BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gbcaffee

Re: BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Post by gbcaffee »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:19 pm
gbcaffee wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:16 pm
I’m digging the Satin with Sapphire Blue Rit dye job.
That's awesome!
Thanks! I'm new to Spyderco and RIT dye and dyed my Caribbean Sapphire Blue so decided to do this one while I had the dye going. I really like the color and translucent look.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Ooh that does look good! My jade para 3 scales are in the box. I’d love it if I could get a translucent forest green out of them.
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 pm
Ooh that does look good! My jade para 3 scales are in the box. I’d love it if I could get a translucent forest green out of them.
Worth giving it a shot! The jade takes color very well!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Mine just showed up. This is the first Manix 2 XL that I have owned but the lock seems awfully difficult/stiff to unlock and the knife clicks while opening. Is this normal? I guess this probably was a return to BladeHQ...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Freediver wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 pm
Mine just showed up. This is the first Manix 2 XL that I have owned but the lock seems awfully difficult/stiff to unlock and the knife clicks while opening. Is this normal? I guess this probably was a return to BladeHQ...
Mine has a barely audible click when I open it, scarcely noticeable, but the lock is no stiffer than a typical new Manix. Sometimes they're a little stiff when new and loosen up after being used a bit. There shouldn't be any noise or binding when you pull back the ball cage to close the blade.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Freediver wrote:
Both my xl and my regular manix 2 click. It doesn't affect anything. The lock can be stiff at first. You get used to it, and it breaks in a little and gets easier. I can operate mine with just my thumb if I want.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:12 am
Freediver wrote:
Mine has a barely audible click when I open it, scarcely noticeable, but the lock is no stiffer than a typical new Manix. Sometimes they're a little stiff when new and loosen up after being used a bit. There shouldn't be any noise or binding when you pull back the ball cage to close the blade.

Both of mine have a slight click. I don't think it is anything to worry about. Just adjust the pivot screw to dial in the stiffness to your liking. I adjust the pivot on every knife I get until it is just right for me.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I just oiled it up and into the pocket it went. I’m really liking the ergonomics on this one.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Got mine in. Nothing wrong with this one. Flicks open and drops closed.
Don't mind the drop on the ball lock knives since your fingers are out of the way.

The jade G10 looks not unlike the various grey G10 scales with a slight pastel green touch. Not as bad as I expected. Should be a thing of beauty once it gets good and dirty. Glad I got the satin one for a work knife.

It really surprises me how well such a large knife carries in your front pocket. Probably due to the placement of the clip, and the good curve of the spine of the handle.

Ergos are great if you like big knives. Very comfortable, only edged out by the Military IMHO.

The Manix2 is a nice knife, but the XL is just so much more comfortable. Glad I got the second chance on this one.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

4B6AAA1E-D19D-46C8-AE3B-23A35CE57C43.jpeg
Laulau and M4. Life is good.