Your suggestions please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Re: Your suggestions please

Post by MichaelScott »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 am
In my own personal experience I've found that Spyderco's Dodo model to be the very best short bladed folder I've ever used.
Dodo. Yes. Never had one but it’s high on my list. Aftermarket prices are generally very high. I may have to wait until Spyderco does an exclusive or sprint. Quirky little knife.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
qwkzotc

Post by qwkzotc »

Well, once again I must put in a shout out to you for the McBee. That little Razor Blade on steroids can do most anything a big knife can, just not as much of it. Like I wouldn't try cutting 1000 inches of cardboard with it, but it will work just fine for day to day action on most tasks including cardboard. And similar to the Dodo, the way you can leverage the point makes it able to do things that would be awkward with a lot of knives.

Dan
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MichaelScott wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am
Having lost my Rhino during one if my big knife sell-offs, I ordered another this morning. Michael did a superlative job designing this knife. Fits my requirements for a small folder with much more to appreciate. This one is really not one you can appreciate by reviews and videos. You have to have it in hand before the genius of the design is fully realized.
Great choice! I agree, the Rhino is really an interesting, unique, and beautiful design.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

benben wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:15 am
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:58 am
MichaelScott wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 am
I always carry Lil’ Lum in my Hitch & Timber Runt along with a flashlight and small Leatherman tool. I have a Chaparral which is still on probation. I remember how much I liked my Rhino and think now that the “trouble” I had adapting to the blade was mostly me. I plan to get another and educate myself.

For me, the time of the Delicas has passed. Technologically the Delica has been superseded by the likes of the Para 3 LW. Better build, more sophisticated operating components, nicer handle, wire clip, interesting blade steel.

My mid-size knife will be a Para 3 LW.

I am still interested in why some people like the Brouwer so much.
The Brouwer is a fairly recent acquisition for me. It had been on my list for quite a while, but because of the price point I hesitated (like many people, I think). So I saved up a bunch of rewards points and bought it for a hefty discount. I am so glad I did, because it's a very nice little knife. I personally love having one g10 scale and one titanium scale (for better grip), the size is small but still quite useful for edc and easily still a 4-finger grip for most hands with the choil, it's a sleek design that feels great in my hand, the lockbar is very easy to access with the generous cutout (and I'm super picky about framelocks for this reason), and the clip position is much better now than on the original release. Bonus: I really love this shade of green.
Great looking little folder, doing a little research right now!!
It's definitely one of spyderco's "sleeper gems." I think some people feel it's too expensive for a small knife with s30v, but there's no doubt that it's a quality knife and a very attractive design. And as Michael noted, it's a great small all-arounder. If it gets disco'd I'd seriously consider buying a second one, and I'd absolutely love to see a sprint version that might attract more attention.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.