What’s the Next Hype Knife to Look Out for?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: What’s the Next Hype Knife to Look Out for?

Post by VashHash »

The Kris sprint run :eek: :D

I can dream.
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

A lot of Rockjumper lovers in the forums and on this thread. Is it more of a crosstrek/hiking/outdoor knife or self defense? Anyone know the exact design origin for the knife?
"stay puft."
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:45 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm
The REC PM2 will probably break their site.
Oh good call. I keep forgetting about that one. I did see an update from them the other day - apparently spyderco is still working on getting the pvd just right. So still no eta.
It was in a Spyderbyte the other day, that's how I remembered.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

I am really hoping a Lil Native FRN Salt and/or Yojimbo 2 Rex knife comes out at some point!
"stay puft."
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

marshmallow wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 pm
A lot of Rockjumper lovers in the forums and on this thread. Is it more of a crosstrek/hiking/outdoor knife or self defense? Anyone know the exact design origin for the knife?
It was designed with rock climbers in mind, iirc.

Oh also, the s45vn para 3 sprint is still due. That'll go fast, no doubt.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

The hype is generated first in the forums by AFIs, so you all have your work set out for you. I really wish everyone would chill a bit. Hype is like a wiggling minnow to the barracuda flippers. They'll snap up everything that gets heavily hyped.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
pdixon

Post by pdixon »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm
The REC PM2 will probably break their site.
This is the one I’m waiting for ^

I didn’t buy the blade HQ copper PM2 for that reason

I wish preorders were a thing, I’d happily pay the money just to be sure I got one
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I don't have my YoJumbo yet!!! Plus, the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Nightstick Boot Knife. I think they are both pretty nice.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Danke wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm
It's going to bee a copper Shaman in damascus steel.

Just kidding, that would be crazy though.
Eric said the copper pm2 was such a hassle because they had to be very careful to not let the copper patina, which happens almost instantly. Real PITA. He said he would rather not do another copper anything anytime soon! Haha!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Christian Noble

Post by Christian Noble »

Might be more hype across the pond than here, but there was a thread (sorry can't find) with interest in a UKPK Salt sprint-run.

If I could ever get back to traveling, I'd be very interested.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:44 pm
The hype is generated first in the forums by AFIs, so you all have your work set out for you. I really wish everyone would chill a bit. Hype is like a wiggling minnow to the barracuda flippers. They'll snap up everything that gets heavily hyped.
Unfortunately it also seems to be hype on the forums that lets dealers know what kind of exclusives to order, so without the noise and excitement here, the knives we want don't get made. Kind of a catch 22.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm
I don't have my YoJumbo yet!!! Plus, the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Nightstick Boot Knife. I think they are both pretty nice.
I can't tell you how much I want to actually carry a boot knife in my tall boots! I'm not sure the Nightstick will actually carry well that way, though, but some day I'll have a real boot knife. :p
- Julia

BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I’m looking forward to the SpyOpera release..
JohnDoe99

Post by JohnDoe99 »

marshmallow wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am
Been a wild last month with some great buys. What’s the next hyped knife to look out for so we can begin budgeting? :D
What is the chance of more PM2s in REX45?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm
Naperville wrote:
I can't tell you how much I want to actually carry a boot knife in my tall boots! I'm not sure the Nightstick will actually carry well that way, though, but some day I'll have a real boot knife. :p
I'm still trying to build a dagger carry system.... I need at least 4 daggers for the system. :cool: There would be 2 daggers in the front, and 2 in the back laying horizontally - one knife handle out to each side. I need to have the rear carrier made for me out of Kydex to wear in the middle of my back.

I have a few dagger sets (2 knives ea) but no 4 dagger knife sets. I was going to do it with the RMJ Raider Dagger(have 2 so far), or the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Nightstick....but I'd have to buy 4 knives. :D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Smooth FRN Lightweight Lil Native
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm looking forward to the Rex 45 Native Chief (to try the Chief out), the Sun and Moon Chaparral, and the Rockjumper. I'm not sure I'd call them 'hype' knives, though. Maybe the Chief will turn out that way?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 pm
I'm looking forward to the Rex 45 Native Chief (to try the Chief out), the Sun and Moon Chaparral, and the Rockjumper. I'm not sure I'd call them 'hype' knives, though. Maybe the Chief will turn out that way?
We really think alike on that... :)

I listed the Rockjumper (SE for me) and Sun and moon Chap in my previous post already, but actually I am very interested in the Chief as a model and REX 45 as a steel (since it is similar to HAP 40, which I love) too...

Perhaps I should try to get a burnt orange Chief (btw, I really like that COLOR too! :) ) when it gets released... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

In Spyderco forum I learned, that next hype knife will be old news the second new Reveal comes out :D

Edit: not sure why there is little talk about K390 Endura line.....K390 Endura sounds very pleasing, but so the Military 2
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm
Naperville wrote:
I'm still trying to build a dagger carry system.... I need at least 4 daggers for the system. :cool: There would be 2 daggers in the front, and 2 in the back laying horizontally - one knife handle out to each side. I need to have the rear carrier made for me out of Kydex to wear in the middle of my back.

I have a few dagger sets (2 knives ea) but no 4 dagger knife sets. I was going to do it with the RMJ Raider Dagger(have 2 so far), or the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Nightstick....but I'd have to buy 4 knives. :D
That could be a cool setup with throwing knives, too!
- Julia