Endela or Manix 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Endela or Manix 2

Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Endela
14
25%
Manix 2
24
43%
Manix 2 LW
13
23%
Manix 2 backlock
5
9%
 
Total votes: 56

dan31
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:15 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby dan31 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:08 pm

I'm carrying my Endela SE everyday. If you try the SE it will grow on you. It has a nice section of PE near the tip that has that chisel grind. The handle is very adaptable to several different grip styles.
Last edited by dan31 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm

dan31 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:08 pm
I'm carrying my Endela SE everyday. If you try the SE it will grow on you. It has a nice section of RE near the tip that has that chisel grind. The handle is very adaptable to several different grip styles.
Well said. :)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:35 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:26 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 am
I have never seen an Endela, much less held one, and now the Rock Jumper is coming. But, as much as I love, I mean, love the Manix 2 LW and Backlock, I have put an Endela in my cart, taken it out, and put it back a dozen or more times. I think it would carry nice and slim and I love Spyderco's mid backlock. Sal seems to think he has fixed the issue with the finger bump thing hitting the finger in the wrong place and I'd love to test this out with my dainty little 2XL hands.

IF you have issues with the Endura handle (= the finger bumps are in the wrong places for you), I am not 100% positive you´ll find the Endela handle to be a vast improvement.

I can´t really estimate that, since I personally love both the Endura and Endela ergos

But: The Endela handle is shaped exactly like the Enduras, with three exeptions:
1.) The Endela handle is a bit shortened at the very the rear end (so it misses a part of the Endura handle that I personally hardly ever use anyway)
2.) The parts between the ""points" of the fingerguards are a bit wider, which leads to:
3.) The "points" between the fingerguards are less "pointyr"

BUT: They are still there and at the exact same place as in the Endura handle...

You really have to try for yourself! :D
Thanks. I do need to handle one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 am
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:03 am
I would love to get an Endela in hand.

As for the BD1N, it is a fine steel. I have no complaints so far. I do not know if it is actually better than VG-10. When I first started using it I thought the same thing. Now, with more experience, I am a bit more cautious and I will say it is at least as good as VG-10, which is pretty good in my book. However, the Endela has a FFG Serrated edge. I wonder how well that would hold up in BD1N. In the regular chisel ground serrated edge it does really well and I have given three knives a real workout to show it. It rolls, not chips, it seems. I have had zero issue working out some flat spots (cutting on a plate for a while). I do like it.

- Doc, one question: What do you mean by "regular chisel ground serrated edge"? The Endela DOES come in this exact configuration, so a fictional BD1N Endela SE (or Manix 2 LW SE) should do very well?
I do not know what I meant. I meant to say that the Ffg Endela in VG-10 should hold up very well, as does BD1N on my ZCuts in ffg. But I wonder how well it would hold up in a thicker blade like the Endela.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:31 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 am
I have never seen an Endela, much less held one, and now the Rock Jumper is coming. But, as much as I love, I mean, love the Manix 2 LW and Backlock, I have put an Endela in my cart, taken it out, and put it back a dozen or more times. I think it would carry nice and slim and I love Spyderco's mid backlock. Sal seems to think he has fixed the issue with the finger bump thing hitting the finger in the wrong place and I'd love to test this out with my dainty little 2XL hands.
I would love to see what he comes up with. But, as of now, the Endela has the exact same issue the Endura has, regarding the grip shape.

The Rockjumper's handle is the solution in my book. Can't wait for it, I'll be buying it day one.
Yes, the RJ seems to be a well designed knife. I will certainly be getting one and a Leaf Jumper if the RJ is as good as I think it will be.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 am

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:31 am
manix 2 g10, LOVE THE CBBL, and because the lw is blade heavy and i dont care for the cheap feeling plastic and i hate lockbacks and cheap feeling plastic, well honestly just about hate all back locks or mid locks.

I know we´ve discussed this in the past already, my friend.. ;)

But it still puzzles me how strongly you quite often word your dislike for backlocks - you must really, well, as you say, "hate" them. Don´t get me wrong, that´s ok of course (since backlocks are just "things" and not hurt by that, nor is anyone else ;) ), but I wonder if you meanwhile gave a good backlock a fair try over a longer period of time?
I just can´t imagine for myself that I´d literally "hate" one of Spydercos locktypes (in fact I really like all that I´ve tried, just still have preferences among them) and so I am just curious.
Sure, a backlock takes more "getting used to"- time than CBBL, comp.-,liner-, and frame lock imo, but then it is a very versatile, safe and in several different "methods" quite easily and safely (even with "all fingers out of the blade path") to operate lock that also offers that nice, smooth closed back (which can be a pro for some, and con for others of course!).

Again, no offense meant (!), I am just curious!
And I generally nunderstand how one can dislike features on a folder: For me for example it is deep carry clips on longer folders, though I still would not say I literally "hate" those.
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

BornIn1500
Member
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby BornIn1500 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm

I’ve never held an Endela with its CQI modified handle
The Endela just came out and it already got a CQI change? That's strange

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am

BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm

I’ve never held an Endela with its CQI modified handle
The Endela just came out and it already got a CQI change? That's strange

I think Doc meant the slight changes from the EndURa to the EndELa handle... (mellowed out finger grooves).
The Endela itself certainly got no cqi yet (and would not need one at all imho... ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
rabbitanarchy14
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 am
Location: Michigan, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 am

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:31 am
manix 2 g10, LOVE THE CBBL, and because the lw is blade heavy and i dont care for the cheap feeling plastic and i hate lockbacks and cheap feeling plastic, well honestly just about hate all back locks or mid locks.

I know we´ve discussed this in the past already, my friend.. ;)

But it still puzzles me how strongly you quite often word your dislike for backlocks - you must really, well, as you say, "hate" them. Don´t get me wrong, that´s ok of course (since backlocks are just "things" and not hurt by that, nor is anyone else ;) ), but I wonder if you meanwhile gave a good backlock a fair try over a longer period of time?
I just can´t imagine for myself that I´d literally "hate" one of Spydercos locktypes (in fact I really like all that I´ve tried, just still have preferences among them) and so I am just curious.
Sure, a backlock takes more "getting used to"- time than CBBL, comp.-,liner-, and frame lock imo, but then it is a very versatile, safe and in several different "methods" quite easily and safely (even with "all fingers out of the blade path") to operate lock that also offers that nice, smooth closed back (which can be a pro for some, and con for others of course!).

Again, no offense meant (!), I am just curious!
And I generally nunderstand how one can dislike features on a folder: For me for example it is deep carry clips on longer folders, though I still would not say I literally "hate" those.
i dont hate a spyderco lock, i hate backlocks. i am very proficient with them but also means nothing to me. i have owned tons of buck and kershaw and many other lockbacks including a delica and manbug. carried the delica for over a year because of spydercos philosophy about how they love lockbacks. nope after a year of carrying just a delica i hated the lockback even more. they bite if you dont watch when you close them, you have to manipulate it too much for me. nope there has never been even a single redeeming feature of a lockback for my use. and saying it is the strongest lock means nothing to me when its not a prybar.
192.168.0.1 - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM 2 M390 DLC BL, PM 2 K390 RG, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - D'allara 3, Techno 2 w/G10

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:59 am

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:31 am
i dont hate a spyderco lock, i hate backlocks. i am very proficient with them but also means nothing to me. i have owned tons of buck and kershaw and many other lockbacks including a delica and manbug. carried the delica for over a year because of spydercos philosophy about how they love lockbacks. nope after a year of carrying just a delica i hated the lockback even more. they bite if you dont watch when you close them, you have to manipulate it too much for me. nope there has never been even a single redeeming feature of a lockback for my use. and saying it is the strongest lock means nothing to me when its not a prybar.
Thanks for your reply! :)

I don´t know if and don´t say that the backlock is the "strongest lock". Does not matter to me, since all Spyderco locktypes are strong enough in my use.

I certainly don´t mean to turn this thread into a(nother) backlock discussion and it is as said totally fine if you don´t like this lock!
But with all due respect and without meaning to be offensive: If after years of carrying backlock knives they still (quote) "bite you if you don´t watch when you close them" you can´t be (quote) "very proficient with them" but must have done something wrong.

I feel it is important (if talking knives is "important" at all... ;)) to say this for people maybe new to this forum or backlocks, since there still are some negative myths and misconceptions out there:
I have used and use backlocks a lot, and never got bitten by one, even when I was new to them.
In my experience no lock Spyderco uses "will bite you", but backlocks are the locktype where this is even the least likely (for me, ymmv of course!)

My reasoning for that:
1.) Backlocks can be closed with all fingers always out of the blade path just as well as comp.lock or CBBL (though it might take a bit more getting used to) (See my old vid for that:
https://streamable.com/j7fjd)
2.) Spyderco Backlocks are very unlikely to "bite you" because:
a) the choil or Ricasso they almost always feature (and which you can let drop on your forefonger safely)
b) they remain very stable and "unfloppy" in the half closed position, which allows for subsequent, very safe and fast closing methods (see two more old vids:
https://streamable.com/bhhzs
https://streamable.com/myzlt )
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4230
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 am

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:59 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:31 am
i dont hate a spyderco lock, i hate backlocks. i am very proficient with them but also means nothing to me. i have owned tons of buck and kershaw and many other lockbacks including a delica and manbug. carried the delica for over a year because of spydercos philosophy about how they love lockbacks. nope after a year of carrying just a delica i hated the lockback even more. they bite if you dont watch when you close them, you have to manipulate it too much for me. nope there has never been even a single redeeming feature of a lockback for my use. and saying it is the strongest lock means nothing to me when its not a prybar.
Thanks for your reply! :)

I don´t know if and don´t say that the backlock is the "strongest lock". Does not matter to me, since all Spyderco locktypes are strong enough in my use.

I certainly don´t mean to turn this thread into a(nother) backlock discussion and it is as said totally fine if you don´t like this lock!
But with all due respect and without meaning to be offensive: If after years of carrying backlock knives they still (quote) "bite you if you don´t watch when you close them" you can´t be (quote) "very proficient with them" but must have done something wrong.

I feel it is important (if talking knives is "important" at all... ;)) to say this for people maybe new to this forum or backlocks, since there still are some negative myths and misconceptions out there:
I have used and use backlocks a lot, and never got bitten by one, even when I was new to them.
In my experience no lock Spyderco uses "will bite you", but backlocks are the locktype where this is even the least likely (for me, ymmv of course!)

My reasoning for that:
1.) Backlocks can be closed with all fingers always out of the blade path just as well as comp.lock or CBBL (though it might take a bit more getting used to) (See my old vid for that:
https://streamable.com/j7fjd)
2.) Spyderco Backlocks are very unlikely to "bite you" because:
a) the choil or Ricasso they almost always feature (and which you can let drop on your forefonger safely)
b) they remain very stable and "unfloppy" in the half closed position, which allows for subsequent, very safe and fast closing methods (see two more old vids:
https://streamable.com/bhhzs
https://streamable.com/myzlt )

Great points Wartstein! I myself carry backlocks pretty much exclusively now. When the Cruwear Delica and GITD Delica came out last year I carried that daily until the Teal Endura came out and I bought that as my first Endura. Then I bought an orange VG-10 Endura and the new Pacific Salt 2. I rotate between these 5 knives for EDC 99% of the time now. My Manixes sit in my drawer now. I use them, but I don't EDC them.

The backlock on Spydercos is fantastic and keeps getting better. The Pacific Salt 2 is phenomenal, as is the Native LW. I agree that if you are getting bit by a backlock after a year of carrying it is due to a lack of proficiency. I was bit when I was new to knives, but I immediately understood why, and was never bit again. The compression lock however has bit me too many times and I gave up on it. The Para 3 LW I had partially opened in my pocket on numerous occasions and bit me a few times as I reached into my pocket. I am not sure what I could have done to prevent this. It was carrying tip-up using the factory clip. I think my movement would could the fabric of my shorts to press into the lock tab and allow the blade to release and partially open leaving the tip slightly exposed. It did this enough times to where I swore off the compression lock and sold all of mine. I no longer have any compression lock knives. There are more than enough backlocks in the lineup to keep my interest so no big deal. I'll be grabbing one or both Endelas soon and a Police LW and Straight Spine Stretch in Cruwear would be insta-buys for me.

One last thing, FRN is NOT "cheap plastic". It feels great in my hands, provides all of the grip I crave without being too sharp or causing blisters or hot spots, and it pretty much indestructible. It is my handle material of choice. The backlock FRN Seki knives are my favorite knives in the Spyderco lineup. They make up the majority of my current collection, and they are the majority of what is still on my want list.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
kennethsime
Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby kennethsime » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 am

This is a tough one for me. I don't have an Endela, and the Manix 2 LW is definitely not my favorite Spyderco (though it is growing on me).

Generally, I prefer the palm swell handles to the "points" handles. I do like how strong & light the Manix 2 LW feels. The CBBL still feels a bit awkward, but the tight lockup is nice.

The Endela seems like a great knife, but I think it's pretty much a moot point since I have a Stretch. I realize they are two different knives, but I prefer both the handle and blade shape of the Stretch. I sure am excited for the Leaf Jumper.

If I had to pick between the two, it'd be the Manix 2 LW.
Lost to the Ages: C90GRE Stretch 1 ZDP-189 British Racing Green | C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C12BK2W Matriarch 2 VG-10 Emerson Open | C81G2 Para Military 2 S30V

Currently Rotating: C81GPRGR2 Para Military 2 K390 Ranger Green | C223GPRGR Para 3 K390 Ranger Green
C90FPIV2 Stretch 2 Straight Spine, VG-10 Rit Dye'd Dark Apple Green | C223GP Para 3 S30V Green Canvas Micarta
C41BORE5 Native 5 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange | C223BORE Para 3 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange
C101GY2 Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet Gray | C28GFG Dragonfly VG-10 Foliage Green
MT27 Mule Team 27 Micro-Melt PD#1 Ranger Green | C36GPGR Military 204p Dark Green

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Doc Dan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am
BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm

I’ve never held an Endela with its CQI modified handle
The Endela just came out and it already got a CQI change? That's strange

I think Doc meant the slight changes from the EndURa to the EndELa handle... (mellowed out finger grooves).
The Endela itself certainly got no cqi yet (and would not need one at all imho... ;) )
Yes, that is correct.

I am curious as I think the forward finger choil/divot is wider than the Endura. Isn't that correct?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am
BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm
...

I am curious as I think the forward finger choil/divot is wider than the Endura. Isn't that correct?
I am afraid it's not. Just the points between the finger grooves are less "pointy" on the Endela...

Image
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Pancake » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am
...
I know it's off topic, but would you be so nice and take a picture of Manix and Stretch side by side?
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
On belt: Waterway

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 am

Pancake wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am
...
I know it's off topic, but would you be so nice and take a picture of Manix and Stretch side by side?
Sure!
But keep in mind: I only have several Stretch ONE, non current Stretch TWO!
The Stretch TWO would be closer in it's dimensions to the Manix (in fact really similar), while the "1" is a lot more compact when closed, but still offering more blade and especially cutting edge than the Manix.

Pic: Manix, Stretch 1, Endela lined up at the start of the cutting edge

To be seen what´s cool on the Stretch 1:

Very compact handle-/closed size
Still a bit more grip area on the handle than the Manix (not the Endela though)
Still offers more edge to work with then the other two knives.

Image
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
anycal
Member
Posts: 1592
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: California

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby anycal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:02 am

Pancake wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am
...
I know it's off topic, but would you be so nice and take a picture of Manix and Stretch side by side?


Image
Peter

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6887
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:13 am

anycal wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:02 am
Pancake wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am
...
I know it's off topic, but would you be so nice and take a picture of Manix and Stretch side by side?

Great!
I could not provide a Stretch 2 in my pic above... on yours Pancake can see, that Stretch TWO (not one) and Manix are really very similar in size.. with a slight edge when it comes to "edge" to the Stretch... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby Pancake » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Thank you anycal and Warstein. It really put some thing into a better perspective.

I hope that we get a straight spine Stretch once more in the future.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
On belt: Waterway

cycleguy
Member
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Location: Arvada, coloRADo

Re: Endela or Manix 2?

Postby cycleguy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:18 pm

I"D LIKE TO SEE A MANIX 2 LW BACKLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jensh, Ratamaque, Ric, vvs and 28 guests