Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AdamCh1966

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by AdamCh1966 »

Great idea - we need more Spyderco love in the UK - count me in please. Adam
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

sal wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am
Hi Carl,

Welcome to our forum. The only downside is cost. The UK model is gaining in popularity slowly over the years. When we first made the model for the UK, most (even my own crew) thought I was nuts. I was involved in British forums and the British knife afi's were quite persuasive, though quite daft. ;) . But it has proven to have been a good move. We're building a 2nd exclusive run of the red G-10 version HH.

I'll watch the thread. If there is enough attention, we can consider a Sprint run. What steel would you think?

sal
In my dreams - Damasteel
down to earth - M4, Cruwear, or just good ol' S30V
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Hmmm... where is the CarlPearson, who started the thread, gone? Can´t see his/the first post :confused: anymore...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:33 am
Hmmm... where is the CarlPearson, who started the thread, gone? Can´t see his/the first post :confused: anymore...
Hi there, I edited my comment due to a spelling mistake and it needs to be pre-approved! Sorry for any inconvenience.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I'm not big on metal scales, but the PITS won me over after I picked one up on sale when they were disco'd. Since then I've wanted a ti UKPK, but as others noted they're rare and expensive on the secondary market.

As much as I'd like to see a redux though, I'm not sure I'd be a buyer if the street price was ~$200 or more. Would definitely be in on other variants like the long discussed LC200N Salt, 52100, or more affordable g10 options like the HH.
:spyder:
James. Yates2010

Post by James. Yates2010 »

I'd love to see the Lc200n salt version, or if possible k390.

To be honest I'd buy any new Ti or G10 version of the UKPK, but in a high end steel I'd be buying quite a few!
DrHammershaft

Post by DrHammershaft »

I'd be in 100%.

Given choice though I'd like to see black hardware inc wire clip. And ideally a fancy steel with dlc coating. Although "legal" big shiny blades aren't all that socially acceptable.

When I whip out my dlc para 3 lw nobody bats an eyelid due to how subtle it is.

What would be next level would be some sort of treatment on the titanium to darken it down a bit, like some sort of acid wash or the likes
delican_38

Post by delican_38 »

Another vote for the idea of a LC200N blade. With this said, I’d just be happy to see the knife released again and would be just as content with a blade in S30V.
:spyder: Spyderco collector since 2011
sal

Post by sal »

Wow! :eek:

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

sal wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm

I'd like to say "hi" to: UKlegal, Chilicheese, BlackHill, DarrenJeffery, Synderz, LeeWillis, Matt G, Als_edc_UK, T.L.E. Shenzy, Luck21, Frank Flash, AdamCH, Sirev, James Yates and DrHammershart,

Thanx Carl for starting the thread. You have certainly pulled out a very large group of new members in support of your request. Also thanx for all of your opinions on steels.

I'll pitch your case to management. Seems like there are no reasons to at least make a Sprint. It's also an opportunity for companies like HH to take notice.

sal

This is really cool and Spyderco just great :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Lucky21

Post by Lucky21 »

sal wrote:

sal
It still always blows my mind being able to speak directly to the creator of one of my favourite brands. Especially when you listen to your customer on such a personal level.

Bravo!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Lucky21,

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

sal
Lucky21

Post by Lucky21 »

Very true, many could learn from your example though.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Ti UKPK sounds great but what would everyone think if they anodized it blue or green?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

sal wrote:

sal
Wow, Sal, thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to get back to me and read all of our comments! It is much appreciated that you took the time out to do this!

I am truly blown away by the response from the Spyderco community thank you to everyone who commented on the forum and shared their ideas, I am truly humbled.

I really look forward to the response from the management team and cannot thank you enough for speaking to them about a sprint run! The UKPK is a truly beloved design.

Best wishes

Carl
Matriarchguy

Post by Matriarchguy »

I'd buy one for sure
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

S90V Ti handle oh that would really grab me. But lets face it a great stainless steel and TI would too.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Matriarchguy,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
PStone

Post by PStone »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:51 pm
Ti UKPK sounds great but what would everyone think if they anodized it blue or green?
That’d be cool with me, and even cooler if it were something like the Ti Pingo. A spyderbug anodized on it some cool way. :spyder:
Jezter46

Post by Jezter46 »

Great idea. Long overdue. Need some UKPK awesomeness. Drop point would be fantastic. Maxamet, Cruwear or Rex45 would be brilliant. Could live with LC200N. Would rather not though.