Sprint/exclusive request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Albatross

Sprint/exclusive request

Post by Albatross »

When the Police 4 G10 was discontinued, I thought that was the last of the full steel-linered P4 knives... until the recent KC exclusive.

Would it be possible to see the P4 with full liners and S90V as a sprint?

If not, I hope there's a dealer out there willing to commission an exclusive run. Orange G10 and S90V would be an amazing knife and would make an excellent summer/outdoors knife. I would settle for any color or handle material, but orange would make me weak in the knees. :D

Would anyone else be interested in a sprint/exclusive P4 with S90V?
steelcity16

Re: Sprint/exclusive request

Post by steelcity16 »

Not to derail your thread and I hope you get what you want, but i'd like to see a new linered P4 as well, just in Cru-carta. Actually, I'd like to see the linered Endura, Delica, Dragonfly and Stretch in this Cru-carta combo as well. I hope they do both for both of our sakes!

While I generally prefer FRN LWs, I think there the linered versions make for some good harder use knives. I would really like a linered Cru-carta Native.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I don't own a police4 but I do own a Millie in s90v. I still believe they have em at bento box shop last time I checked.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Also will the police 4 lightweight get a serrated option?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Albatross wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 am
When the Police 4 G10 was discontinued, I thought that was the last of the full steel-linered P4 knives... until the recent KC exclusive.

Would it be possible to see the P4 with full liners and S90V as a sprint?

If not, I hope there's a dealer out there willing to commission an exclusive run. Orange G10 and S90V would be an amazing knife and would make an excellent summer/outdoors knife. I would settle for any color or handle material, but orange would make me weak in the knees. :D

Would anyone else be interested in a sprint/exclusive P4 with S90V?
This sounds like a job for Cutlery Shoppe orange and S90v is how they have done a couple exclusives.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am
Not to derail your thread and I hope you get what you want, but i'd like to see a new linered P4 as well, just in Cru-carta. Actually, I'd like to see the linered Endura, Delica, Dragonfly and Stretch in this Cru-carta combo as well. I hope they do both for both of our sakes!

While I generally prefer FRN LWs, I think there the linered versions make for some good harder use knives. I would really like a linered Cru-carta Native.
I also like the FRN LW models, but the full liners do make for harder use knives. The full liners and steel back spacers look more elegant as well.

Hopefully we both get what we want. Both configurations would sell well. The P4 just needs more love in general.
Steeltoez83 wrote: I don't own a police4 but I do own a Millie in s90v. I still believe they have em at bento box shop last time I checked.
I had looked at it, but the Military would be a compromise. The thicker blade and tip down clip aren't as useful for me. If I was more comfortable with carrying a Millie in my back pocket or if the clip could be changed to the tip up position, I might like it more. My Rex 45 Millie didn't stick around for those reasons.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'd be down for a CPM S90V, steel lined Police 4!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"