QC Concern - Squeak

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MinimalBloke

QC Concern - Squeak

Post by MinimalBloke »

Hi all,

I have come concerns over the QC on my not that old Spyderco Squeak.
I'd like to point out it's never been sharpened.

1 - The grind
It is very uneven and not the same as it progresses down the blade (image attached)
It also has a strange lump at the end that doesn't appear in any of the other pictures I've seen.

2 - There is only 1 PB washer, should there be 2

3 - This might just be normal wear but the FRN scales are getting very worn from use.

I've friends with UKPK's and Squeaks that look a lot tidier

Thanks,
Attachments
Squeak lump
Squeak lump
Squeak Edge
Squeak Edge
TazKristi

Re: QC Concern - Squeak

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, MinimalBloke:
I replied to your first post about this in another thread, but I'll chime in here too. Your best point of contact will be our Warranty & Repair Department. Please contact them and they'll be happy to assist you. They can answer some of your questions, but if you'd like them to evaluate your knife for defects, please send your knife in for evaluation. You'll find all of the information you need here, https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/. You'll be in great hands with our crew.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
MinimalBloke

Post by MinimalBloke »

Hi Kristi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm based in the UK, do you have an authorised UK service center?
I feel the cost of sending it to and from the states would greatly outweigh the cost of the knife.

I feel that it should have been in a better condition to begin with.

Regards,
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, MinimalBloke:
I'm sorry, but we do not have a service center outside of the U.S.

Can you tell us where you purchased your Squeak? Unfortunately, there are counterfeit Squeaks, so I'd like to rule that out.

Kristi
MinimalBloke

Post by MinimalBloke »

I purchased it via Amazon in December last year.

It was actually a replacement as the first had a stuck pocket clip screw, it just spun round and round in the handle.

To be honest, I am starting to doubt its authenticity. Are there any obvious indicators (aside from the terrible edge) I could look out for?

Regards,
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

MinimalBloke wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 am
I purchased it via Amazon in December last year.

It was actually a replacement as the first had a stuck pocket clip screw, it just spun round and round in the handle.

To be honest, I am starting to doubt its authenticity. Are there any obvious indicators (aside from the terrible edge) I could look out for?

Regards,
Hi, MinimalBloke:
Your best bet would be to take some more pictures, as well-lit and clear as possible, and then e-mail those to our Warranty & Repair Department (customerservice@spyderco.com). Include the information that you've posted here and ask if they can authenticate the knife. It's not always possible to authenticate through pictures, but our crew will do their best. Our W&R team sees more counterfeits than most, so they are extremely knowledgeable and know what to look for. I think, at this moment, that would be the best next step. You'll be in great hands with our crew!

Kristi
MinimalBloke

Post by MinimalBloke »

Hi Kristi,

Thanks. I’ve actually resolved this now.
Contacted Amazon UK, explained that I thought it might be a fake, they checked the now out of stock listing and gave me a refund.

They didn’t put up any fight or questions my reasons. This makes me believe they new something wasn’t right.

I’ll be buying another one via Knives and Tools, a trusted seller.

Regards,
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

MinimalBloke wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:30 pm
Hi Kristi,

Thanks. I’ve actually resolved this now.
Contacted Amazon UK, explained that I thought it might be a fake, they checked the now out of stock listing and gave me a refund.

They didn’t put up any fight or questions my reasons. This makes me believe they new something wasn’t right.

I’ll be buying another one via Knives and Tools, a trusted seller.

Regards,
Hi, MinimalBloke:
I'm happy to hear that it worked out for you! If we can help in any other way, please let us know.

Kristi