Blade HQ copper rex45 pm2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CXXX

Re: Blade HQ copper rex45 pm2

Post by CXXX »

duplicate
Signalman1

Post by Signalman1 »

I was surprised that I got notified by Blade HQ for one of theses knives and I did not even ask to be informed. Which was cool for me...I hope all you members out there who want one get one. :)

Signalman1 :mad: :) :D
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I never get any notifications from dealers, until the stuff is gone.

I stopped trying on that front, I just try to keep my eyes peeled here. Didn't work this time.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm

I stopped trying on that front, I just try to keep my eyes peeled here. Didn't work this time.
To be fair to BHQ, they did announce in advance exactly when the knives would be available to purchase.
Signalman1

Post by Signalman1 »

Sumdumguy wrote:

Sir I know how you feel I ask Blade HQ, DLT and Knife Center to notify me when the Shaman Rex 45 was going to be out and I missed all three of their notifications in one stinking day...:mad: I was told any day now and I spent all day looking every five minutes trying to go from site to site and looking at my Emails which drove me crazy because I could not get any work done and when I stopped looking for a short time...that is when I got notified :( I just could not handle it any more. I should have stayed right here...one place and hundreds of watchers...live and learn.

So I found other places where it had not shown up yet and called them asking all the questions like when do they expect them, what day they get their shipments in and about what time of day and I called them every day until I got one. :D

Signalman1 :mad: :) :D
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

never received an email but apparently it shipped yesterday. check your order status on the site if you haven't received a shipping notification.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Rinzler wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:

To be fair to BHQ, they did announce in advance exactly when the knives would be available to purchase.
Where exactly did bladehq officially announce this exclusive? If I hadn't seen this thread, I would have missed it.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I was just told by a collector club member that these scales were made by flytanium. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: this has been confirmed to be untrue. I’d delete my comment so as to not add confusion but it’s already been quoted.

These scales were NOT made by Flytanium.
Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:35 pm
I was just told by a collector club member that these scales were made by flytanium. Can anyone confirm?
In a YouTube video, Eric specifically talks about how difficult it was to manufacture these scales. If I remember correctly, it's near the end.

https://youtu.be/4xc0bkr8kTw?t=145
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
I don't have any of their scales, do they put any kind of makers/identifying mark on their products? I suppose it's possible but they would definitely be a custom run. They look thicker than the standard flytanium copper scales, and no liners/drilled for tip up/down left and right.

Flytanium

Solid copper PM2
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
I very highly doubt that Spyderco would put Chinese garbage on a knife coming out of the Golden facility.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
In a YouTube video, Eric specifically talks about how difficult it was to manufacture these scales. If I remember correctly, it's near the end.

https://youtu.be/4xc0bkr8kTw?t=145

Yeah that’s why I was so confused. The CC Member just retracted his comment. Disregard.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Rinzler wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

Where exactly did bladehq officially announce this exclusive? If I hadn't seen this thread, I would have missed it.
It was in the BHQ product page for these and on BHQ’s social media. It was also verbally given in the BHQ/Eric video from last week. It seems they advertised it pretty good.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Fwiw pretty sure flytanium is US owned, manufactured in china perhaps but excellent quality. Also believe the owner/operator has ties to bladehq, an employee or ex employee or something.
They wouldn’t be flytanium scales based on what eric mentioned about the partial liners as the flytanium ones are made to fit full factory liners. I also wonder if they used raw copper rather than a more expensive, but easier machining beryllium copper alloy, based on comments.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Rinzler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 pm
SSD_777 wrote:
Rinzler wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

It was in the BHQ product page for these and on BHQ’s social media. It was also verbally given in the BHQ/Eric video from last week. It seems they advertised it pretty good.
Not everybody lives on the bladehq website, or on social media. Previous exclusives were marketed through an email that bladehq sent out to their registered users. The video was only released 4 days prior to on sale date. If JuPaul hadn't started this thread I'm certain a lot of people wouldn't have known about it. In my opinion the marketing on this release was subpar.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm
In my opinion the marketing on this release was subpar.
Because the product didn't sell and now Spyderco/BHQ is stuck with them?
I think I know what you're getting at, but at this point I don't blame Spyderco/BHQ at all for any of the hiccups and quirks in availability. We're the ones who ask for these kinds of collectibles, and it is not a game everyone can win. If it were easier to find out about them, they would sell out even faster.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm
Rinzler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 pm
SSD_777 wrote:
Rinzler wrote:

Not everybody lives on the bladehq website, or on social media. Previous exclusives were marketed through an email that bladehq sent out to their registered users. The video was only released 4 days prior to on sale date. If JuPaul hadn't started this thread I'm certain a lot of people wouldn't have known about it. In my opinion the marketing on this release was subpar.
From the perspective of sales their marketing was beyond adequate. They killed it.

You do have a valid point though, as many, including myself, don’t constantly check the world wide internoughts to see when something they don’t even know exists is about to drop. There’s many knives that others have, which I don’t. Being in the right place at the right time decides who gets lucky and who doesn’t when it comes to limited product in high demand.
Danke

Post by Danke »

I saw the Blade HQ new Sypderco video in my notification feed on June 26th & saw the copper PM2 at the end.

Then I got a surprise email from Blade HQ on June 28th titled The Spyderco Knife You Don't Want To Miss with the release details.

Then I saw it in the Syderco Byte email on June 29th.

As this was developing there were also discussions popping up on Blade Forums and here.

None of the stuff I got felt like marketing hype. So yes maybe they kept the marketing guys in the back room this time around.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Danke wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 pm
Hey Danke, off topic but are you wearing the wrong trousers? :p :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

SSD_777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:08 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
I very highly doubt that Spyderco would put Chinese garbage on a knife coming out of the Golden facility.
As opposed to the Sharpmaker, the Byrd line, and cheaper Spyderco-branded knives that come from China? I’m sure those are kept far, far away from the Golden facility.