2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93

Re: 2021 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by ladybug93 »

Takuan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm
Sorry, ladybug93. I wasn’t trying to call you out there. I quoted you because I really do share your concerns about possible rule violations and wanted to preface my comments by agreeing with you on that issue.
no need for you to apologize at all. my comment wasn't directed at you. i apologize for my assumption. i should've just kept my mouth shut. it gets the best of me sometimes.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I was wondering what you were going with this year, as I look at that great shot of yours from last year everyday this month! Another great submission!!
Thanks buddy! :)

I was kinda lazy this year and if I hadn't got lucky with the timing of this shot I was gonna to sit this year out.

PS

If they ever let the kids back to school we still need to meet up.
-Turbo
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

The Spyderco Native 5 in S90V/Fluted Carbon Fiber (C41CFFP5) is another great iteration on the classic model. This is what I would consider a gentlemen's carry knife that has the history of a great workhorse.
Attachments
spyderco_calendar_submission_72.jpg
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpyderCuse wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Takuan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:47 pm
SpyderCuse wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:51 pm
The building in the background is Crucible and In the center of the Spyder hole is the front sign at Crucible. I blurred it out for looks and copyright purposes.
Nice picture! It might be worth asking Kristi about whether or not an exception could be made for the Crucible logo. It would seem a bit strange to be able to include the “CPM REX 45” blade stamp and yet not the Crucible logo. I suppose it pays to be cautious, though.
I was thinking that originally, but I kind of like the secrecy of it/look of it.
I was going to suggest asking Kristi and leaving it in too, since I presume their CPM steel names on blades may be trademarked as well, and I've seen some calendar pics in the past seemingly chosen because of something interesting in the hole, but if you think it spoils the looks or photo effect, probably not.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Adrian.Johansson

Post by Adrian.Johansson »

Am I late for the contest?

No theme to talk about, I just like take photos in dark backgrounds with my Spyderco knives. They look extremely nice in black, the shape of the knife with colors and contrast will appear extremely good.

Spyderco Paysan CPM-S90V

Direct link:

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bbturbodad wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I was wondering what you were going with this year, as I look at that great shot of yours from last year everyday this month! Another great submission!!
Thanks buddy! :)

I was kinda lazy this year and if I hadn't got lucky with the timing of this shot I was gonna to sit this year out.

PS

If they ever let the kids back to school we still need to meet up.
Absolutely! Just shoot me a PM whenever you end up in the area.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

My submission for next years calendar.

Forum name: Enigma
Item: YUS116 Orange & Blue Heavy Duty Baliyo

To me this product exemplifies Spyderco's innovative and creative way of designing product which meets their customers needs. Whether it's a solution to carrying a knife i.e adding a pocket clip or creating a product which writes exceptionally well and doubles up as a tool to safely practice balisong tricks Spyderco always delivers. I've spent countless hours fidgeting/flipping with this Baliyo, it has held up well having been dropped a number of times. A truly unique product :spyder:
ZeeQ

Post by ZeeQ »

I absolutely love the design of these Spyder Throwers (medium). Not only are they beautifully balanced - they're easy on the eyes and a blast to work with!
Attachments
Knives 2020_SMRES--3.jpg
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Thank you again Spyderco for the chance to compete in the yearly contest. Awesome shots so far everyone, and good luck to all. My submission for this year:

Forum Name: Lumpy620
Model: Native 5 Salt (C41PYL5)
"LC200N In It's Native Environment"
IMG_20200524_133942_copy_2700x3450_copy_1350x1725.jpg
I picked the Native 5 Salt, because it represents several things to me which are quintessential Spyderco. First, it is an in house design which has seen numerous iterations and CQI. Second, it is a steel which no one else is really using in production knives, which displays unique characteristics. Third, my first Golden made :spyder: folder once upon a time was a Native FRN (Smallfly was the first, but it doesn't count cause it's a Bali ;) ). This photo was taken in a small, stone reflecting pool my father and I carved and shaped for my mother years ago, which she summarily turned into a bird bath. :rolleyes:
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
AlexBouic

Post by AlexBouic »

This year I've decided to do something different with two of my absolute favourite Spyderco's, the CHAPARRAL™ STEPPED TI C152STI and the Native® 5 Titanium Fluted C41TIF5. Their sophistication and elegance is brought to life by the fine craftsmanship and machining of the scales.
Alexbouic

ZeeQ

Post by ZeeQ »

AlexBouic wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:03 am
This year I've decided to do something different with two of my absolute favourite Spyderco's, the CHAPARRAL™ STEPPED TI C152STI and the Native® 5 Titanium Fluted C41TIF5. Their sophistication and elegance is brought to life by the fine craftsmanship and machining of the scales.
Alexbouic

Wow! What a stunning photo.
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Product Name: Spyderco Ikuchi C242CF
Forum Name: wec12

Love at the first sight! When I saw Ikuchi the very first time, I fell in love with its elegance and style, especially how the long blade hides in the handle! Hopefully using light painting as the background shows the continuous lines Ikuchi presents!
Attachments
Spyderco Contest 2021_Ikuchi_Web.jpg
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Thank you Spyderco for allowing us all to show our love for your blades through these channels of creative output.

-------------------------------
Forum Name: nerdlock
Item: Spyderco Manix 2

This year has been very hard for all of us to say the least... yet some of us are blessed with some form of steady support that has helped us carry on through these uncertain times - wether it be friends, families, loved ones, or people who have touched our lives in one way or another. Just like the Manix 2, a simple, tough, dependable knife that has supported many of us through a lot of everyday challenges without frills or fanfare. So like a phoenix rising from the depths of the waters, we too shall rise up from this challenge, and break through the ocean of despair that many of us are drowning in these days. Sooner or later, we all will overcome, have faith!

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am
Thank you Spyderco for allowing us all to show our love for your blades through these channels of creative output.

This year has been very hard for all of us to say the least... yet some of us are blessed with some form of steady support that has helped us carry on through these uncertain times - wether it be friends, families, loved ones, or people who have touched our lives in one way or another. Just like the Manix 2, a simple, tough, dependable knife that has supported many of us through a lot of everyday challenges without frills or fanfare. So like a phoenix rising from the depths of the waters, we too shall rise up from this challenge, and break through the ocean of despair that many of us are drowning in these days. Sooner or later, we all will overcome, have faith!
Wow, impressive photo nerdlock! I think that one may be a winner. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:24 am
nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am

Wow, impressive photo nerdlock! I think that one may be a winner. ;)

Thank you for the kind words! I had really had fun doing this, and despite how it looks, this was all done single image in-camera...no photoshop compositing whatsoever. :)
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
sal

Post by sal »

Wow, Lotsa great stuff. Very impressive.

Hi to Knifeaholic, Beachknife, ZemogKA, Adrian, ZeeQ and AlexBouic,

Welcome to our forum.

If I missed anyone, my apologies.

sal
Adrian.Johansson

Post by Adrian.Johansson »

sal wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:41 am
Wow, Lotsa great stuff. Very impressive.

Hi to Knifeaholic, Beachknife, ZemogKA, Adrian, ZeeQ and AlexBouic,

Welcome to our forum.

If I missed anyone, my apologies.

sal
Thanx Sal. 👑❤️😺
Shibby

Post by Shibby »

I am entering a picture of my teal Dragonfly (C28FPTL2). This knife is the perfect size knife for me. It is also my favorite color. I love that Spyderco makes a knife for everyone. Even me!
wazerhazar

Post by wazerhazar »

username: wazerhazar
knife: urban k390

The Spyderco Urban has been my EDC for at least a year now. I like knowing that regardless of where I go, it can come with me. So of course I had it with me when I saw this opportunity for a photo with this well-disguised moth.

Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Spyderco Embassy.
Picture taken at sunset in the vinyard.

:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red