Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Accutronman

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by Accutronman »

I’ll stick with the CF version.
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

Ripcurler wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:40 pm
Well done CarlPearson for getting this ball rolling. Count me in too. I don’t mind which steel. Prefer untreated Ti scales.
Thank you very much indeed for sharing your views on the forum it's much appreciated, I'm so happy there is so much support of this out there and it looks like I will need to be fast to pick one if it does go ahead! :)
M@rk

Post by M@rk »

A new version of the Titanium UKPK?
I'm in👍

A lanyard hole would be perfect. :D
Last edited by M@rk on Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pepsicosmos

Post by pepsicosmos »

I'm in 👍
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

pepsicosmos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:19 am
I'm in 👍
Glad to hear it! :)
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

I live in North Carolina so I can carry any Spyderco I want legally but I love Titanium so I would buy one or two. I carry a Spydiechef everyday at the moment but I don’t mind carrying more than one pocket knife.
pdixon

Post by pdixon »

Hi,

I’m new to Spyderco after telling myself for months I hated them....I don’t, I’ve bought two this month!

PM2 and Tenacious (with scales for both), and as much as I love looking at them, they stay in the house, so I’d love that level of choice with a UKPK

So yeah, I’d be interested in some UKPK’s with better options for sure!

Hate the current handle selection / colours.

Really dislike the pocket clip, so anything that remedies both of these would inspire to buy a few more!

I like black blades too if that’s doable!
Wasty42

Post by Wasty42 »

Hi Everyone,

I know this thread created a lot of new profiles - mine as well:) I live in Germany and I'm subject to our infamous §42a.
A couple of months ago I got a UKPK and it has not left my pocket since then.
It is actually all the knife I need, but as I'm quite a knife nut - so please bring the UKPK in Titanium, I'll buy it.
You can also bring the 3.5" CPK in a complete blacked out version, I'll buy it. (I'd love to have a black - blade/hardware/wireclip slipit)

And I wanted to say thank you for the really well thought out knives, they just work great and the deep carry wire clip is really amazing.
UKPK, Para3 LW, Stretch Straight Spine, Delica 4, Byrd Meadowlark
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

A good friend of mine who works with a wide range of metals where he works at just recently told me that Titanium has boosted in price to the point to where it's being dropped on a lot products. He told me in the last year that it was even hard for them to get good grades of "titanium">> and if you can find Titanium bar stock it is expensive for sure.

I had wondered why I had seen so few premium knives in titanium in the past 3 years or so and I bet the expense factor is probably why. It saddens me too because "titanium" is one of my top 4 favorite handle materials. I always loved that Titanium Salsa that Spyderco had about 14 years ago. To me it was by far the best of all of those Salsa models.
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Just registered here because of the bladeforums post.

I am a Paramedic in the uk, and my black frn has never left my pack. I will put a proper post tonight, as I have some ideas, but long story short, I would want definitely a couple of these.

Peace and love to everyone, and great job OP for getting this rig rolling.
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Hi everyone. I joined here to post my support for this idea.

I am a Paramedic in the the UK, and have been a big fan of the UKPK ever since my friend recommended one. It has had a place in my work gear for several years, and since then I bought a couple more. I would love to get a couple of UKPK titaniums.

I was waiting for a couple of the Heinnie UKPK https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-heinni ... nknife-g10 to arrive but its been 6 months so far, and they are saying longer than October now.

Sal; if you are still looking at this...a revisit to the serrated rescue would also be very cool. I missed the boat on that one, unfortunately.

Also, I bought the Native 40th Image as I really love the carbon / damascus combo, and would personally really appreciate a similar UKPK, but I appreciate that this would probably not be to everyone's taste.

Anyway, this is one of my first posts to this forum, so please excuse me if I missed anything I should have done.

Regards to you all.
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
Bigmike42

Post by Bigmike42 »

I’m definitely in. titanium and a decent blade steel
utor

Post by utor »

... would be also very interested in a reloaded Ti UKPK. I would like to try out LC200N and personally prefer the darker wire clips of the Caly 3. They look great on the UKPK as well. ;)
Jakelally

Post by Jakelally »

will 100% purchase, with a good steel and sub £250 its the best uk edc knife hands down. A micarta, copper or brass edition would be warmly welcomed also!
M@rk

Post by M@rk »

Last week I got a Spyderco Slysz Bowie. I think the combination of Titanium, the CTS XHP and the stonewash finish would be ideal for the UKPK. The wire clip must of course also have the stonewash finish.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Mzen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:30 pm
Or... if we want to go slightly crazier, maybe some LC200N and fully rust-proof hardware, which would make it into a sort of "Europe legal SpydieChef".
another time in which I would be happy to give sal direct access to my checking account. Black hardware and a matching black full length backspring, stonewashed Ti scales and matching stonewashed wire clip, satin lc200n. oooooooohhhhhh...

hey sal I'll give you access to my account now if you want.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
ChrisBee

Post by ChrisBee »

I bought one of the TI UKP's second hand and loved it. then I lost it. If you brought it back with S30v, S35vn, s90v or s110v or any other relatively premium steel I would buy several of them. I bought three of the Heinnie edition UKPKs last year, I would at the very least match that for the Ti version, provided the cost was under £200 per unit.

The terzuola slipit is another design I have one of, but never use because I would be scared to lose it if I took it out of the house.

and the k390 Urban

And the wharncliffe urban

And the PITS

And the TI Squeak

And the TI pingo

And so on. If you release them I will buy at least one more to make it of each so I can freely use them without fear.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I need to nab one of the HH models next time they're in stock...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

glad this got a bump, that "ukpkchef" idea got me WAY excited.

NEED NEED NEED
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Hunt807

Post by Hunt807 »

Yes please, take my money already! :D
I have the s110v which never leaves my pocket and the HH G-10 on back order, I would snap one up!