REX45 Lil' Native Alert Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DTPrime

Re: REX45 Lil' Native Alert Thread

Post by DTPrime »

St Nicks just had a handful in, sold out in 5 minutes or so
JMM

Post by JMM »

Man this one's been a stinker to catch! :p :(
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Tell me about it. I have 3 inbound but it hasn’t been easy. Ugh.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Is that all? lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
araneae

Post by araneae »

On behalf of those still trying thanks for hoarding. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or do the email stock notifications not actually work when you sign up with a vendor? I must be on half a dozen+ notification lists, but haven't got anything about the knife. Seems like I just get added to their email list and the item comes and goes with no email sent about it. All I get is spammed newsletters.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

They don’t work at all. I’ve been buying Sprints for years and NEVER bought one through a vendor’s email or text. All illusory. Still waiting for vendors to send me that notice despite them selling the knives.

The reAson I buy several is to get one without lock stick and with a centered blade. Sometimes quantity is needed.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I and apparently many others are still trying for a quantity of 1.
-Nick

Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

araneae wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:03 pm
I and apparently many others are still trying for a quantity of 1.
Great! Keep trying then. I’ll keep notifying you when they hit.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Thanks for the encouragement...
Last edited by araneae on Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick

DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

araneae wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 pm
Is it just me or do the email stock notifications not actually work when you sign up with a vendor?
I have gotten numerous sprints through email and text notifications, including the Cruwear Shaman when they were selling out in seconds. They are not 100% reliable certainly, and some companies seem to be significantly better than others, but they have worked for me far more often than not.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Molle Ninja wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 pm

The reAson I buy several is to get one without lock stick and with a centered blade. Sometimes quantity is needed.
I never realized that a centered blade made a knife cut so much better. We can't have any lock stick, it's so important to the intended purpose of a cutting tool. You're probably a flipper too.

I'll be lucky to get one, and I know the quality will be just fine because it's coming from Spyderco.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Molle Ninja wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:39 pm
Tell me about it. I have 3 inbound but it hasn’t been easy. Ugh.
What's the purpose of your post?? Sounds like your bragging or something? Nobody cares that you have 3 for god knows what reason. Your kind aren't perceived too well around here, if you haven't taken notice.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I wish Spyderco would do what other companies do, send out the knives and ask all retailers to hold them and release on the same day.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I received mine today and I’m excited to try out the model. Fit and finish is perfect, just like all my other golden models.

To land mine, I had over a dozen sites opened in tabs and anytime I opened up my tablet, I would refresh every site. It took me almost a week of doing this before I found a site that had them in stock. It’s too bad these sprints continue to sell out so fast. Spyderco really needs to look into upping the quantity of sprint runs.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Molle Ninja wrote:

So you're already planning on returning or flipping 2 of them?
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Hoarders and flippers suck....selfish bastards
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

blueblur wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 pm
I received mine today and I’m excited to try out the model. Fit and finish is perfect, just like all my other golden models.

To land mine, I had over a dozen sites opened in tabs and anytime I opened up my tablet, I would refresh every site. It took me almost a week of doing this before I found a site that had them in stock. It’s too bad these sprints continue to sell out so fast. Spyderco really needs to look into upping the quantity of sprint runs.
Congrats on landing one!

This was one of two of the REX45 models I was most interested in trying out, but I have to admit the whole buying process and contending with bots and flippers leaves enough of a bad taste in my mouth, that I often decide not to bother with new sprintruns these days.

I agree, something seems a bit off when it’s this difficult to get hold of a new sprint model.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Cambertree wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:12 am
blueblur wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Congrats on landing one!

This was one of two of the REX45 models I was most interested in trying out, but I have to admit the whole buying process and contending with bots and flippers leaves enough of a bad taste in my mouth, that I often decide not to bother with new sprintruns these days.

I agree, something seems a bit off when it’s this difficult to get hold of a new sprint model.
I think this week it was just the premiere shipments being sold, so only like 5 knives in stock at a time. I bet next week the bigger orders start dropping, and they'll last longer. At least they won't be gone in seconds. By the end of the big drops, there were rex Manixes available for hours. There are STILL rex Natives available. Don't fret!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:22 am
I think this week it was just the premiere shipments being sold, so only like 5 knives in stock at a time. I bet next week the bigger orders start dropping, and they'll last longer. At least they won't be gone in seconds. By the end of the big drops, there were rex Manixes available for hours. There are STILL rex Natives available. Don't fret!
Yep thanks for the reassuring words Julia. You’re right, and I’m still hopeful. :)
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

SSD_777 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 pm
Molle Ninja wrote:

I never realized that a centered blade made a knife cut so much better. We can't have any lock stick, it's so important to the intended purpose of a cutting tool. You're probably a flipper too.

I'll be lucky to get one, and I know the quality will be just fine because it's coming from Spyderco.
Yeah, I guess I should have mediocre standards for everything I buy. Seems like a winner’s philosophy. Why strive for the best version of something when you can just take whatever comes, as long as it cuts? I’m glad you don’t work on the Spyderco quality control team.