Anyone ever purchased from herooutdoors.com

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JMM

Anyone ever purchased from herooutdoors.com

Post by JMM »

I'm not finding anything useful here, but I've found some pretty unhappy reviews from other sources online. They are a brick & mortar located in Canada, I was just hoping someone might be able to chime in with a first hand account from dealing with them in person and/or onine. They have a couple older models I've been looking for that aren't easily found elsewhere, at good prices, although their shipping is pretty steep. ~$23 USD for one knife. TIA!

Cheers,

John
Danke

Re: Anyone ever purchased from herooutdoors.com

Post by Danke »

Nope; they're dicey.

You want a good place up in Canada to get Spyderco from hit up Warriors & Wonders/Blades Canada in Vancouver. But if you're in the USA I can't see why you'd go that route unless it's something really rare.
racerx454

Post by racerx454 »

I wouldn't place an order thorough them again. I placed an order for two knives, and was charged immediately, but didn't hear anything for over a month. I was unable to talk with anyone at their shop. I had to file a credit card dispute to get my money back, which I did. Took almost two months. I don't think they're reliable and what shows as in stock may not be.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I got a little grumpy after realizing they were not a good company to deal with. My situation, I went online, saw a knife and paid with credit card. The money was out of my visa the next day and the day after I got a notice that the item was not in stock and I could request a refund or wait on backorder. Duh, money back please.

Then I went on line and said ooops! I contacted my credit card company immediately and spent 2hrs on hold. Then it took 45 min or more to get to the point of specifically needing to say, "goods not received" enough times and my credit card company charged back my card. Pain in the airplane.

Ooops. I get making a mistake. The Hero site still has the same product for sale today, and I would guess they do not have it in stock. Boker Mermaid if you are curious.

So, I also guess they are hoping people are stuck in minimum wage jobs and can not take 3+hrs out of a day to argue for $50. And still have to wait for weeks to get it back when you do win. I think some people take the loss and that helps this company stick around.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

They need to be reported to the police as a scam site, it seems.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

JMM wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 pm
They have a couple older models I've been looking for that aren't easily found elsewhere
No, they do not. They are a drop shipper and don't carry anything. Avoid them!

What are you looking for?
JMM

Post by JMM »

bgcameron wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:20 am
JMM wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 pm
They have a couple older models I've been looking for that aren't easily found elsewhere
No, they do not. They are a drop shipper and don't carry anything. Avoid them!

What are you looking for?

A fully serrated Police3 G10 - C07GS3 . . . the only other place I've found them is CountryKnives.com @ 265.00 + 10.00 S&H which is more than I can bare to spend on it. A friend of mine loaned me his for a couple days and I really like it, it's an awesome amount of serrated in a platform I know and love, just not $275 worth of love. :D

It sounds like the answer is stay the heck away from option one, so I'll just have to be patient for one to show up on the secondary market. :(

Thanks everyone for your input, I super appreciate it.

Cheers,

John
JMM

Post by JMM »

I guess while the subject is Police models I'll go ahead and ask, has anyone seen / heard anything about the chances of a P4 LW being offered in SE?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Hey JMM, check your inbox. I sent you a pm where you can find a used one in good condition at a reasonable price.

I personally held off on it in the hopes that the new police 4 lightweight will get a se option. If it doesnt I might be kicking myself for this later.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JMM

Post by JMM »

VooDooChild wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 am
Hey JMM, check your inbox. I sent you a pm where you can find a used one in good condition at a reasonable price.

I personally held off on it in the hopes that the new police 4 lightweight will get a se option. If it doesnt I might be kicking myself for this later.

I got your PM, thank you so much, I really appreciate the hook up!

I'm super stoked to be expanding my Police collection, so far it's...

Police4 G10 K390
Police4 FRN LW
Police4 SS PE
Police3 G10 PE
Police3 G10 SE - It's in the mail! :D
Ulize (a.k.a. the "German Police")

...I am still holding off on the new KC P4 Pakkawood, but if neither of the Chief sprints drop soon I'll use those funds for the KC P4.
:)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I'm glad this thread saved you from what sounds like a big pain, but I'm going to move it over to Off-Topic since it's not about Spyderco. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.