Chapparal LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Re: Chapparal LW

Post by MichaelScott »

You wire clip haters are hilarious. Hate a knife because of the pocket clip? It is a knife not a device to hang your favorite clip on. Take it off. Replace it. That’s why it is removable.

You are like the people who won’t consider a Military because they “only carry tip up.” Sal designed it so that when it its drawn the handle falls naturally to hand and the Spydie hole is under your thumb, ready to open.

You are welcome to your opinions of course. I merely find them amusing.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I liked this knife...for awhile. But I ended up finding it to be a bit too thin for preferences over time. Certainly not a bad knife, it's a wonderful design but just wasn't for me.

I also couldn't stand the wire clip. Which lost retention in just a few months. Personally I think it would be better suited with shorter clip that the Dragonfly uses, better retention.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 am
You wire clip haters are hilarious. Hate a knife because of the pocket clip? It is a knife not a device to hang your favorite clip on. Take it off. Replace it. That’s why it is removable.
When I wrote something about hating it?
Wire clip is a answer to a question that doesn't exist for me. Manix 2 with spoon clip is sticking 15 mm out of my pocket. That is nothing. I don't need ultra deep cary clips.

I would be completely fine with wire clip, if it was made from thicker wire and it would not lose the tension. Clip should held knife securely in pocket, and my clip is only so so tight.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Pancake, don’t take it personally, unless the clip fits.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 am

You are like the people who won’t consider a Military because they “only carry tip up.” Sal designed it so that when it its drawn the handle falls naturally to hand and the Spydie hole is under your thumb, ready to open.
Tip down doesn't work for me in front right pocket. Works in back right pocket but I don't carry anything behind me, not a knife, gun, or money.
Good thing spyderco has made hundreds of different knives so everyone can find something that works best for their needs. Bring on the Military 2!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb