Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
DaHolla

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by DaHolla »

I just purchased this used Civilian and am wondering if it is genuine. I don’t know if anyone can tell by these pictures but I would greatly appreciate any opinions. It was an eBay purchase from a reputable seller. It doesn’t have any paper work or pouch. I know I took a risk but what’s done is done. Thoughts?
Attachments
24F3FA1C-D6F8-44F5-B1E3-7E67D004C71C.jpeg
D25BB5E3-512A-44C8-B81B-91F03AA06D6C.jpeg
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DaHolla wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:24 pm
I just purchased this used Civilian and am wondering if it is genuine. I don’t know if anyone can tell by these pictures but I would greatly appreciate any opinions. It was an eBay purchase from a reputable seller. It doesn’t have any paper work or pouch. I know I took a risk but what’s done is done. Thoughts?

On the one hand, Spyderco has never offered a Civilian with scales like that. On the other, the blade markings, shape, and serrations look authentic, as does the hardware. Still, it's impossible to say for sure from a photo whether your knife is a fake or genuine Civilian that's been customized with aftermarket scales.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DaHolla

Post by DaHolla »

Thank you Deacon! The seller included the original G10 scales and said the added scales were custom. Hopefully it’s a genuine Spyderco.
Maxemetman

Post by Maxemetman »

Sony8432 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi, I recived an endura 4 this morning, I bought it in Amazon for 78€ (in Spain this model cost 120€ ), I tought it was really a good deal but now I think maybe it’s a fake one because the seller changed the price after I bougth it( now it cost 107€). Deadwood knives Llc is the seller, seems to be an honest dealer. Someone knows about them?

The blade seems to have “lightly” stamped letters :confused:
Do you have any pictures you can share? Mainly hardware, jimping, etching on the blade... but deadwood knives are from what I believe are reputable sellers on Amazon. They also sell to Walmart. Hope it helps!
Make.shift

Post by Make.shift »

Is this Goddard Jr. real or fake?
I’ve never seen a pivot like that, they are always pictured to be flat or flush.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/vZ ... P6JE_ndInR
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/j1 ... nGYBCGw21y
rycen

Post by rycen »

It’s legit but abused.
Make.shift

Post by Make.shift »

rycen wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:01 am
It’s legit but abused.
Thanks. Rode hard for sure.
gbcaffee

Post by gbcaffee »

I just saw this listing on Ebay. Sure has all the Spyderco trademarks and IP associated with it, but specifically states its not a Spyderco. Providing it to this thread because I'm unsure where else to send these types of IP infringement cases.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Foldi ... Swli9exVuy
marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

Anyone know if BladeHQ and KnifeCenter are reputable websites for pocket folders? Any other sites you can recommend?
"stay puft."
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

marshmallow wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:46 am
Anyone know if BladeHQ and KnifeCenter are reputable websites for pocket folders? Any other sites you can recommend?
Hi, marshmallow:
Both BladeHQ and KnifeCenter are authorized Spyderco Dealers. You can find them on our Dealer Locator here, https://www.spyderco.com/resources/dealer-locator/.

You might want to post your question though - other recommended sites - in the General Discussion area. You'll get a much bigger response there as this area focuses on counterfeits.

Make it a good day!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sony8432

Post by Sony8432 »

Maxemetman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:34 pm
Sony8432 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi, I recived an endura 4 this morning, I bought it in Amazon for 78€ (in Spain this model cost 120€ ), I tought it was really a good deal but now I think maybe it’s a fake one because the seller changed the price after I bougth it( now it cost 107€). Deadwood knives Llc is the seller, seems to be an honest dealer. Someone knows about them?

The blade seems to have “lightly” stamped letters :confused:
Do you have any pictures you can share? Mainly hardware, jimping, etching on the blade... but deadwood knives are from what I believe are reputable sellers on Amazon. They also sell to Walmart. Hope it helps!
Hi, I has been searching info about fake enduras and mine seems to be original, the seller as you said is a reputable dealer, now I feel better😀, Many thanks
Maxemetman

Post by Maxemetman »

Glad to hear. Welcome to the club!
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I was doing some research prior to buying a Spyderco P'kal, and I came across the Brother model 1606. Looks mighty similar.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/brother-16 ... 74229.html
goldcoast14k

Post by goldcoast14k »

I need a knowledge person to verify the authenticity of my recent ebay purchase. I thought the listing was from a reputable private seller and I paid what seemed fair market value for a Native 5 CPM REX 45 Sprint, C41PBORE5. Here is the listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293620744735

To stand up straight with your shoulders back is to accept the terrible responsibility of life, with eyes wide open
studiedtheblade

Post by studiedtheblade »

Got a Tenacious at Walmart a few weeks back and then, when they went on sale more recently, bought another one. One came in a clam pack and the other in an untaped box. Especially worried about the latter. Interested to know whether one of them might be a counterfeit given the different sizes in the "China" engravings. Can always post more photos.

Any help yall can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

https://imgur.com/a/2psPuzL
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

jousmit19

Post by jousmit19 »

Do you know if they fake Byrd knives? I have bought a Harrier 2 and inside the dock it has cracks, on the other hand, when activating the safety to close it, the corners are sharp.
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

jousmit19 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:37 am
Do you know if they fake Byrd knives? I have bought a Harrier 2 and inside the dock it has cracks, on the other hand, when activating the safety to close it, the corners are sharp.
I think it's always possible but at the price point I don't think it would be popular. The Harrier 2 looks like the Endela version of Byrd.

I have a FRN Cara Cara 2 and everything that has an edge was screaming sharp. The FRN corners, the lock bar and boye dent surface. Sanded the FRN and the lock bare edges a bit and it's good to go. Such a great slicer.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

The Chinese will most definitely counterfeit cheap knives. There are $20 counterfeits of $30 Ontario RATs.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

I think this is supposed to be a PM2...

marked as VG10 steel, looks like a liner lock too...

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-pocke ... SwG-dfi750