something from Taichung too. They demonstrated that they can handle 4V just fine with the Province. Would also be cool to see a DLC 4V fixed blade exclusive. That would get my attention too.

Taichung is an interesting thought. I've always thought Chap LW in this combo would be incredible. If Spyderco says they can do this then St. Nick's should absolutely put that one on the schedule. I'd love to see a GB1 or GB2 in this combo as well.

Ohhhh... GB2 in 4V and DLC... shivers down my spine! :D

And maybe wrap it up in G10 with the scales extending all the way parallel to the edges of the steel liners...I think that's the only way I can think of improving the excellent GB2. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Yep my thoughts exactly. Peel Ply Red G10 slabs till the edge. What a GB that would be!
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
mikey177
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am
Location: Philippines

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby mikey177 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Let's see... wake up at 3 in the morning and try to get one of only 525 highly sought after units before they sell out in probably less than 5 minutes. Thanks, but no thanks.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5918
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Sharp Guy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm
PStone wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 pm
I’ll add my name to the Millie wishlist. But would be awesome to see something from Taichung too. They demonstrated that they can handle 4V just fine with the Province. Would also be cool to see a DLC 4V fixed blade exclusive. That would get my attention too.

Taichung is an interesting thought. I've always thought Chap LW in this combo would be incredible. If Spyderco says they can do this then St. Nick's should absolutely put that one on the schedule. I'd love to see a GB1 or GB2 in this combo as well.

Ohhhh... GB2 in 4V and DLC... shivers down my spine! :D

And maybe wrap it up in G10 with the scales extending all the way parallel to the edges of the steel liners...I think that's the only way I can think of improving the excellent GB2. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Yep my thoughts exactly. Peel Ply Red G10 slabs till the edge. What a GB that would be!
I may be the oddball but I don't see that as an improvement. I happen to like the proud liners. They were made like that intentionally and it adds contour to the handles. So I don't see why they'd deviate from Gayle Bradley's designs.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm



Taichung is an interesting thought. I've always thought Chap LW in this combo would be incredible. If Spyderco says they can do this then St. Nick's should absolutely put that one on the schedule. I'd love to see a GB1 or GB2 in this combo as well.

Ohhhh... GB2 in 4V and DLC... shivers down my spine! :D

And maybe wrap it up in G10 with the scales extending all the way parallel to the edges of the steel liners...I think that's the only way I can think of improving the excellent GB2. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Yep my thoughts exactly. Peel Ply Red G10 slabs till the edge. What a GB that would be!
I may be the oddball but I don't see that as an improvement. I happen to like the proud liners. They were made like that intentionally and it adds contour to the handles. So I don't see why they'd deviate from Gayle Bradley's designs.


I'm good either way. I just don't like CF so Peel Ply G10 would be fantastic. I wouldn't say no to Burgundy Micarta either though! :eek:
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby nerdlock » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm



Taichung is an interesting thought. I've always thought Chap LW in this combo would be incredible. If Spyderco says they can do this then St. Nick's should absolutely put that one on the schedule. I'd love to see a GB1 or GB2 in this combo as well.

Ohhhh... GB2 in 4V and DLC... shivers down my spine! :D

And maybe wrap it up in G10 with the scales extending all the way parallel to the edges of the steel liners...I think that's the only way I can think of improving the excellent GB2. :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Yep my thoughts exactly. Peel Ply Red G10 slabs till the edge. What a GB that would be!
I may be the oddball but I don't see that as an improvement. I happen to like the proud liners. They were made like that intentionally and it adds contour to the handles. So I don't see why they'd deviate from Gayle Bradley's designs.

I don't exactly have large hands, so when you hold the handle tight, it kinda digs into the palm...not painful, but you can feel it and after a while it becomes bothersome... But then YMMV.

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 4545
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby TomAiello » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:30 pm

DLC 4v. I'm definitely going to try to get this one. :)

I'd be in for pretty much anything in this combo. I'd love to see a Military, a Chaparral LW, a GB, a Waterway...the list goes on.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 am

D L C 4 V M I L I T A R Y
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4927
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:01 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 am
D L C 4 V M I L I T A R Y
Now that I no longer have a Military...this is the one I'm holding out some hope for!
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby toocool006 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:38 pm
...As for current models, a Smock or a Brouwer would be awesome!

Brouwer please!!!! Man would that look good in the DLC/Red G10 combo :D
~andrew

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Seki knives...Endura, Delica, Endela, Police LW, Dragonfly...Jester!
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2206
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Woodpuppy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am

I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

BobABQ
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby BobABQ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:41 am

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Would be cool if St. Nicks were the first ones to do an exclusive of the Lil Native Backlock! ;)
I expect it would be very popular.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5918
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Sharp Guy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am
I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more hype for this one. Not sure but maybe because this one's coming so soon after the LW dropped people are a little less enthusiastic about it? We'll see how it goes when they go on sale Friday but I think it'll be fairly easy to get one if put a little effort into it
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Enactive » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am
I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more hype for this one. Not sure but maybe because this one's coming so soon after the LW dropped people are a little less enthusiastic about it? We'll see how it goes when they go on sale Friday but I think it'll be fairly easy to get one if put a little effort into it
I've been back and forth on this one. I really like the G10 Native 5. I am curious about 4v, but i don't like coated blades. I don't much like red handles and also generally don't blacked out hardware on knives. This one has more appeal to me than i expected. It is also a bit spendy in contrast with the FRN models but a great value in relation to the S30v G10 model.

I also think i will be busy and work during the drop.

Who knows tho.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am
I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more hype for this one. Not sure but maybe because this one's coming so soon after the LW dropped people are a little less enthusiastic about it? We'll see how it goes when they go on sale Friday but I think it'll be fairly easy to get one if put a little effort into it

I feel like the main cast on this forum lately (myself included) have been trying to keep the hype to a minimum in these threads as the date approaches to slide the thread back into page 2 and beyond so the unscrupulous flippers randomly browsing the forum don't know or forget about the drop in order improve our odds of actually getting one. Even on the day of most drops people haven't been bumping the thread up until a few minutes before. I didn't think the Native LW was hyped too much and it sold out in ~3 minutes. I don't see this one lasting much more than that given the limited quantity and the Native being an iconic model and the first and only 4V G10 Native. So if by fairly easy you mean you have a leisurely 3 minutes to get your order in rather than 30 seconds, then perhaps. ;) Good luck to all on Friday! I already have a meeting on my work calendar to prevent someone from scheduling an actual meeting. Gotta focus! :D
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

blueblur
Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: The Keystone State

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby blueblur » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am
I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more hype for this one. Not sure but maybe because this one's coming so soon after the LW dropped people are a little less enthusiastic about it? We'll see how it goes when they go on sale Friday but I think it'll be fairly easy to get one if put a little effort into it


I feel like the main cast on this forum lately (myself included) have been trying to keep the hype to a minimum in these threads as the date approaches to slide the thread back into page 2 and beyond so the unscrupulous flippers randomly browsing the forum don't know or forget about the drop in order improve our odds of actually getting one. Even on the day of most drops people haven't been bumping the thread up until a few minutes before. I didn't think the Native LW was hyped too much and it sold out in ~3 minutes. I don't see this one lasting much more than that given the limited quantity and the Native being an iconic model and the first and only 4V G10 Native. So if by fairly easy you mean you have a leisurely 3 minutes to get your order in rather than 30 seconds, then perhaps. ;) Good luck to all on Friday! I already have a meeting on my work calendar to prevent someone from scheduling an actual meeting. Gotta focus! :D
This is the same train of thought I’ve had lately too. I’m still surprised to see some of these combo releases with such low quantity. Maybe these vendors just can’t put up the amount needed to produce 2000+ pieces or maybe Spyderco is trying to stay on schedule to produce all of the different models the US factory produces but it seems like a no brainer to put out more than just ~500 pieces on such a proven exclusive combination.

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Enactive » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:36 pm

blueblur wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am
I can’t believe this is back on page 3!!! I went looking just to make sure someone posted it when I saw the announcement on IG. In for the show :D
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more hype for this one. Not sure but maybe because this one's coming so soon after the LW dropped people are a little less enthusiastic about it? We'll see how it goes when they go on sale Friday but I think it'll be fairly easy to get one if put a little effort into it


I feel like the main cast on this forum lately (myself included) have been trying to keep the hype to a minimum in these threads as the date approaches to slide the thread back into page 2 and beyond so the unscrupulous flippers randomly browsing the forum don't know or forget about the drop in order improve our odds of actually getting one. Even on the day of most drops people haven't been bumping the thread up until a few minutes before. I didn't think the Native LW was hyped too much and it sold out in ~3 minutes. I don't see this one lasting much more than that given the limited quantity and the Native being an iconic model and the first and only 4V G10 Native. So if by fairly easy you mean you have a leisurely 3 minutes to get your order in rather than 30 seconds, then perhaps. ;) Good luck to all on Friday! I already have a meeting on my work calendar to prevent someone from scheduling an actual meeting. Gotta focus! :D
This is the same train of thought I’ve had lately too. I’m still surprised to see some of these combo releases with such low quantity. Maybe these vendors just can’t put up the amount needed to produce 2000+ pieces or maybe Spyderco is trying to stay on schedule to produce all of the different models the US factory produces but it seems like a no brainer to put out more than just ~500 pieces on such a proven exclusive combination.
Agreed. They can also re-run them multiple times.

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2206
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: SNK Native 5 G10

Postby Woodpuppy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:06 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm
I already have a meeting on my work calendar to prevent someone from scheduling an actual meeting. Gotta focus! :D
That’s hilarious! I applaud your commitment ;)
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], FRNFanboy, Google [Bot], Mr.B., StuntZombie and 42 guests