Knife & Watch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PiterM
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby PiterM » Fri May 08, 2020 8:34 am

Black on black today...

Image

Cycletroll
Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: North Central New Mexico

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Cycletroll » Fri May 08, 2020 12:12 pm

Image

ladybug93
Member
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby ladybug93 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Image

w3tnz
Member
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm
Location: NZL

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby w3tnz » Wed May 13, 2020 12:21 am

IMG_E0171.JPG

User avatar
Featherblade
Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Featherblade » Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 am

Para 3 & Traser Commander

Image

User avatar
jezabel
Member
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby jezabel » Thu May 14, 2020 3:24 am

I think I have a few pics...
2FCAB106-4CA7-40C8-B788-EC2BC3E6DEDA.jpeg
C08FEB94-F785-489B-8EA4-B7B71ABAB183.jpeg
DCDBBAA4-E4DA-4FF0-88E2-6B2EF6FA338F.jpeg

J
FB04PBB, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 am

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:20 am
Image750_2519 by Jim Ankerson, on Flickr
That is a very nice case shape!

flasharry wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Here you go..
Image
That is a very clean watch.
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sat May 16, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Thu May 14, 2020 6:05 am

My Dad’s 1977 7009-8079 and the K390 Ladybug. Finally found a correct NOS bracelet and I can wear it. It’s been keeping great time, but with an unprotected dome crystal and only a “water resistant” rating it isn’t something I can wear as a daily beater.

Image
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 am

Here’s the beater combo, my ‘99 SKX173 and a CRUWEAR Military. The SKX could use a fresh crystal and it’s running a bit slow. Never been serviced. I’ve only had to replace the OEM resin straps; will be looking at something else. I like the looks of ISOfrane, but the cost is silly. Borealis makes a clone I’m going to try. Or maybe I’ll try a nato... Need to re-dye the Millie dark forest green.

Image
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

w3tnz
Member
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm
Location: NZL

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby w3tnz » Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Featherblade wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 am
Para 3 & Traser Commander
Nice nice :cool:

User avatar
Featherblade
Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Featherblade » Thu May 14, 2020 1:00 pm

w3tnz wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Featherblade wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 am
Para 3 & Traser Commander
Nice nice :cool:

You have good taste too :D

Wright.88
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Wright.88 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Image

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Cambertree » Sat May 16, 2020 4:53 am

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:09 am
VashHash wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am
I wish citizen made the one with the orange striped band with radio. I like the simplicity. I just prefer a watch that sets itself with the atomic clock. Very nice collection of watches and knives.
the radio signal doesn’t reach hawaii, so that feature is wasted on the two of mine that have it. however, i really like that watch anyway. it has a very clean face and a nice retro aviator feel. i also managed to snag it from amazon for just over $50, so it was a great value. :)
Hey Ladybug93 - you can get a phone app which broadcasts the atomic clock through your phone speaker.

In Australia we're too far away to reliably get the radio signals too.

Every couple of weeks I switch on the app, turn my phone speaker up high, and sync my G-Shocks which have the Multi Band 6 feature. You also have to make sure the watch is set to the same timezone as the atomic clock broadcast you use. It only takes a minute or two.

The app is called Clock Wave.

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Sat May 16, 2020 8:46 am

I didn’t need to go down this rabbit hole! A post on the Bushcraft forum rekindled a dormant interest...

SRPD21 “Save the Ocean” Special Edition

I’m a sucker for a sunburst blue dial.

Image
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sat May 16, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

ladybug93
Member
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby ladybug93 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:14 am

Cambertree wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:53 am
ladybug93 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:09 am
VashHash wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am
I wish citizen made the one with the orange striped band with radio. I like the simplicity. I just prefer a watch that sets itself with the atomic clock. Very nice collection of watches and knives.
the radio signal doesn’t reach hawaii, so that feature is wasted on the two of mine that have it. however, i really like that watch anyway. it has a very clean face and a nice retro aviator feel. i also managed to snag it from amazon for just over $50, so it was a great value. :)
Hey Ladybug93 - you can get a phone app which broadcasts the atomic clock through your phone speaker.

In Australia we're too far away to reliably get the radio signals too.

Every couple of weeks I switch on the app, turn my phone speaker up high, and sync my G-Shocks which have the Multi Band 6 feature. You also have to make sure the watch is set to the same timezone as the atomic clock broadcast you use. It only takes a minute or two.

The app is called Clock Wave.
what?! no way! trying this now. thanks for the heads up.

Cali HogHead
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Cali HogHead » Sat May 16, 2020 11:14 am

Image

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 am

Cali HogHead wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:14 am
Image
Nice!
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

Cali HogHead
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Cali HogHead » Sat May 16, 2020 11:31 am

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 am
Nice!
Thanks. As many Spyderco's as I've collected, and it's the Tas Salt that's with me every day.
Last edited by Cali HogHead on Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Woodpuppy » Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 am

I’m intrigued by the hawkbills, but haven’t made the jump.
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

Cali HogHead
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Knife & Watch

Postby Cali HogHead » Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 am

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 am
I’m intrigued by the hawkbills, but haven’t made the jump.
Maybe it's just my needs, but an H1 hawkbill covers absolutely every base for me. I usually have another folder on me as well, or a fixed blade more recently.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlexRus, bob7, fixall, Humbbaby, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mushroom, nerdlock, pantagana23, petey, TkoK83Spy, tonijedi, Wright.88 and 59 guests