EDIT: Just WOW! FINALLY!! (Sal, may I ask: Any plans for an Endura (or Pac Salt) SE in FFG?)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

EDIT: Just WOW! FINALLY!! (Sal, may I ask: Any plans for an Endura (or Pac Salt) SE in FFG?)

Post by Wartstein »

EDIT 09.09.2020:

Hi Sal,

should you read this:

I can´t tell but perhaps you never replied in this thread cause you did not want to take away the great surprise that the latest reveal gifted to us!! :) :)

Anyway: Thanks so much for the FFG SE Pac Salt 2!!
Really my dream knife (just equally good as and actual Endura 4 in ffg SE would be) and at this point the end of my search for the perfect folder. THIS is it. Period.

When browsing through the forum, there really seems to be more and more appreciation for SE Spydies in full flat grind and their amazing performance.

So, Sal, may I ask:
Any plans for an Endura - or also Delica - in that configuration? I know, their wharnie-versions come in ffg SE, but not the "regular" ones (but only in sabre grind SE).

In my (layman!)-view it would not take too much effort (compared to creating a totally new model)
- Handle and blade are already there
- It would be "just" about grinding the same serration pattern the EndELa already has into an Endura- or Delica blade...

Maybe an SE ffg Endura could even be "marked" as kind of a "special edition" by giving it a unique handle color (dark red? Ivory like the straight spine Stretch sprint run?) - ?

Alternatively a Pac Salt in ffg SE would also be great, but would have to come in another steel (LC200N) than H1 as far as I know.
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Re: Sal, may I ask: Any plans for an Endura (or Pac Salt) SE in FFG?

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm with you! I'm still holding out hope for the rumored Toxic Green FFG LC200N Salt series. I'd like to see SE versions of this in the Pacific Salt and a Police LW Salt "Beach Patrol" edition! :D

I'll take an FFG SE LC200N Toxic Green Spyderhawk and Catcherman while we are at it. :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Higher

Post by Higher »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 pm
to be more and more appreciation for SE Spydies in full flat grind and their amazing performance.
I will join this
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 pm
I'm with you! .....
Higher wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 pm
I will join this
Thanks, guys!
From The US to Russia... I guess that almost qualifies as "worldwide support"... :D

(Assuming that you live in America, steelcity)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
vivi

Post by vivi »

I would purchase at least one of either, FFG SE Endura 4, or FFG SE Pacific Salt 2.

Once I came around to liking the Pacific Salt 2, the second thing I did was look for a FFG SE Endura 4. I was surprised there isn't one, but there is a wharncliffe FFG SE E4, and a saber ground regular SE Endura 4.

The SE Pacific Salt 2 is the best pocket knife I've tried, but a little extra cutting efficiency would be welcome!
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 am
I would purchase at least one of either, FFG SE Endura 4, or FFG SE Pacific Salt 2.

Once I came around to liking the Pacific Salt 2, the second thing I did was look for a FFG SE Endura 4. I was surprised there isn't one, but there is a wharncliffe FFG SE E4, and a saber ground regular SE Endura 4.

The SE Pacific Salt 2 is the best pocket knife I've tried, but a little extra cutting efficiency would be welcome!

I hoped and actually was pretty sure you´d be in, Vivi... ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Just for illustration: I have this old (and low quality) pic, comparing the Endela SE blade to the Endura PE blade:

An Endura SE ffg with the same serration pattern as the Endela SE could essentially have serrations over the whole length of the Endela blade PLUS about the same amount of PE section towards the tip that the Endela offers...

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'm in!

What I'd like to see is a FFG Pacific Salt SE in LC200N.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:18 am
I'm in!

I guess I have no real preferences here (or perhaps ever so slightly towards an SE ffg Endura over an SE ffg Pac Salt), but most people are with you when given the choice, at least according to this poll I started quite recently:
viewtopic.php?t=85896
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 am
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:18 am
I'm in!

I guess I have no real preferences here (or perhaps ever so slightly towards an SE ffg Endura over an SE ffg Pac Salt), but most people are with you when given the choice, at least according to this poll I started quite recently:
viewtopic.php?t=85896

I know it would be kind of redundant, but most sprints and exclusives are anyways so I'll throw this out there. What I'd REALLY like to see is an LC200N FFG SE Endura Salt. So yes, it would be very similar to the Pacific Salt 2, but it would have the pointier tip, and stainless (LC200N?) liners for added rigidity/beefiness. Maybe a good candidate for a Sprint or an Exclusive??

If we can get a Police LW Salt in FFG SE LC200N it would be similar to this, just a little bigger.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Count me in for more FFG SE!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

I wouldn't be opposed to a FFG SE Endura, actually, I would quite like one. I still need to get an SE Endela, but other things have been ending up in my shopping cart ahead of it :rolleyes:
Maybe that will have to be my next purchase :D
Justin :spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really hope the answer to this question comes in the form of a Rock Jumper XL with a 3.75-4 inch blade. If it also comes in a Salt/LC200N version that'll be even better.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:14 pm
I really hope the answer to this question comes in the form of a Rock Jumper XL with a 3.75-4 inch blade. If it also comes in a Salt/LC200N version that'll be even better.

That would be great and essentially the "backlock Caribbean" I´d really like to see (see this poll for example viewtopic.php?t=84657)!!

But what makes me ask for an Endura ffg SE here is that I reckon it should be rather easy to make:

- No going back to the drawing board, no new FRN molds and so on
- "Just" take the existing VG10 Endura exactly as it is and take it to the serration grinding wheel that cuts the serrations into the Endela- or Endura wharnie SE blade...

I figure Spyderco could just produce a run and see how it sells without much cost (for producing) involved...
As said maybe, but not necessarely, in some unique FRN color

I sure hope Sal will chime in here and give us a hint if this is somewhat realistic somewhen..
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

FFG SE checks all the right boxes, unless it would be too fragile, which I doubt. I'd love an Endura like this. A Pac Salt 2 also.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:02 am
FFG SE checks all the right boxes, unless it would be too fragile, which I doubt. I'd love an Endura like this. A Pac Salt 2 also.

I am sure it would not be too fragile in an Endura, since it essentially has just a slightly longer Endela blade, and the Endela SE works perfectly...

A Pac Salt 2 in ffg SE would be great either, but again, what maybe speaks for an Endura ffg SE:
It would be a lot easier and quicker to make for Spyderco I guess: While a Pac Salt 2 ffg SE would require a different blade in a different steel than the current one, an Endura ffg SE could be brought to life by "just" grinding the exact same serration pattern as Endela SE or Endura wharnie SE already have into the already existing Endura 4 model blade...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JustinB wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 pm
I wouldn't be opposed to a FFG SE Endura, actually, I would quite like one. I still need to get an SE Endela, but other things have been ending up in my shopping cart ahead of it :rolleyes:
Maybe that will have to be my next purchase :D

I don´t think you´d regret it... :rolleyes:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Just recalled Sal saying once that a Pacific Salt ffg in LC200N "is still in the plan" (viewtopic.php?t=81531#p1359717)

This was almost a year ago, but if still true: Maybe there is hope that THIS model will come in (ffg) SE. too...
(As said, as much as I want to see an Endura 4 in ffg SE, I don´t really care if it is linerless and in LC200N (Pac Salt-ish) or the original Endura 4 with teeth... (and liners and VG10)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Michael Janich himself recently said in a post on this forum (quote):
"...however, like all things Spyderco, if you really want something, keep asking for it here." (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87043&p=1437159#p1437159) ;)

Following that advice I allow myself to bump my question! :)

- Sal, maybe you could give us a hint if there is any chance for a serrated ffg Endura 4 or serrated ffg Pac Salt 2 ?

(Obviously I am not alone in really wanting to see such a model)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'll give you a bump! The Endura/Pac Salt 2 are the knives I have been carrying most these days. The three knives I really want most right now are a Cruwear Endura and an LC200N (both PE and SE) FFG "Endura Salt" or Pac Salt 2.