DLT Exclusive - Purple PM2 Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: DLT Exclusive - Purple PM2 Cruwear

Post by steelcity16 »

Bamalt1 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:08 pm
I had to refresh a ton of times and had to add each knife to my cart one at a time to get them added to my cart. When I went to checkout, I kept getting an error for not being able to ship out of the country even though I had my Georgia address selected. Maybe it was seeing my ADO address and was throwing the error I don't know. After 12 minutes of fighting the site, I got my order to go through.

I got a weird shipping error at one point too. That was the craziest drop of any I've done. Glad I was able to score 2. After missing out on the DLC Cruwear Green Shaman (even though I don't like the smooth G10 to begin with) because of the crazy gong show of the Knife Joker drop, it felt like deja vu trying for this DLC Cruwear PM2 (even though I'm not a big PM2 fan). Now that I am the proud owner of two of these I guess I better force myself to learn to love the PM2!

Hopefully DLT turns this into a "family" given the popularity of the color/steel combo and increases the order size and gets the links worked out of the website/server. I did really like the "waiting room" style countdown timer as I think it does a good job of preventing bots that would typically be sitting around slamming the knife's webpage with requests. They will get it figured out eventually I'm sure.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very weird. I didn't try for this one but have had 3 others of their exclusives and everything went smoothly each time. Do you think maybe their name is really starting to get out there and getting a lot more attention to their exclusives these days than in the past?? Maybe haven't upgraded their servers or something? Very surprising to read all of this tonight
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bamalt1

Post by Bamalt1 »

I didn't have nearly as many issues getting my BHQ Manix 2 XL but I'm sure that launch had a lot less traffic.
S35VN PM2, Spydiechef, M4 Manix 2 XL, Rex 45 Shaman, Kapara, M4 PM2 Tanto, Ultatech BH, Techno 2, 20CV Yojimbo 2
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't like not being excited about new releases lately :o I feel like it's a lot of the same models just getting a different frn/G10 handle color and a steel that's already out there in a bunch of other models. Granted, Golden models are definitely the best but do we really need this many exclusives of all these models??

I'd love to see some different models and scale materials being used. Dare I say... I'm starting to get a little bored :eek: :confused:

I don't even really like the PM2 (I sold mine couple long ago) but I was more excited about this drop than any since the Cruwear Delica. For me it's more about getting the steel I love because there are no production knives in Cruwear. I've been asking for DLC Cruwear for a long time, and to have it paired with the purple G10 made for an unexpected but awesome looking knife. I'd honestly love it if the next 10 exclusives from DLT were this combo in the Endura, Delica, Endela, Dragonfly, Jester, Police LW, Military, Manix LW, Linered G10 Native, and Dodo. I'd buy two of each.

But that said, yes, I'm bored with most other exclusives/sprints because I'm not big into the PM2 or Para 3 or G10 Shaman or Carbon Fiber or S90V or smooth G10 or Pakkawood or M390 or Damascus or San Mai or Hap40 or Zome or whatever else. But it is good that they do this as other people are into these things and they get what they want.

Your last comment about different models in scale materials is a good one though. It shouldn't be 5+ years between exclusives for models like the Manix XL and Dodo when there are so many PM2 and Para 3 releases. I'd love to see more exclusives in these obscure models. Stuff like the Catcherman, FRN Cricket, Spyderhawk, Jester, SE Dodo, SE Lil Matriarch, etc.

Even though I don't care for them, it is cool to see new blade shapes as exclusives like the Waved and Tanto PM2s. And we saw new scale materials in the Cru-Carta Shaman and Copper PM2. Hopefully a bunch of dealers went crazy on the Micarta exclusives after the Cru-Carta feeding frenzy last year. It would be cool to see some Micarta Delicas, Enduras, Dragonflies, Natives, etc. It would be even cooler if they were Purple Micarta with DLC Cruwear! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jBranam

Post by jBranam »

yeah it was a mess ... i didn't even know about the drop but the dogs woke me up and i was just window shopping on DLT and saw it had 00:21 left on the timer lol. had been thinking about a new knife lately. this makes four spydercos and all four are limited. the Teal FRN Delica (my first Spyderco), the Manix2 52100 DLC Grey G10, the Paramilitary3 M4 Jade G10 and now the Paramilitary2 Cru-Wear DLC Purple G10 :D

like others i jumped in and got numerous errors on every step of the way. actually looped to Paypal like six times :( and never got a confirmation so i called. the phone lines were being bombarded too. although i never got a confirmation or invoice number from the DLT site i DID get one from Paypal that had the invoice number. after talking to them 3x i think it is finally all settled. i was afraid i would be charged way too many times by Paypal (their transaction invoice showed two) but finally got confirmation i was only charged once and even got a shipping notification during my third talk with DLT. nice chaps but they were swamped and stressed lol.

i think i will be happy with the Cru-Wear... people seem to love it. if it is as good as my Jade M4 i will MORE than happy. really love that blade. cheers
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i happen to love purple and i also like dlc. unfortunately, the pm2 just isn't for me. i almost went for this one though. i've not tried cruwear and i'm moving away from the ocean, so it would be a good time to try it. i seriously hope dlt does this combo in other models. even if it's a para 3, i will likely buy it. i'd prefer a manix 2 though. :)
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:44 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't like not being excited about new releases lately :o I feel like it's a lot of the same models just getting a different frn/G10 handle color and a steel that's already out there in a bunch of other models. Granted, Golden models are definitely the best but do we really need this many exclusives of all these models??

I'd love to see some different models and scale materials being used. Dare I say... I'm starting to get a little bored :eek: :confused:

I don't even really like the PM2 (I sold mine couple long ago) but I was more excited about this drop than any since the Cruwear Delica. For me it's more about getting the steel I love because there are no production knives in Cruwear. I've been asking for DLC Cruwear for a long time, and to have it paired with the purple G10 made for an unexpected but awesome looking knife. I'd honestly love it if the next 10 exclusives from DLT were this combo in the Endura, Delica, Endela, Dragonfly, Jester, Police LW, Military, Manix LW, Linered G10 Native, and Dodo. I'd buy two of each.

But that said, yes, I'm bored with most other exclusives/sprints because I'm not big into the PM2 or Para 3 or G10 Shaman or Carbon Fiber or S90V or smooth G10 or Pakkawood or M390 or Damascus or San Mai or Hap40 or Zome or whatever else. But it is good that they do this as other people are into these things and they get what they want.

Your last comment about different models in scale materials is a good one though. It shouldn't be 5+ years between exclusives for models like the Manix XL and Dodo when there are so many PM2 and Para 3 releases. I'd love to see more exclusives in these obscure models. Stuff like the Catcherman, FRN Cricket, Spyderhawk, Jester, SE Dodo, SE Lil Matriarch, etc.

Even though I don't care for them, it is cool to see new blade shapes as exclusives like the Waved and Tanto PM2s. And we saw new scale materials in the Cru-Carta Shaman and Copper PM2. Hopefully a bunch of dealers went crazy on the Micarta exclusives after the Cru-Carta feeding frenzy last year. It would be cool to see some Micarta Delicas, Enduras, Dragonflies, Natives, etc. It would be even cooler if they were Purple Micarta with DLC Cruwear! :D
I hear you guys. I'm sure the pm2/para3 fatigue is real for people who have been around a while. I've really wanted one in cruwear, especially dlc, so I was excited for this one. But I'd reeealy love to see some other models in this combo, including some less common ones. How about a Brouwer? A Smock? A Kapara? A Rhino? Those would all be amazing in this combo! Or resurrect and update some older models like the Rookie, the Domino, or the Lum Chinese.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yes Julia!! Models along those lines. I know Spyderco and nobody cares about my personal preferences, but I've already got multiples of my favorites from the Golden line. I find any knife being hard pressed to impress me more than the Rex45 and 4V Shaman/Manix...so I'm more interested in some other designs I'm not familiar with, that don't get much exclusive/sprint love. Something for a different niche!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I thought it was an impressive PM2. Cruwear, purple, @ blacked out blade. Having purchased 5 PM2's already this year I was able to pass on it. My decision never really mattered as I was running between meetings today when it dropped and never did have a chance to try to get one if I was interested. I'm in the fan club for an all blacked out version when they black out the blade; this I couldn't resist. I suspect a satin version will be coming soon.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Irked Particle

Post by Irked Particle »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm
Bamalt1 wrote:
I had to refresh a ton of times and had to add each knife to my cart one at a time to get them added to my cart. When I went to checkout, I kept getting an error for not being able to ship out of the country even though I had my Georgia address selected. Maybe it was seeing my ADO address and was throwing the error I don't know. After 12 minutes of fighting the site, I got my order to go through.

I got a weird shipping error at one point too. That was the craziest drop of any I've done. Glad I was able to score 2. After missing out on the DLC Cruwear Green Shaman (even though I don't like the smooth G10 to begin with) because of the crazy gong show of the Knife Joker drop, it felt like deja vu trying for this DLC Cruwear PM2 (even though I'm not a big PM2 fan). Now that I am the proud owner of two of these I guess I better force myself to learn to love the PM2!

Hopefully DLT turns this into a "family" given the popularity of the color/steel combo and increases the order size and gets the links worked out of the website/server. I did really like the "waiting room" style countdown timer as I think it does a good job of preventing bots that would typically be sitting around slamming the knife's webpage with requests. They will get it figured out eventually I'm sure.

Hey all! I believe this is my first post ever here on the forum, but I figured now's a good time to introduce myself. I'm a relatively new knife collector, but I've loved blades since I was a kid. Only in the past couple months have I started collecting more high-and knives. I started out mostly infatuated with Microtech OTFs, but for several salient reasons I've really been falling in love much more with Spyderco knives lately

I recently was lucky enough to be able to grab a Forest Green Para 3 S45VN when they dropped at SMKW, so next I figured I'd try at a Purple Cru-Wear PM2 when they released today. Had my calendar marked for a couple weeks. This would be my first attempt to buy a release that has such a frenzy to buy them all at once, being available at one vendor only. Reminds me of when people sit at their computer waiting for just the right moment to buy once-in-a-lifetime concert tickets when they go on sale.

Anyway, I also had a lot of trouble getting the DLT pages to load & allow me to progress to checkout. It's funny you mention it took you 12 minutes to finally get through, Bamalt1, because that's exactly how long it took my order to complete. I finished right at 12:12pm Eastern.

I've heard a few people say this was one of the tougher times getting through to purchase a sprint/exclusive, so I'm glad I was victorious. I feel bad for anyone who was ready at the right time & was still unable to complete their order before the knives sold out.

I'm super duper excited to see this PM2 in person, & from my experience with DLT Trading, their shipping speed is top-notch. I can't wait to see it sitting beside my BBS Blue & Black M390 PM2. I'm getting anxious just thinking about it, haha.

Just thought I'd add my thoughts here, so thanks for humoring me.

And hello everybody in Spyderco Forum Land! 😀
jBranam

Post by jBranam »

well they shipped them out fast :) it may actually be here later today... it is after 1AM and it is already in Hotlanta :) this is my first PM2 so i am kinda anxious... hope it feels as good in the hand as my PM3 cheers
Irked Particle

Post by Irked Particle »

jBranam wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:01 pm
well they shipped them out fast :) it may actually be here later today... it is after 1AM and it is already in Hotlanta :) this is my first PM2 so i am kinda anxious... hope it feels as good in the hand as my PM3 cheers
Yes, mine was set to arrive tomorrow, but I just got a notification this morning that it's expected today. DLT has always been fast for me in the past, but this is ridiculously fast! Two days, wow! 😀
AMarkAbove

Post by AMarkAbove »

I have to say, this is quite a good looking knife. I originally thought I'd be swapping the scales but now I'm not so sure.
~Andrew
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

AMarkAbove wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 am

I have to say, this is quite a good looking knife. I originally thought I'd be swapping the scales but now I'm not so sure.
The Cru-burgular looks great. I hope I can pick one of these up in the future.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Irked Particle wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm
Bamalt1 wrote:

Hey all! I believe this is my first post ever here on the forum, but I figured now's a good time to introduce myself. I'm a relatively new knife collector, but I've loved blades since I was a kid. Only in the past couple months have I started collecting more high-and knives. I started out mostly infatuated with Microtech OTFs, but for several salient reasons I've really been falling in love much more with Spyderco knives lately

I recently was lucky enough to be able to grab a Forest Green Para 3 S45VN when they dropped at SMKW, so next I figured I'd try at a Purple Cru-Wear PM2 when they released today. Had my calendar marked for a couple weeks. This would be my first attempt to buy a release that has such a frenzy to buy them all at once, being available at one vendor only. Reminds me of when people sit at their computer waiting for just the right moment to buy once-in-a-lifetime concert tickets when they go on sale.

Anyway, I also had a lot of trouble getting the DLT pages to load & allow me to progress to checkout. It's funny you mention it took you 12 minutes to finally get through, Bamalt1, because that's exactly how long it took my order to complete. I finished right at 12:12pm Eastern.

I've heard a few people say this was one of the tougher times getting through to purchase a sprint/exclusive, so I'm glad I was victorious. I feel bad for anyone who was ready at the right time & was still unable to complete their order before the knives sold out.

I'm super duper excited to see this PM2 in person, & from my experience with DLT Trading, their shipping speed is top-notch. I can't wait to see it sitting beside my BBS Blue & Black M390 PM2. I'm getting anxious just thinking about it, haha.

Just thought I'd add my thoughts here, so thanks for humoring me.

And hello everybody in Spyderco Forum Land! 😀
Welcome to the forum! Your scored a sweet one for your first pm2 - hope you love it!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Looks great in person and glad to be able to get some DLC cruwear, hope we see a Para 3 LW in the same configuration down the line.
Last edited by DTPrime on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Waaaahhhh :( Why is mine not coming until tomorrow?? I can't take the wait. Arrrrggghhh They look so good...arrrrggghhhh

Man do I love this combo. I so wish they would have coated the liners though. That would have been the ultimate. I would have definitely paid an extra $20 or $30 or whatever. I mean look at it this way. These things sell out in seconds (when the website can actually handle the traffic), and people are willing to shell out an extra $100 on the secondary market just to get their hands on one. If these sold for $210 at DLT with DLC liners it still would have sold out in record time, but it may have discouraged some scalpers. I can see not coating liners on the production versions to keep costs down, but on a premium exclusive they should go all out and coat the liners to make it look as good as possible.

Keep 'em coming, and please do this to the FRN Seki models ASAP. Endura would be my dream.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:49 pm
Yes Julia!! Models along those lines. I know Spyderco and nobody cares about my personal preferences, but I've already got multiples of my favorites from the Golden line. I find any knife being hard pressed to impress me more than the Rex45 and 4V Shaman/Manix...so I'm more interested in some other designs I'm not familiar with, that don't get much exclusive/sprint love. Something for a different niche!
Yeah I'm pretty much at that point too. I already have several PM2s and Para 3s in various flavors. I don't even carry the PM2s much these days. Don't get me wrong, they're great knives. That's why I still have them but I've been carrying others lately. I already have a PM2 and Para 3 in Cruwear. Not really a big fan of purple either. So this was an easy pass for me. Glad to see the enthusiasm of others who are picking these up though.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Such a great looking combo... I still don't like DLC, but I'll be getting one if they release it on the right model.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jBranam

Post by jBranam »

well the nearby hub held mine and will deliver on the morrow :( from the pic it sure looks nice

i know i am new here but how many comments do you have to post before they quit holding post for moderator approval? kinda ridiculous if you ask me

cheers