Nutnfancy is Total Garbage!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Red

Re: Nutnfancy is Total Garbage!

Post by Red »

I used to watch him around 2008-2010 when I was working behind the gun counter at a shooting range and some of his tabletop firearm reviews were informative but eventually he went off in the “tacti-cool” deep-end and the reviews became more about him and not the product so I quit watching. I watch several youtube gun/knife channels occasionally but more for size comparisons etc., before buying something new.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I didn’t know people still watched his videos, tbh.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Everything is subjective but the guys who designed that knife no doubt know more about knives and steel than this guy does. That's not a jab at shiny footprints, that's just the truth. It's ok to not like something but there's a mile of difference between "I just don't like it" and "this is a bad product".
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MichaelScott

Re: Nutnfancy is sheet!

Post by MichaelScott »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 pm
Why is he wearing gloves?

Regardless, I'm not interested. It's the rare YouTube knife review that can hold my interest for more than about 5 minutes. If I was interested in the Province I'd rather spend that time researching it on the Forums here than watching 25 minute long "tabletop" YouTube ramblings. :rolleyes:
Amen, brother!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
MacLaren

Re: Nutnfancy is sheet!

Post by MacLaren »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 pm
Never saw the appeal of that clown. Takes 45 minutes to say 5 minutes worth of info.
Lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I could never get into him. I kept seeing people referring to him, people showing knives off that he gifted them with "nutnfancy" written on the blade with what looked like a cheap engraver. I could never make it through the first few minutes of his videos, kind of like with ApostleP. Love to hear themselves talk! Actually, I've quit watching quite a few youtubers because they just can't get to the point, or they don't even know what they are talking about. One youtuber said the buck 110 had steel liners...all I have to say is if you think a 110 has steel liners you are clueless.

Anyway, what really made me shake my head at nutnfancy was when he was reviewing the Benchmade 950. It is a black class knife so i get that its "tactical" or whatever. he went on to say that there is no "traction plan" with the spine of the knife so he would put some skateboard grip tape there, etc etc. I'm sorry, that knife needs no grip tape, and you certainly dont need any on the spine of the knife.

sometimes I wonder if some of these people even use knives in their daily life.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

So, if you like the Province, why does it matter what Nutnfancy thinks?

Surely, you don’t need his approval. I mean, didn’t we just reach a consensus in another thread that it’s better to be inner-directed?

If, instead, this thread is about trashing some dude, I thought Sal’s “shiny footprints” was to be our guide.

And, to think yet another thread has asked what has gone wrong with BladeForums. Sheesh.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Shiny Footprints should be a guide - even in Off-Topic. We can all disagree with someone without making it personal. Thread closed.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.