BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

Re: BladeHQ M4 Manix XLs

Post by bdblue »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:26 pm
I'd love to see it in Rex 45 (or 4v, in my dreams) but I think I should put my money where my mouth is and grab one of these in M4.
I want some Rex45 even though I know that I probably couldn't tell the difference in my normal use from my M4.

RustyIron wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:12 pm
Get thee behind me,
I was feeling content because my existing carry knives meet all my needs. I have a carry knife for every occasion, and there's nothing available that I'm longing for.
Isn't that the truth! I've already got more good knives in my EDC rotation than I need, but I still want some Rex45, and I'm back and forth on wanting Maxamet, and ...
There are always new steels coming up to lust after.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:12 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Starting a dedicated thread on this one:
Get thee behind me, Julia!

I was feeling content because my existing carry knives meet all my needs. I have a carry knife for every occasion, and there's nothing available that I'm longing for. But your revelation blew that right out of the water.

The Manix 2 is my favorite platform, and my existing Brand X knives comparable in size to the XL are rather bulky. The XL in M4 really piques my curiosity. I'm going to bag one. The color, though, is unappealing. Maybe the intention is for the user to make it pretty.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Rob
Don't shoot the messenger! ;) ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

ABX2011 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 pm
I can't get over the clip placement on the XL. I guess with deep carry it would be ok.

I concur; went with the MXG DCPC, I don't notice any hot spots when using this one on my Manix XL. They sell shorter versions of these as well :spyder:

kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

marshmallow

Post by marshmallow »

everyone on the forum keeps talking about how great the Manix 2 is. Why is this one of the best edc's? It is quite large imo. I haven't played with a Manix before, but it seems like it will get in the way in your pocket.
"stay puft."
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

marshmallow wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm
everyone on the forum keeps talking about how great the Manix 2 is. Why is this one of the best edc's? It is quite large imo. I haven't played with a Manix before, but it seems like it will get in the way in your pocket.
This is the XL version here. This one is definitely a monster. On the last page there are some comparison photos with the XL and the regular Manix 2.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

marshmallow wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm
Weapons need to have a dedicated carry system. When I have a knife in my front pocket, it's the only thing that goes there. If I have a gun in my front pocket, it's the only thing that goes there, and then the knife is moved to the back pocket. The other front pocket is dedicated to keys and Chapstick. I just don't carry a bunch of stuff in my pockets. I find the "look" to be less than optimum.
blades&wrenches

Post by blades&wrenches »

Never owned an XL, and I do love me some M4. Yeah, I suppose I’ll try for an uncoated model.
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'll certainly get one if I can.
The last time I tried the website wouldn't work.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I may need one of these to compliment my M-4 Military.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I came here for the Vivi comments. Hope he gets a DLC version to check out. Wishfully thinking this prompts his return here. :p :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Enactive wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:21 pm
I came here for the Vivi comments. Hope he gets a DLC version to check out. Wishfully thinking this prompts his return here. :p :cool:
Right!? A knife nut like him, that had been an active member since 2007 cant just up and leave! I bet he still lurks around, and is ashamed at the lack of sharpening talks and threads!
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Sun May 24, 2020 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

I like my knives to have some heft to them. The Manix XL blade shape and size make it idea as a light duty bushcraft folder. The fact it is in CPM-M4 really put me over the edge. I want to put copper scales, ball bearing cage and backspacer on it then use the fool out of it so it developes character over time. Aged copper with a nice patina forming on the blade would be a good looking knife for sure. It will look especially good after hunting season. I am working on getting my meat reserves built back up so it’s the perfect time for knife testing and such.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

In honor of this thread, I dug out my s90v Manix XL and will carry it this week. :)
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

BladeHQ video I'm watching says MAYBE Friday June 5th
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Does anyone know if there is a purchase limit on these (I assume there is) and if so, if it's a separate limit for the two variants?

So if it's limit 2, can you get 2 of each, or just one of each?

And (what I'm really asking) if it's limit 1, do I have to pick between the two variants?
JMM

Post by JMM »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:25 am
Does anyone know if there is a purchase limit on these (I assume there is) and if so, if it's a separate limit for the two variants?

And (what I'm really asking) if it's limit 1, do I have to pick between the two variants?
IDK for sure, I remember with the 10v PM2's a couple months back you could get a DLC & a satin, but 1 each, not 2 of either... I am reasonably certain as it's a dealer exclusive they can do it however the heck they want... in the past if memory serves they weren't dropping DLC & Satin on the same days of the same model....
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:25 am

I have no inside info but if there is a purchase limit it will most likely be by SKU, so if they are limiting 1 per customer (as REC did with their recent 10v exlcusive) then you should be fine to get one of each.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Just saw the official announcement on IG: these are dropping Friday, June 5th and 10am MST.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.