G10 Color for SPY27 Models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

G10 Color for SPY27 Models

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi all, apologies if this has already been brought up somewhere but it's a question I've been wondering about for a little while now: what color G10 will Spyderco use for their new SPY27 models?

So far, all models announced with SPY27 steel have been lightweight FRN or FRCP models, none have been G10-based. I can't imagine there wouldn't be a SPY27 Paramilitary 2, which is the primary model I see driving the steel being offered in G10 as well. Now of course Sal and Eric could throw us a curveball and finally announce the release of the lightweight PM2 that would obviously be the same cobalt blue color.

Cobalt blue G10, to keep with the wink-wink reference to the Z of Co? What do you all think or are hopeful for?

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Buddafucco

Re: G10 Color for SPY27 Models

Post by Buddafucco »

If it's not going to be cobalt blue... it should be cobalt green.
•• Beau
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'd guess they'd also be cobalt blue in g10. If they release spy27 in g10 models, of course. I'm thinking they will eventually, since s110v and maxamet both have lw and g10 models, and s30v is showing up on some lightweights lately, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Cobalt blue sounds great. I’m gonna need a Manix in it regardless. Lightweight and regular more than likely 👌👌
sal

Post by sal »

Hi RS,

The plan for SPY-27 is Cobalt Blue regardless of material.

sal
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Now if we could source some cobalt blue G-10 and Micarta for the mule team as well...always liked cobalt blue!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

sal wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:21 pm
Hi RS,

sal
Hi Sal,

Thanks kindly for your response. I look forward to seeing the G10 version of this color.

Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

sal wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:21 pm
Hi RS,

sal
Sweet.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I love all the Spyders with nuclear colors. They are so easy to find when misplaced. It is kind of a way of color coding the product and making them different from most other knives you find at retail establishments.

One of my all time favorites as far as color goes was the old Jester model with Burgundy Micarta. That was one Spyder I bought just on looks alone.
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

Hello folks,

In the 3 years since it was mentioned here, am I right in thinking that there never were any Cobalt Blue G-10 (SPY27) knives made and that the upcoming Para 3 and PM2 will be the first ones?

I'm interested in a knife for what I would call inbetween a medium and large size and fancy the PM2 to fill that gap. I also like the G-10 colour and the SPY27 steel seems to have been well received by everyday users.

So I'd say this one will probably be one of my next purchases, providing it becomes available here in the UK later. Not sure of the release dates on this pair?

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
elena86

Post by elena86 »

The cobalt blue G10 PM2 in SPY27 is one of my most anticipated knives in years. I like cobalt blue and I like how SPY27 takes a sticky sharp edge in no time. It’s a very serviceable steel and it performs much like S45VN from my limited experience.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Roefisher wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:54 am
Hello folks,

In the 3 years since it was mentioned here, am I right in thinking that there never were any Cobalt Blue G-10 (SPY27) knives made and that the upcoming Para 3 and PM2 will be the first ones?

Mark

That is correct. They will be the first to feature the Cobalt Blue G-10 with SPY27.
•• Beau
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

Cheers for the info, fellas.

I'm planning a couple of purchases from upcoming new knives so I hope they get over here and are still available when I'm wanting to buy them!

This PM2 is number one on my list, for sure. This past few days I've read a lot of threads and watched quite a few videos and I think it's just the ideal size of a knife I'm looking for. Combine that with the new Cobalt Blue G-10 and Spyderco's own SPY27 steel and I know it'll be a very special knife.

Cheers,

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Cobalt blue g10 Manix 2 and Manix XL please…
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

And Millie 2 too :)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

horzuff wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:20 am
And Millie 2 too :)

Millie ONE... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Just received the new Military 2 and, for me at least, it's a really big step up:
- more comfortable
- more fidget friendly
- better action
- clip position! (Tip down = 🤢)

So all the more reason for more flavors of the Millie 2!