River's Edge PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Albatross

Re: River's Edge PM2

Post by Albatross »

Looks like I'm out this round then. That's a bummer.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I got my order in 2:42 PM, and from what I remember they were available for sale until 2:56 PM. That's a LOT of people who are going to be bummed. They said we will be first in line for the next batch, but I wonder if the next batch will even be large enough given how long they were available for sale while actually being sold out? :eek:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So will I get an email telling me I have been refunded?
Or am I going to have to call to verify?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Great. Got my order in early.. I thought. No shipping confirmation. 😒
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:16 pm

The only ones who got their orders in early enough were probably the bots. These are about to be $1000 on eBay. :rolleyes:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:

The only ones who got their orders in early enough were probably the bots. These are about to be $1000 on eBay. :rolleyes:
I guess so. I doubt I’m gonna just as luckily be staring at my phone next time.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:26 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
SLOSpyder wrote:

I guess so. I doubt I’m gonna just as luckily be staring at my phone next time.

It sounds like they will likely contact all of the cancels to see if they want to fulfill their order once their new batch comes in. And then post the new batch to the website once everyone who got their order cancelled has been fulfilled. I hope that is the case.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Ok. I hope that is how they do it.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Ok. I hope that is how they do it.

Me too. I'm a little surprised it took them a day and a half to figure out they sold more than they had? :confused:
RandomNick

Post by RandomNick »

steelcity16 wrote:
SLOSpyder wrote:

Not all of them went to bots. I happened to see the email right after it landed in my inbox and got my order in quickly enough. Sometimes it's just pure dumb luck, not a bot.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Wow, what a let down. I hope they have a reliable system to ensure those whose orders are getting canceled really will be getting one. I don’t have the time or patience to look for a random in stock notification again or constantly refreshing a page. Let’s hope they get this worked out.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i think it's really cool that companies will go out on a limb to provide us with cool combinations that spyderco can't make production, but it's so unfortunate how ugly an experience it always turns out to be.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:59 pm
That's a LOT of people who are going to be bummed. They said we will be first in line for the next batch, but I wonder if the next batch will even be large enough given how long they were available for sale while actually being sold out? :eek:
Yea I think it's likely that there won't even be a second "drop" for their next batch. They might all be going to fill these cancellations.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Well, no shipping email for me either. We’ll see how the next one goes.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well this explains why they were available for much longer than expected. Easy come easy go. Stuff happens. Not going to get upset about it. It's a neat knife only because of the FDE coating. It's still just a PM2. If I'm able to get one when they have more available I'll be happy. If I'm not able to get one for some reason I'll still be happy. Life's too short to get bummed out over not getting another PM2
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 am
Well this explains why they were available for much longer than expected. Easy come easy go. Stuff happens. Not going to get upset about it. It's a neat knife only because of the FDE coating. It's still just a PM2. If I'm able to get one when they have more available I'll be happy. If I'm not able to get one for some reason I'll still be happy. Life's too short to get bummed out over not getting another PM2

Its funny how the fine folks on this forum are like "bummer", "life goes on", "easy come easy go", when on Facebook and IG there's about to be a bunch of profanity laced tirades from the entitlement generation who didn't get their shiny object and the flipper scum who are mad they had to cancel their eBay listings that they were about to make $200+ on. :rolleyes:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Smart man, plus you still have the original great OD Green/DLC (also a favorite of mine as well) That has to take the sting out of it a bit! Though, I would probably be a little upset had I received order confirmation just to have it be taken away. But like you said...it's still just another PM2
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:41 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Smart man, plus you still have the original great OD Green/DLC (also a favorite of mine as well) That has to take the sting out of it a bit! Though, I would probably be a little upset had I received order confirmation just to have it be taken away. But like you said...it's still just another PM2

Yeah, luckily it was "just another PM2" to most of us on here. It stinks if that was your grail knife though. I wanted it to check out the PVD coating, but I don't really care much about another PM2. The Cru-ple one from DLT was the first one I have had in probably 2 years. I carry the Seki FRN stuff these days. Now had this been a Cru-ple Endura, I would be a little heated.. :D
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:36 am
Sharp Guy wrote:

Its funny how the fine folks on this forum are like "bummer", "life goes on", "easy come easy go", when on Facebook and IG there's about to be a bunch of profanity laced tirades from the entitlement generation who didn't get their shiny object and the flipper scum who are mad they had to cancel their eBay listings that they were about to make $200+ on. :rolleyes:
I'd like to think we have a (mostly) mature and respectful group here, especially when compared to other parts of the internet. I wonder though, how much the shiny footprints policy influenced comments here.

I'm bummed, but only because I got excited about getting one so easily, before they sold out. I wouldn't care if I missed the drop, that's on me. Missing out, after believing I got one is frustrating, but I'm not frustrated with REC.

Prior to this, I was looking at the BBS M390 PM2 to fill a specific need. I might just go with that, instead of waiting for the REC PM2 to become available again. I'm bummed, but that's not what's driving my decision here.

Accidents happen. The only dealers I took issue with, as far as exclusives go, were TKJ (although it didn't affect me) and Knifejoy (which did affect me). I have respect for how REC handled the fallout and am not opposed to buying from them in the future.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:47 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:41 am
Sharp Guy wrote:

Yeah, luckily it was "just another PM2" to most of us on here. It stinks if that was your grail knife though. I wanted it to check out the PVD coating, but I don't really care much about another PM2. The Cru-ple one from DLT was the first one I have had in probably 2 years. I carry the Seki FRN stuff these days. Now had this been a Cru-ple Endura, I would be a little heated.. :D
Yea good point there, it definitely would be the grail PM2 for many people...BUT, there appears to be more opportunities in the future. After this cluster mess here though, I'm wondering how this will turn out. Amazing it wasn't even a scheduled drop that people knew of ahead of time and this still happened. I'm bummed that people here that would give some feedback on the coating ended up missing out after thinking they got one. So onto the next run...when and how many!?!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick