Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CarlPearson

Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by CarlPearson »

Is it just me that would love to see the Spierco UKPK make a return in its Titanium form? Please let me know and Spyderco know if you would be willing to purchase this knife if it was ever re-released! :)

I live in the UK where you can only legally have an EDC of under three inches with a non-locking blade, I currently use a Spyderco UKPK CMP S110V for my daily carry and I love it. I would really love if Spyderco brought back the titanium UKPK and I suspect a lot of people in the UK and European nations with stricter knife laws would flock to Spyderco to get one in their basket.

After emailing Spyderco to see if they had any plans in the future to release this stunning knife again I was told they do not, however a gentlemen named Kyle from Spyderco greatly helped me and told me my best bet was to start a forum and appeal to the community to see if they would like to see this made again as well!

So that's what leads me to here, yes I genuinely care enough to write all this to appeal for the UKPK TI to be produced again! Please do let me know below if you would like to see this knife back into production as well and if you would be tempted to get one if you don't already have one!

Best wishes to everyone and thank you for reading! :)
Last edited by CarlPearson on Sun May 03, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sal

Re: Appeal to bring back the stunning Titanium UK Pocket Knife

Post by sal »

Hi Carl,

Welcome to our forum. The only downside is cost. The UK model is gaining in popularity slowly over the years. When we first made the model for the UK, most (even my own crew) thought I was nuts. I was involved in British forums and the British knife afi's were quite persuasive, though quite daft. ;) . But it has proven to have been a good move. We're building a 2nd exclusive run of the red G-10 version HH.

I'll watch the thread. If there is enough attention, we can consider a Sprint run. What steel would you think?

sal
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Carl!

I also really like the UKPK, even though we don't have restrictive laws where I live. I would absolutely be interested in seeing a Titanium version, depending on the cost, of course.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Despite having no meaningful knife restrictions where I live, I'm a big fan of the ukpk and would like to see some more sprints/variants like the HH exclusive. Doubt I'd spring for titanium since I'm not big on metal scales, but many people seem to love em.
BigEddie

Post by BigEddie »

Yes, absolutely!

I am on the precipice of ordering a Techno II but being the wrong side of the law will probably prevent me. A Ti version of the UKPK (or Urban) would be fantastic.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I'm in...love Spyderco Slipits!
-Turbo
Mzen

Post by Mzen »

Personally I think that 20CV would be a lovely match to that titanium, but I don't even want to imagine how much such a piece would cost... If not, anything around the level of S30V would suit me perfectly well, that's more than enough for anyone.

However, I don't think the titanium alone plus S30V is a very exciting proposition for collectors, they always want something a bit fancier than usual. I think that a wharncliffe blade might be just enough to incite a bit of interest compared to the typical UKPK blade shape. Or... if we want to go slightly crazier, maybe some LC200N and fully rust-proof hardware, which would make it into a sort of "Europe legal SpydieChef". Yeah I know, pie in the sky moment here, I imagine that machining the slipjoint mechanism with those materials might be unviable, but it doesn't hurt to throw some ideas out there :rolleyes:

Also, made in Golden please :D
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Mzen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Or... if we want to go slightly crazier, maybe some LC200N and fully rust-proof hardware, which would make it into a sort of "Europe legal SpydieChef". Yeah I know, pie in the sky moment here, I imagine that machining the slipjoint mechanism with those materials might be unviable, but it doesn't hurt to throw some ideas out there :rolleyes:

Also, made in Golden please :D
I would have a hard time passing up on a "slipjoint SpydieChef." I am not sure that aTi/ LC200N UKPK is quite that, but i would still be interested in one.

In terms of premium UKPK configurations i am more interested in a g10 drop point UKPK with REX45, K390 or CruWear. I am excited that there was some discussion about an LC200N UKPK.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I would buy one!

52100!!!!!!!!!!!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Where the heck is that 52100 UKPK? Tan FRN?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

A fancy steel with titanium scales would be fantastic.

M390
20CV
S90V
Cruwear
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd still love to see a Maxamet UKPK.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I would buy one in about anything except S30V.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
uklegalcarryknives

Post by uklegalcarryknives »

Hear hear, I'm absolutely on board with this, UKPK and the entire series of Sal's UK friendly line are wonderful tools, a Ti version of any would go on my buy list!
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

Would definitely be interested, I’d love a Sprint in a tool steel but wouldn’t mind one in stainless either way I’d pick one up..

Lee
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

sal wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am
Hi Carl,

Welcome to our forum. The only downside is cost. The UK model is gaining in popularity slowly over the years. When we first made the model for the UK, most (even my own crew) thought I was nuts. I was involved in British forums and the British knife afi's were quite persuasive, though quite daft. ;) . But it has proven to have been a good move. We're building a 2nd exclusive run of the red G-10 version HH.

I'll watch the thread. If there is enough attention, we can consider a Sprint run. What steel would you think?

sal
Thank you so much for getting back to me, I'm humbled you and everyone else would take the time out of their day to share my love for this knife!

I have the UKPK in CPM S110V and I think the titanium UKPK with this steel would be fantastic as in my experience it's amazing at holding its edge.

I'll be honest I'm a bit of a UKPK nut, in just love them and have the HH G-10 version on backorder for when they are back in stock, loved the fact you guys done an exclusive with them and hope to see more like that in the future!

The UKPK is hugely popular in the German market as well and I think any sprint run would fly off the shelves!

Best wishes,

Carl
CarlPearson

Post by CarlPearson »

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I'm humbled you and everyone else would take the time out of their day to share my love for this knife!

I have the UKPK in CPM S110V and I think the titanium UKPK with this steel would be fantastic as in my experience it's amazing at holding its edge.

I'll be honest I'm a bit of a UKPK nut, in just love them and have the HH G-10 version on backorder for when they are back in stock, loved the fact you guys done an exclusive with them and hope to see more like that in the future!

The UKPK is hugely popular in the German market as well and I think any sprint run would fly off the shelves!

Best wishes,

Carl
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

In for a penny, in for a pound: a premium stainless would get my vote. Ti/20cv to go along with the lc200n UKPK salt version....
chillicheesefries

Post by chillicheesefries »

I'm in the UK as well and the UKPK has been my go-to knife for EDC for years now. I have a lot of UK legal folders but nothing else really compares IMHO.
When the HH version was released I jumped at the chance to get a brand new G10/S30V version of my favourite knife and I've carried it every day since I got it. I feel just as excited at the thought of a Ti version (S30V would be perfect for this as well). Right now Ti UKPKs are like hens teeth on the secondary market and prohibitively expensive - especially for something I'd want to use.
If this sprint run happens I'm in, 100%.