Blade HQ customer service

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Red

Blade HQ customer service

Post by Red »

Have any of you guys had issues with Blade HQ?

I ordered 2 knives Saturday, paid the next day air shipping that was $26 hoping they would come today. They didnt come with fedex, usps or ups today so I tried to call them but their voicemail said they are no longer taking calls for the Covid. I sent an email yesterday hoping for the tracking number but never heard back. I have never heard anything bad about them at all so thought I would give them a shot but it seems impossible to contact them. If anyone has a direct number, please pm me.

Normally not in a rush for anything but one of the knives is a birthday gift and the party is tonight. Thanks.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
TomAiello

Re: Blade HQ customer service

Post by TomAiello »

I've never paid for next day air shipping, but everything I've ordered from BHQ has come in a timely fashion.

It may help that the driving time from my house to their location is just a touch over 3 hours. Where are you located?

When I've had problems like this in the past (no response to phone or email) I've actually found that direct message on Instagram works really well. Most of the internet merchants are very active on Instagram. Looking, I see that they posted on Instagram an hour ago, so someone has to be watching their account there: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCoPfxSH-dH/
Red

Post by Red »

Thank you, thats a great idea. I am in Florida. I don't have any social media accounts but this may be a good excuse to jump into it and try. Always avoided social media but it seems almost a necessity these days.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

This should maybe be in Off-topic?

Many places are running skeleton crews and have stopped taking phone calls. Emails are delayed as well for the same reason. Hopefully they read and respond to your email today. FedEx has a notice about suspending the guarantee for all shipping options, including overnights. I assume all other shippers are in the same boat.

Good luck, I hope it works out.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Red

Post by Red »

Thanks for the info, that makes sense.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

If you created an account at BHQ when you placed your order you can login to check the status of the order and get the tracking info if it's already shipped.
-Turbo
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:00 pm
I've never paid for next day air shipping, but everything I've ordered from BHQ has come in a timely fashion.

It may help that the driving time from my house to their location is just a touch over 3 hours.

I've never sprung for next day air either, but over the past nine years I've had multiple experiences like yours with BHQ, and I'm pretty much on the other side of the country.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Red

Post by Red »

bbturbodad wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:15 pm
If you created an account at BHQ when you placed your order you can login to check the status of the order and get the tracking info if it's already shipped.
I checked out as guest. But I am sure its a skeleton crew there now same for the shippers also probably so will look for the package later in the week. I am glad to know you guys haven’t had any issues with them. Next time, I will set up an account.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

My last order with them was on Friday, June 5. I went with the Free Shipping. The knives were shipped the following Monday, and they arrived at my house on Wednesday.
Signalman1

Post by Signalman1 »

Hey Red sir a co worker's wife works for UPS and they are days behind with every order they handle. Even next day air.

I ordered a car part on line from a business that was about 150 miles away and it took 4 days for me to get it. :eek:

You will be fine.

Signalman :mad: :) :D
Red

Post by Red »

No worries and thanks for the info, I am sure thats probably whats going on. I grabbed a bottle of scotch for buddies birthday gift, will keep the blade for myself when it does come👍
pdixon

Post by pdixon »

I’ve placed 3 or four orders this month and when I monitor them they seem to sit and ‘process’ for a day or two before payment clears and then they’re shipped.

I do think covid is the issue, fewer staff etc. Contact their customer services teams, hopefully the very least they can do is refund the shipping for you.

Waiting for knives is so frustrating! I’m on the other side of the world to Blade HQ, but they’ve always delivered :)
Red

Post by Red »

I just checked and the payment cleared Saturday but I can’t contact them. They dont have phone support due to Covid and didn't respond to my email from yesterday yet but I didnt even think about them and the shippers being on skeleton crew due to the Covid like someone mentioned here. Its really my fault. I should have thought about that before I paid for the next day air. The Covid is affecting everything and its something they can’t really control.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Red wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm
No worries and thanks for the info, I am sure thats probably whats going on. I grabbed a bottle of scotch for buddies birthday gift, will keep the blade for myself when it does come👍
Win-win!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Red

Post by Red »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm
Red wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm
Win-win!
Ha, exactly!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Red wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:22 pm
I checked out as guest. But I am sure its a skeleton crew there now same for the shippers also probably so will look for the package later in the week. I am glad to know you guys haven’t had any issues with them. Next time, I will set up an account.
Definitely make an account. It's super useful if you're a knife addict. It helps you track your purchases. I do it everywhere I buy knives. That's especially true for places with loyalty programs.

I know that I've talked to one retailer that actually tracked accounts and found the customers who were buying more, to give them an idea who their best customers were. They then used this information to prioritize the list for an exclusive (favoring people who were repeat customers, by letting only those people pre-order the exclusive--everyone else had to scramble for it when it dropped). I actually thought that was a great idea, because no flipper is going to buy a bunch of non-flippable knives just to get to the front of the pre-order line, which means their exclusive had a much higher chance of going to real customers, rather than ending up on eBay.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Just as a shoutout, the guys at Blade HQ went above and beyond to help me snag a Copper PM2.

I didn't end up getting one. But, that was due to health complications on my end and had nothing to do with them. A+ for effort.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I've always had good experiences with BHQ's customers service (including one time when they went totally above and beyond to make me happy). I have always contacted them by email. Sometimes their shipping isn't the fastest (not everyone can be DLT - holy moley those guys are fast), but I've never felt like it was unreasonably slow. And of course we have to cut everyone some extra slack during these crazy times.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Red:
I'm sorry you're having a challenge with your order, but since this isn't pertaining to Spyderco, I'm going to move this thread into our Off-Topic area. I hope you find a quick resolution.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

There’s been a lot of negative experiences with them lately according to different people over on BF. Growing pains maybe? I’ve never been to fond of them, plus their are MANY excellent dealers out their to choose from!
Josh